Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling Banter Page and Buff Egan Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭spideyman92

sasta le wrote: »
    This incident will be bad p.r for him

I'd imagine more and more will try to wind him up for more reactions like that. We love building someone up and then have the craic tearing them back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

I'd imagine more and more will try to wind him up for more reactions like that. We love building someone up and then have the craic tearing them back down.

This is a grown man craving the attention of tweens, and responding like a spoiled bully to a bit of 'banter'. Don't be making a martyr out of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Does he make any few quid of the back of the amount of followers he has on social media?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

seachto7 wrote: »
    Does he make any few quid of the back of the amount of followers he has on social media?

I'd say he surely gets a few quid for the appearances he does. Sure he was at some debs in Kerry during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

I like following buff on Snapchat and he gives great updates on all games throughout the summer. It's great to tune into buff and see the highlights.

I find him great craic. I think the gaa should have given him a free ticket to the all ireland or at least a decent one considering all the promoting of the games he does.

He has carved out a nice niche for himself covering matches. I hope he keeps it up. If people dont like him, just unfollow him or leave him be. Don't ruin it for the rest of his followers.

I think that he is fairly good at commentary on the matches and I'm surprised that he hasn't appeared on local radio to commentate on a few games . He has a decent voice and gives good descriptions of what is happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'd say he surely gets a few quid for the appearances he does. Sure he was at some debs in Kerry during the summer

A debs? Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,377 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

And the point of that was ???

Prob Similar to when one of those Home & away guys visit nightclubs here and Do **** all

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

kala85 wrote: »
    I like following buff on Snapchat and he gives great updates on all games throughout the summer. It's great to tune into buff and see the highlights.

I find him great craic. I think the gaa should have given him a free ticket to the all ireland or at least a decent one considering all the promoting of the games he does.

He has carved out a nice niche for himself covering matches. I hope he keeps it up. If people dont like him, just unfollow him or leave him be. Don't ruin it for the rest of his followers.

I think that he is fairly good at commentary on the matches and I'm surprised that he hasn't appeared on local radio to commentate on a few games . He has a decent voice and gives good descriptions of what is happening.

It's self promotion if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

His posts about women are a bit creepy. Seems he thinks he's entitled to the ride because he has a big following.

Saying that, I don't think his social skills are on point like, there's something up there with the lad. He is the target of some fierce abuse which is way over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Happened at the 21s final on Saturday

https://youtu.be/yfczjkDcMyE

Annoying youngfella.would have gotten alot worse from many others.buff showed restraint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

dirtyden wrote: »
    This is a grown man craving the attention of tweens, and responding like a spoiled bully to a bit of 'banter'. Don't be making a martyr out of him.

I've been saying that for a long time. Yet look at the comments here alone defending him

Grayditch wrote: »
    His posts about women are a bit creepy. Seems he thinks he's entitled to the ride because he has a big following.

Saying that, I don't think his social skills are on point like, there's something up there with the lad. He is the target of some fierce abuse which is way over the top.

Again like i said he thinks he's entitled to everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭robbiezero

smurgen wrote: »
    Annoying youngfella.would have gotten alot worse from many others.buff showed restraint.

Kick in the hole would have been well deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

*Buff standing beside some 16 year old*

"With a fine Kerry hurling woman here! Oh I would ya!!"

Does he not realise how terrible that comes across? :pac:

Didn't he say "stick it in maaaaan" about some other wan? :confused: I know it's fairly harmless but it does come across fairly creepy especially when they look about twelve or thirteen years younger than him..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jaysus, I was only talking about him moaning about girls who say they're his biggest fans blanking him after a selfie, that's eh... That's something else.

Did that really happen on a video like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Jaysus, I was only talking about him moaning about girls who say they're his biggest fans blanking him after a selfie, that's eh... That's something else.

Did that really happen on a video like?

I have some recollection that it did, about 90% sure.. In any case his behaviour around women is very strange and he definitely could do without commenting on how "tantalising!" they are..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

The youngfella with the horn was annoying but an over reaction
    Didnt realise he was being such a creep towards girls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

young fella deserved a box in the jaw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

cms88 wrote: »
    I've been saying that for a long time. Yet look at the comments here alone defending him

Look he does a lot for club hurling that gets neglected a lot of the time by the GAA.
    Goes on the odd rant about silly things but really if you don't like him just dont follow his page.
    Skip past it and move on.

There is no need for the level of abuse he receives on line and most especially the physical abuse he got in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

some muppet following him around blowing a horn in his ear thinkin hes a great lad
    people on here defending him
    ah come off it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Never heard of this guy til now, what's the attraction or story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

sasta le wrote: »
    The youngfella with the horn was annoying but an over reaction
    Didnt realise he was being such a creep towards girls

Tbf he is going to get abit of hassle as he's putting himself forward as a celeb/posing for selfies etc (self fulfilling circle...if he dont-no followers?)

But that young lad if it was any sort of social occasion (night out etc) hassling/acting the maggot to someone walking away from you would have ended very badly for him and could do well to learn from it

(This is not supporting violence etc,just the reality of life)

But maybe he should scale back the featuring selfies with others etc as a way to wind down the celebrity aspect of it ???

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Look he does a lot for club hurling that gets neglected a lot of the time by the GAA.
    Goes on the odd rant about silly things but really if you don't like him just dont follow his page.
    Skip past it and move on.

There is no need for the level of abuse he receives on line and most especially the physical abuse he got in Kilkenny.

Yes he does and that's good. However it's all about him. He sees himself as some sort of voice for the samll man, but he's just using it for his own image.

Again he's more than capable of giving it out himself just doesn't like it when its the other way around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Yes he does and that's good. However it's all about him. He sees himself as some sort of voice for the samll man, but he's just using it for his own image.

What does that even mean?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Just to add a bit of perspective to the "young lad" who Buff "attacked", he has since posted on his instagram account that Buff sentenced him to deletion. So this was his aim all along too, gain his own social media notoriety by winding Buff up and getting a reaction. This "young lad" also on his instagram account has posted about drinking bags of cans with the lads, and signing other girls breasts whilst in a pub. He is no innocent chap having fun and attacked by some aul fella. If you behave like that, you run the risk of getting shoved like he did, and thats all it was, a shove. And it seems he was, to borrow a phrase, delighted to have got that from Buff. glowing in someone elses internet fame to gain his own.

And I say that as someone who has little or no interest in snapchat or Buff Egan, who I personally think is not all there and the people he comes across who want the selfies or the phrase are laughing at him and not with him. I am not a follower of any of his social media accounts, but it is very hard not to have any knowledge of who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Farmer_3650

There is so many people out there who have great respect for Buff Evan. Buff is clearly very sensitive. Any little thing at all and he goes on to snapchat and starts complaining that he gets no respect from anyone. People see this as a weakness and try and get a reaction out of him. I think he's looking for sympathy with all this whinging he does but it's only making people want to take the p*ss out of him. All these things he says like" delition" and "drink it in man" etc. Doesn't help things either. He's making such a fool out of himself. He then claims that he is in it for the love of the game and he is not in it for money like all the other bloggers/ gaa commentators which is pure bs if you ask me.
    Even though the lad blowing in his ear was acting the pr*ck, I think he was wrong to attack him since there was so many young children around him who look up to Buff like they would to an actual hurler/footballer. I can't see him getting any jobs as a commentator / journalist, since he is only well known for making a fool out of himself

• Registered Users Posts: 38,377 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

He's a big pro wrestling fan and the phrases ' deletion', 'drink it in man' and 'Believe that' he uses are from there

What does that even mean?

Can yo not read?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Even though the lad blowing in his ear was acting the pr*ck, I think he was wrong to attack him since there was so many young children around him who look up to Buff like they would to an actual hurler/footballer.

well society is in an even worse place than I thought if young children look up to some gobdaw from Kerry who supports Clare who's only known to people because he acts like an idiot on social media. What has he done for anyone to think he should be some sort of role model for kids? I doubt any kids see him like that, or more accurately, I sincerely hope no kids do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Again he's more than capable of giving it out himself just doesn't like it when its the other way around

Look he can come across as a bit silly at times but if I want to see games that he highlights fine Ill look at them. When he's on a rant or cooking I just skip on past. Simple really
    The comments he gets on facebook are unbelievable at times and it amazes me what people will write but wouldn't say to his face.
    If you don't like him don't follow him.
    If you don't like something he says/does skip on past.

Advertisement