Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling Banter Page and Buff Egan Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

bruschi wrote: »
    well society is in an even worse place than I thought if young children look up to some gobdaw from Kerry who supports Clare who's only known to people because he acts like an idiot on social media. What has he done for anyone to think he should be some sort of role model for kids? I doubt any kids see him like that, or more accurately, I sincerely hope no kids do.

Gobdaw is such a great and massively underused word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

He must be delighted with a thread on a national forum that's running to 11 pages! I have to say I got him on Snapchat in the last few weeks and enjoy his clips of the games, it's actually good to see them from another angle or see them at all if the game isn't on.

I find it funny that so many people are on here to have a go at him, especially repeatedly, I liked a couple of pages on Facebook over the summer that were GAA related, but ended up knocking them off my feed because they were full of rubbish and didn't need to come on here and post endlessly giving out about them. I really wish I had as little going on in my life that some bloke making 15 second videos that I can avoid was my biggest gripe!!

On a final point while I enjoy the videos I wouldn't like to be beside him at a match all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I think he's hilarious.i thought the cooking was funny too.he's a harmless enough chap and i could easily see him being begrudged and sneered at by angry disgruntled types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Sure if it makes him happy, makes others happy and gives a different spin on match day why not
    Have to say I love whole delete delete delete thing that was until a friend said all of buffs sayings are from WWF

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I asked before but didn't get an answer. What age is he?

He's a creep. I wouldn't want any young female member of my family near the disgusting idiot. He's not safe, he's clearly mentally unstable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah I thought he'd come up with all his catch phrases but they're all borrowed. That was a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Pussyhands wrote: »

He's a creep. I wouldn't want any young female member of my family near the disgusting idiot. He's not safe, he's clearly mentally unstable.

Mid 30's 33/34 that way

leestone wrote: »
    Sure if it makes him happy, makes others happy and gives a different spin on match day why not
    Have to say I love whole delete delete delete thing that was until a friend said all of buffs sayings are from WWF

All his ''original content'' is taken from somewhere else, he just hopes people wont notice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

cms88 wrote: »
    All his ''original content'' is taken from somewhere else, he just hopes people wont notice

You really don't like him do you?

Have you deleted him from your facebook/snapchat?

SAMTALK wrote: »
    You really don't like him do you?

Have you deleted him from your facebook/snapchat?

Just pointing out the facts thats all

• Advertisement

Just pointing out the facts thats all

Have you deleted/blocked him?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,162 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is that you Buff?

Is that you Buff?

Naw Maaaaann :P

Yes. Don't see waht that has to do with anything

Yes. Don't see waht that has to do with anything

If you look back on my posts I have already said that when people get so worked up about someone on facebook/snapchat/etc surely the obvious thing is to block them instead of slating them .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Dont know why Buff doesn't set up a Youtube channel and make his audience even bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Dont know why Buff doesn't set up a Youtube channel and make his audience even bigger

Doubt he'd know how.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

That'll only be confusing Francis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

And with a name like your's you'd be an expert on creepiness ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

well society is in an even worse place than I thought if young children look up to some gobdaw from Kerry who supports Clare who's only known to people because he acts like an idiot on social media. What has he done for anyone to think he should be some sort of role model for kids? I doubt any kids see him like that, or more accurately, I sincerely hope no kids do.

When did he describe himself as a role model to kids?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

When did he describe himself as a role model to kids?

Well as you seem to have read my post, you may have also seen the post I was directly quoting where someone on here said kids look up to him more than they would to inter county players.

Well as you seem to have read my post, you may have also seen the post I was directly quoting where someone on here said kids look up to him more than they would to inter county players.

Seems to me they just like to get selfies with him and copy his catch phrases. Harmless enough, hardly looking up to him as a role model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Seems to me they just like to get selfies with him and copy his catch phrases. Harmless enough, hardly looking up to him as a role model.

A role model is a bit much but he is in a position of influence, it probably will give the message to some kids that it's an appropriate reaction (which I kind of thought it was tbh..)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

MOD

Lads - youse don't need reminding about acceptable posting standards when discussing someone in a public domain. Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Says on Snapchat that it's not worth the hassle and he's pulling back a bit. Is this the end for the Buff..? :eek::P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Interesting viewpoint considering what your username is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

His Snapchat was at a u10 game in Antrim this weekend he is from kenmare I believe.
    He also recorded himself playing FIFA with a child who looked less than 10

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

He spent a weeks dole in the Celtic store too

leestone wrote: »
    His Snapchat was at a u10 game in Antrim this weekend he is from kenmare I believe.
    He also recorded himself playing FIFA with a child who looked less than 10

He was up there for the Antrim senior hurling final.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

He spent a weeks dole in the Celtic store too

I get vibe he is possibly on disability (not meant as pop at him) by his use of public transport??

Either way fair fcuks to him,travelling kerry to Antrim for a club match

Advertisement