Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling Banter Page and Buff Egan Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Buff has new wheels :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Buff got around to adding me on Snapchat. He has his location freely available to everyone using the map function.. surely he realises this? When you're that popular you'd hardly want everyone to be able to find where you are..?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mod Warning

Please rein it in posters.

Evidently Buff Egan is loved by many within the hurling community but has his detractors.Nothing wrong with that but he does not deserve to be subjected to ridicule,insult and worse.A recurring theme on this thread.

This thread is close to the point of no return and risks closure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

A few years back, I asked him on his FB page if he would try and make money off the amount of followers he had and he seemed against it back then. I didn't listen to all of the YT interview posted, so not sure if he answers that question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What is his current job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

bigpink wrote: »
    What is his current job?

He's a farmer I think. Sometimes posts snaps of himself out in the field with his sheep. Like a shepherd, minding his stock. Only instead of a crook to lean on he carries a hurl. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CK22

I know this page hasn’t been active in a few months, but just wondering what people thought about Buffs rants about getting tickets to the All Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

I cant understand how he did not get a ticket. maybe he wanted one for nothing, dont know. I turned down at least 3 and lads were tell me that there were tickets starting to appear the day before the match. fair play to him for going to all those game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Ah bless,has he not been given a journalistic accreditation yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Ah bless,has he not been given a journalistic accreditation yet..
    He wasn't looking for a journalistic accreditation, he was just looking for a bog standard ticket. He hasn't really made a big deal about it, I feel a year ago he probably would have lost the head but he took this on the chin. It's a joke that he wasn't sorted out with a ticket. Half the crowd on Sunday won't have been to a game all year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I'm sure when he says he couldn't get a ticket he means he couldn't get a free ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,162 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

He really has no time for that Rory fella

I'm sure when he says he couldn't get a ticket he means he couldn't get a free ticket.

So you reckon he got freebies for the two semi finals that he travelled upto?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

dulux99 wrote: »
    So you reckon he got freebies for the two semi finals that he travelled upto?
    Without question. Also a recent issue with a train ticket.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

He wasn't looking for a journalistic accreditation, he was just looking for a bog standard ticket. He hasn't really made a big deal about it, I feel a year ago he probably would have lost the head but he took this on the chin. It's a joke that he wasn't sorted out with a ticket. Half the crowd on Sunday won't have been to a game all year.

I dont follow buff on twitter nor do I have snapchat, but he has retweeted a multiple amount of people going on about how he didnt get a ticket and the baldy fella did. Having a quick look on his twitter page, and its full of self loathing and retweets of how he didnt get a ticket and how he is such a great hurling follower. He didnt take it on the chin at all, just let everyone else do the moaning for him.

His club won a county title at the weekend and I havent seen one mention of that on his timeline. seemingly preferring to go see Fr Teds house than actually watching his own club in a county final. He is a massive hurling follower when it suits. For most people club comes first. It doesnt seem to figure anywhere at all for Buff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

There is absolutely no doubt with his hundred thousand followers, if he just put 1 post up online saying he is in need of a ticket.. he would have got one. Must be he didnt want to pay for the ticket and following expenses.

bruschi wrote: »
    His club won a county title at the weekend and I havent seen one mention of that on his timeline. seemingly preferring to go see Fr Teds house than actually watching his own club in a county final. He is a massive hurling follower when it suits. For most people club comes first. It doesnt seem to figure anywhere at all for Buff.

He fell out with his club years ago.

He's a massive hurling supporter, and gives the game great exposure. Simply ridiculous to say otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Don't think that is true to be fair.

He deserves a ticket full stop. He has been to the games all summer. He has been to games that rte didn't even bother to televise or cover on the radio.

In terms of advertising the fact that he didn't have a ticket, he is between a rock and hard place. He retweeted a post from someone who said buff hadn't a ticket but didn't make a post himself to say so.

I expected him to turn up at the match and send a snap chat on the morning of the match but I couldnt believe he didn't get one.

He deserved a ticket and I felt genuinely sorry for him. It just shows he is like a lot of ordinary supporters around the country who didn't get a ticket but the tickets wound up going to people who hadn't been to a game all year.

At this stage, he should be given a press pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Without question. Also a recent issue with a train ticket.

How do you know he is supposedly getting free tickets..

He fell out with his club years ago.

He's a massive hurling supporter, and gives the game great exposure. Simply ridiculous to say otherwise.

This, end of story. His entire shtick is aimed at young kids who wind up following hurling as a result of following him. You see him at the games and he is a genuine celeb amongst kids. What he's doing is great for the sport. Times are changing, social media personalities like him are what's going to appeal to young people kids and get them interested in the game.

For those saying he gets the tickets for free - you're just stating things as fact without any evidence at all. If you do have evidence then I'll hold my hands up but I've not seen a single thing to prove that he gets tickets for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MattressRick

kala85 wrote: »
    Don't think that is true to be fair.

He deserves a ticket full stop. He has been to the games all summer. He has been to games that rte didn't even bother to televise or cover on the radio.

In terms of advertising the fact that he didn't have a ticket, he is between a rock and hard place. He retweeted a post from someone who said buff hadn't a ticket but didn't make a post himself to say so.

I expected him to turn up at the match and send a snap chat on the morning of the match but I couldnt believe he didn't get one.

He deserved a ticket and I felt genuinely sorry for him. It just shows he is like a lot of ordinary supporters around the country who didn't get a ticket but the tickets wound up going to people who hadn't been to a game all year.

At this stage, he should be given a press pass.

Should he bollox be given a press pass. I know people who went to games all year too, to support the county and not for attention seeking, and they couldnt get a ticket for Sunday.
    Buff only goes to matches for attention and to fill his social profile, the further afield the game the better. If he'd a choice between the Kerry county hurling final or the Donegal county hurling final, he'd surely go to Donegal instead, but he'd never do it if smartphones didn't exist.

He's not trying to promote hurling, people are mistakenly crediting him with that. He's just an attention seeker with all the spare time in the world.

Honestly I struggle to put myself in the shoes of people who have a problem with what he's doing. If you don't enjoy the content he puts out then don't follow him on snapchat? You actually have to go to the trouble of seeking out his page and opting in to follow him in order to see him.

Honestly I struggle to put myself in the shoes of people who have a problem with what he's doing. If you don't enjoy the content he puts out then don't follow him on snapchat? You actually have to go to the trouble of seeking out his page and opting in to follow him in order to see him.

His existence isn't being discussed. It's how much of a human rights violation it was that he didnt get an all Ireland ticket.

His existence isn't being discussed. It's how much of a human rights violation it was that he didnt get an all Ireland ticket.

All anyone is saying is that its a shame he didn't get a ticket. Surely you can agree that it's a shame that someone who goes to that many games didn't get a ticket? There'll have been thousands of people there on Sunday who've never been to a single Limerick game in their life. Its the same every year with the all Ireland. I couldn't get a ticket for the all Ireland final in 2013 after going to every game. Its a pain in the hole. Its the same every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

He should have getting in contact with Danny healy Rea about a ticket.

Should he bollox be given a press pass. I know people who went to games all year too, to support the county and not for attention seeking, and they couldnt get a ticket for Sunday.
    Buff only goes to matches for attention and to fill his social profile, the further afield the game the better. If he'd a choice between the Kerry county hurling final or the Donegal county hurling final, he'd surely go to Donegal instead, but he'd never do it if smartphones didn't exist.

He's not trying to promote hurling, people are mistakenly crediting him with that. He's just an attention seeker with all the spare time in the world.

How someone can hold so much bitter begrudgery for a man they haven't met is frightening.

Who else do you know who'd be travelling from Kerry to Antrim for club finals? Giving the game exposure at his own expense and asks for nothing in return bar a bit of respect. Last year I remember him being at the Kerry, Cork, Clare, Galway, Waterford, Antrim and Down finals. This isn't mentioning other non-final games around the country. Farcical to suggest there's anyone else around the country travelling to this extent, because guess what? There isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Is buff unemployed? Or what is his occupation?

a full time

How someone can hold so much bitter begrudgery for a man they haven't met is frightening.

Who else do you know who'd be travelling from Kerry to Antrim for club finals? Giving the game exposure at his own expense and asks for nothing in return bar a bit of respect. Last year I remember him being at the Kerry, Cork, Clare, Galway, Waterford, Antrim and Down finals. This isn't mentioning other non-final games around the country. Farcical to suggest there's anyone else around the country travelling to this extent, because guess what? There isn't.

I don't like attention seekers and that's all he is. It's laughable to think he's doing it to promote hurling. He's got nothing else to do and craves attention so I'd prefer to see people who go to games for the love of their county getting sorted with all Ireland tickets first, then if there's any spare sort out people like buff Egan who only wants to go for himself and his profile, not to promote the game.
    And he is asking for something in return, giving out about Rory o Connor having 2 premium tickets. Wasn't that an expectation that he should be getting the same treatment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

salty much ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

I (unfortunately) personally know Buff and can confirm that the negative opinions of him as outlined in earlier posts are accurate.

Advertisement