Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling Banter Page and Buff Egan Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I get vibe he is possibly on disability (not meant as pop at him) by his use of public transport??

Either way fair fcuks to him,travelling kerry to Antrim for a club match

I think he drives to most games. Obviously didn't fancy the drive up to Antrim though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

You know you've made it big in Ireland when people are discussing what social welfare payment you're getting.. :pac:

jam83 wrote: »
    I had a quick look at the hurling banter page and it's laughable to suggest this guy has any journalistic abilities. He's only in it for the attention. Even joe.ie would be wasting money paying him to report on sports news.
    If he didn't have a phone and social media would he be going to games the length and breadth of the country every week? Would he ****. It's all just a way of getting attention so I don't see journalistic qualities in this lad.

RTE have alot worse on their books :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Silver Rock CLG

how in the name of lord almighty christ above does he afford to go to all the matches? He hasn't worked a day in his life..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

RTE have alot worse on their books :P

Bernard o Shea isn't in sport but would be the only simpleton I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

I see he has a lot of super valu on show tonight with his baking,ie ingredients and a jersey sponsored by super valu I wonder are they sponsoring him in some way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭cms88

brookville wrote: »
    I see he has a lot of super valu on show tonight with his baking,ie ingredients and a jersey sponsored by super valu I wonder are they sponsoring him in some way

But sure he does it for the ''love of the game''

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

He must be sitting on a small fortune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

While the cooking has nothing to do with hurling,

I do think it's a good thing showing his very young tween followers in particular,how to cook a meal from scratch :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

He's some hurling man alright; turned his back on his own club. Repeated claims to be from Clare as well instead of Kilgarvan, Co Kerry.

He's a spoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

He is great craic! Anyone that doesn't enjoy him must be dead enough their selves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

gettin paid by supervalue
    thats best 1 i have heard in a while lol

finbarrk wrote: »
    He is great craic! Anyone that doesn't enjoy him must be dead enough their selves.

Exactly. Honest to god with all the corrupt overpaid pr1cks we have running this country, the incompetence and the wastage of money and yet we are only bothered about an ordinary man from Kerry who loves hurling and is having the craic :rolleyes:

Benildus wrote: »
    He's some hurling man alright; turned his back on his own club. Repeated claims to be from Clare as well instead of Kilgarvan, Co Kerry.

He's a spoofer

How did he turn his back on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

How did he turn his back on them?

Refused to play with them any longer due to a perceived personal slight over some friend of his being dropped for not turning up to training.

He was also running their FB page for ages and promptly turned it into a page for having digs against the club officers and committee. He also accused them of trying to turn the club into a football only club. Not to mention the attacks on the Kerry county board for focusing on football over hurling.

He also accused some Kerry footballers of insulting the Christy Ring winning team by not posting congratulations etc.

The man is not well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭cms88

Benildus wrote: »
    Refused to play with them any longer due to a perceived personal slight over some friend of his being dropped for not turning up to training.

He was also running their FB page for ages and promptly turned it into a page for having digs against the club officers and committee. He also accused them of trying to turn the club into a football only club. Not to mention the attacks on the Kerry county board for focusing on football over hurling.

He also accused some Kerry footballers of insulting the Christy Ring winning team by not posting congratulations etc.

The man is not well.

Don't forget about his rant when he didn't get the ticket he was ''entitled'' to for the 2013 final

He loves taking digs at Rory’s Stories and The 2 Johnnies.

Does he not realise they are a comedy act?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

the kids seem to relate to him, even in the likes of Westmeath

and if it gets kids talking about the GAA and hurling then that's great

if he's getting a few bits of sponsorship then more power to him.

I just won't be supporting a corporate charity fundraiser when he retires

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

He had 2 excellent match reports today from the 2 Waterford games. Wouldn't have gotten to see those highlights any other way. Had most of the goals in fairness to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

His Snapchat is great craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

As much as I think he is brilliantly Entertaining and gives great insight into the club game I really think he is not the most stable of guys, gets very insulted easily

Hope he keeps up the work,

Just noticed the address on the top of one of the letters he put on Snapchat, surely he should realise he can get hate mail too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

He loves taking digs at Rory’s Stories and The 2 Johnnies.

Does he not realise they are a comedy act?

To be fair we're still trying to figure out if HE'S a comedy act.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 yesnow

Heard it through the grapevine that he was awful rude to some fans at the Mayo County Final between Tooreen and Ballyhaunis. Praising Tooreen on his story but saying in the stands that it was the worst display of hurling he'd seen and that he regretted making the trek up. Awful disheartening to hurling fans in more football dominated areas if this is true.

yesnow wrote: »
    Heard it through the grapevine that he was awful rude to some fans at the Mayo County Final between Tooreen and Ballyhaunis. Praising Tooreen on his story but saying in the stands that it was the worst display of hurling he'd seen and that he regretted making the trek up. Awful disheartening to hurling fans in more football dominated areas if this is true.

To be fair if you're a fan of hurling in Mayo, and knowing how seriously people from those two clubs take that particular rivalry, I doubt your commitment to the cause would be shaken by the opinions of a jumped up ludraman like Buff Egan.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 yesnow

To be fair if you're a fan of hurling in Mayo, and knowing how seriously people from those two clubs take that particular rivalry, I doubt your commitment to the cause would be shaken by the opinions of a jumped up ludraman like Buff Egan.

Agreed. Though I was mainly referring to younger fans of national school age that idolise Buff and take his word for gospel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

See the attached pic,
    It's funny but seriously this is something a young teenager would come out with.

leestone wrote: »
    See the attached pic,
    It's funny but seriously this is something a young teenager would come out with.

• Advertisement

leestone wrote: »
    See the attached pic,

The fcuking state of him. How do his friends and relations let him make a national show of himself? I wouldn't let him out without a bicycle helmet.

Advertisement