Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling Banter Page and Buff Egan Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

You're not stating your opinion- opinion and comment are two different things.
    You are constantly giving commenting negatively- I just dont see the point to coming on making repetitive throw away b*tchy comments.

I agree he's a bit of an odd character and is a bit immature in some ways but sure let him off- whats the point in being a bully?

My opinion is he's a self entitled fool. His latest sob story to get a ticket being another example.

Again as I've said he's well able to give but plays the bulling card when it's given back at him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

cms88 wrote: »
    My opinion is he's a self entitled fool. His latest sob story to get a ticket being another example.

Again as I've said he's well able to give but plays the bulling card when it's given back at him

Why do you care so much about this? Would your life be substantially better if he didnt exist? Or would it make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Why doesn't he have one then?

As i said before he stopped palying for his club as he didn't get the ticket he was ''entitled'' to for the 2013 final, so that's very much sulking

Even if he had a season ticket it wouldn't get him one for sunday - only season ticket holders for the competing counties get them.

Why do you care so much about this? Would your life be substantially better if he didnt exist? Or would it make any difference?

Why do you care so much about what i think?

Why do you care so much about what i think?

I'm just trying to help you deal with your, fairly obvious, rage issues- my goal is to help you see a bit of perspective on the issue.

• Advertisement

I'm just trying to help you deal with your, fairly obvious, rage issues- my goal is to help you see a bit of perspective on the issue.

It seems you're the one with the issue, seeing as you're so worried about someone you don't even know. And for the record i do actually know him

It seems you're the one with the issue, seeing as you're so worried about someone you don't even know. And for the record i do actually know him

That prob explains a lot so- jealousy is an awful thing.

As i've said (and others have said) if you dont like him then avoid him and leave him be. Theres nothing to be gained by just going around slating him.

That prob explains a lot so- jealousy is an awful thing.

As i've said (and others have said) if you dont like him then avoid him and leave him be. Theres nothing to be gained by just going around slating him.

Jealous of what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

What age is this guy?

Looks about 32 yet talks like a 17 year old.

Jealous of what exactly?
    The fact that he has a profile and you only seem to have bitterness- the irony of which is that you are furthering it by discussing him in online forums.

Look this is going around in circles- I hate bullies, especially faceless internet ones who who can make constant personal attacks on people from their bedroom/work place- you are falling into that category so I will challenge you on this as I abhor this type of cowardly behaviour.

The lad is doing well for himself - why not let him off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

The fact that he has a profile and you only seem to have bitterness- the irony of which is that you are furthering it by discussing him in online forums.

Look this is going around in circles- I hate bullies, especially faceless internet ones who who can make constant personal attacks on people from their bedroom/work place- you are falling into that category so I will challenge you on this as I abhor this type of cowardly behaviour.

Jaysus please tell me you can see the irony in this post and this is all a bit of a piss take??

Bla bla bla everyone is out to get poor little Buff. Like i said he gives it out as much as he gets it. But the likes of you seem to ignore that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Even if he had a season ticket it wouldn't get him one for sunday - only season ticket holders for the competing counties get them.

I was just thinking further about this and isn't this a little flawed? I mean opinions vary on Buff (as seen above!:D) but he's a genuine GAA fan who goes to a lot of games so doesn't he deserve one? I would think he's been to a lot more games involving Galway and Waterford than the majority of their supporters who will manage to land one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,196 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Not the biggest Hurling follower and this lad only really came to light from this thread but I spotted him having a bit of a rant there. He got a lot of negative comments at the final apparently.

It was a bit car crash watch tbh. He seems to get plenty of positive attention, if he can't handle the negative, then he needs to step away. But it seems like he's gotten a bit of a taste for fame and that probably won't happen.

Maybe he was drunk but he didn't seem altogether with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Happened at the 21s final on Saturday

https://youtu.be/yfczjkDcMyE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Would you want this guy around kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Happened at the 21s final on Saturday

https://youtu.be/yfczjkDcMyE

Poor lad was only blowing his horn.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

He's a bully,especially on his fb page. I had to unfollow him. His way or no way. I believe he's looking for journalist accreditation:). That assault on the lad blowing the horn will help his quest no end.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

He's a bully,especially on his fb page. I had to unfollow him. His way or no way. I believe he's looking for journalist accreditation:). That assault on the lad blowing the horn will help his quest no end.!

True but we can be fairly sure that young lad was blowing that horn to get that exact reaction from Buff

• Registered Users Posts: 38,377 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

At the all Ireland senior final he was unhappy with his ticket and kept moving around and sitting in central Cusack stand tickets until the ticket holder arrived. He was sitting behind us for most of the minor game and I surprised at the amount of kids/teenagers getting selfies with him. Didn't hear any abuse be given to him

I don't mind him tbh but he could be annoying esp if you don't understand what he's doing (him snapchatting during games, recording videos etc).

On that attack at the under 21 game I think he overreacted a bit but how annoying would it be to have some idiot blow a horn rite into your ears. Surly he will release a video explaining himself and possibly giving an apology

• Advertisement

Dont use snapchat but seen his account must be annoying if you were near him at a match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

PTH2009 wrote: »
    On that attack at the under 21 game I think he overreacted a bit but how annoying would it be to have some idiot blow a horn rite into your ears. Surly he will release a video explaining himself and possibly giving an apology

He has nothing to explain or apologise for, that guy with the horn was a f*ckin idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I wonder how long more his but of fame will last? I could see him fade away quick enough unless Joe.ie/Balls.ie/whoever give him a minor role covering matches or something.

Re the shove he gave yer man? Nothing in it, some twerp with a horn got a shove.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

I had a quick look at the hurling banter page and it's laughable to suggest this guy has any journalistic abilities. He's only in it for the attention. Even joe.ie would be wasting money paying him to report on sports news.
    If he didn't have a phone and social media would he be going to games the length and breadth of the country every week? Would he ****. It's all just a way of getting attention so I don't see journalistic qualities in this lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,162 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If people think it's ok to not just shove a young fella once but TWICE then we live in a overreaction time.

He could have just asked the lad to kindly stop but instead thought he was Conor McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If people think it's ok to not just shove a young fella once but TWICE then we live in a overreaction time.

He could have just asked the lad to kindly stop but instead thought he was Conor McGregor.

Spot on. Anyone who thinks that was acceptable behaviour, needs to cop themselves on. Ok, so the horn was annoying, but his reaction to it, was way over the top. If anyone doesn't think so, imagine that was your younger sister/brother or your teenage son/daughter, or your elderly father being shoved like that. Imagine it wasn't a total stranger. And then think about what your reaction would be. Still think it's ok?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Spot on. Anyone who thinks that was acceptable behaviour, needs to cop themselves on. Ok, so the horn was annoying, but his reaction to it, was way over the top. If anyone doesn't think so, imagine that was your younger sister/brother or your teenage son/daughter, or your elderly father being shoved. Imagine it wasn't a total stranger. And then think about what your reaction would be. Still think it's ok?

I'd be more embarrassed if a kid of mine was behaving the way that young lad was, it was really unacceptable when you could see he was walking away from the situation and he was dragged back by his shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,162 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

He was a kid with a horn who just thought he was being cool. Seriously if people think Egans behaviour is accepatable then people be fighting on streets everyday over small things.

He is a grown man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Doltanian wrote: »
    I'd be more embarrassed if a kid of mine was behaving the way that young lad was, it was really unacceptable when you could see he was walking away from the situation and he was dragged back by his shoulder.

Newsflash. Teenagers do stupid things, that mortify their parents all the time. Showing off how cool and funny you are in front of your mates is all part and parcel of being a teenager. It doesn't give grown, adult men - who should know better - a free pass to shove them about.

• Advertisement

This incident will be bad p.r for him

Advertisement