Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling Banter Page and Buff Egan Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Why deos he bother engaging with these lads in particular negative comments??

Its a zero win game

He abuses back,wastes energy comes across bad,. ..no one's going to apologise/say sorry

There's no path ends up in a winning position...let his supporters argue back and forth with trolls on the comment sections....that's not his battle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Why deos he bother engaging with these lads in particular negative comments??

Its a zero win game

He abuses back,wastes energy comes across bad,. ..no one's going to apologise/say sorry

There's no path ends up in a winning position...let his supporters argue back and forth with trolls on the comment sections....that's not his battle?

I'd guess he either secretly likes the attention, does it for entertainment purposes, or else hasn't realised that that sort of reaction isn't helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Following Buff for 9 months or so now on Snapchat, FB and Instagram. Good enough coverage of hurling all across the country and fair play to him if he makes a few Euro from it. Wouldn't like to be near him at a match though.

One thing he really needs to cut out is "oh I would yeah" when standing in front of women. Some of the girls he's said it to have looked young. He'll say it to the wrong person someday and will get a box for his troubles from a boyfriend/parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He's become a creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Bit creepy now alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭big_drive

His appeal is huge. Set up an Instagram account only recently and has over 50k followers already. Some big companies can’t get that type of following

Would want to cash in while he’s the opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

big_drive wrote: »
    His appeal is huge. Set up an Instagram account only recently and has over 50k followers already. Some big companies can’t get that type of following

Companies would be afraid to sponsor him. Like SuperValu could sponsor his cooking for example but its his outbursts that would make them stay clear. They wouldnt want to be promoting him if that was the case. Buff says what he wants and I'm not sure thats gonna change any time soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

big_drive wrote: »

It seems to be mainly young kids/young teenagers who follow him!

Would be quiet cynical to cash in on that market though imo?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This constant crying over not getting his hole instantly because he has a popular Internet page is embarrassing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Grayditch wrote: »
    This constant crying over not getting his hole instantly because he has a popular Internet page is embarrassing.

From my understanding it is all an act and he does very well with the women, The page is a mixture of diehard GAA coverage and sheer comedy with the occasional cooking thrown in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭eurokev

I love following him, only way I get to see bits of matches I wouldn't be able to.

Have to say, it's only a matter of time before he does something stupid and ruins his life.
    He is so public, out in the open, popular and not the brightest penny for it not to happen.
    I hope I'm wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭big_drive

Tomorrow he’s going to kanturk Ballyduff which I had hoped to attend but can’t now. So I’ll be very glad of his updates and clips, otherwise I wouldn’t see a bit of it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,383 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

a lad from America visited him today who is a big follower of his page

amazing what social media can do for a person

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Just saw on his snapchat that someone hacked his facebook page and took it offline. He won't like that for sure.

Doltanian wrote: »
    Just saw on his snapchat that someone hacked his facebook page and took it offline. He won't like that for sure.
    7f241b2411b4b7f934500832b425e2d2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

I see he made it up to Navan on Saturday, fair play to him. My one criticism of Buff is that he's insistent on calling out Rorys Stories and the Two Johnnies. It's like comparing apples and oranges having a go at them like.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CK22

Did anyone see his appearance at the Limerick Hurling Boxing Fundraiser? Definitely worth watching the video Limerick GAA has up on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Jesus Christ, he's like a ****ing horny dog you need to throw a bucket of water over. Honestly, is someone going to step in and take care of him and stop pretending the country isn't having a big laugh at the poor lads expense? It's not right that he is being left to do this stuff with the whole country laughing up their sleeve at him, he'll do harm to himself in the end.

• Advertisement

I cant help feeling that the lad needs a bit of reeling in or advising on his usage of social media at this stage. He does strike me as extremely harmless yet very naive at the same time.

I cant help feeling that the lad needs a bit of reeling in or advising on his usage of social media at this stage. He does strike me as extremely harmless yet very naive at the same time.
    Yeah he means no harm or anything but obviously there's nobody close to him willing to tell him to take care of himself. He's not the full shilling like. Social media can be a cruel world for a lad like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Jesus Christ, he's like a ****ing horny dog you need to throw a bucket of water over. Honestly, is someone going to step in and take care of him and stop pretending the country isn't having a big laugh at the poor lads expense? It's not right that he is being left to do this stuff with the whole country laughing up their sleeve at him, he'll do harm to himself in the end.
    Oh will you stop, he was pissed and was trying to get stuck into someone, You can see 100 lads at that craic every Saturday night, That video is more of a reflection on the idiot who recorded it than anything else.

And thats not a new video, it was originally shared about 6 months ago, Just some loser dragging it up again to try and get some followers.

joecass123 wrote: »
    Oh will you stop, he was pissed and was trying to get stuck into someone, You can see 100 lads at that craic every Saturday night, That video is more of a reflection on the idiot who recorded it than anything else.

Not the thing you want broadcast all over the internet though really in all honesty. Everyone does it but they are not always on camera and not always widely known.

We are also in the age of a revolution of sorts against sexual harassment and also trial by media. Some of it overdue and some of it a load of pc horse shít.

From that point of view you would be worried for him that he would end up in a compromising position. I genuinely dont think the lad means harm but with todays women I would fear for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I don’t think he’s naive at all, you can see in his snaps that he’s well aware that people try to take advantage of him on nights out looking to get a rise out of him or some defaming picture or video and the treatment he gets on nights out is something he rants about quite often.

As he says himself, any haters that he gets, he sentences them too ‘deletion’ and doesn’t let it bother him too much (at least on the face of things).

The guy has the backing of a serious number of intercounty hurlers and nobody is laughing at him except a few begrudging idiots who you’ll always get in Ireland.

The guy is an absolute legend but I feel he may inevitably sell out and end up taking a paid position of some sort which will be a disaster as the novelty of what he does will inevitably fade end and his star will sizzle out.

Long may it last though, absolutely fantastic personality and promoter of the game.

joecass123 wrote: »

And thats not a new video, it was originally shared about 6 months ago, Just some loser dragging it up again to try and get some followers.
    100 lads don't have the media profile he does in an atmosphere right now where lads are losing their careers over harassment and stuff. He's had a few reactions on social media complaining about women not being interested in him and lads looking to video him making a tit of himself, some of which sounded more than a little bit depressive. I'm not being alarmist here, you'd worry for a lad like that who has a combination of a penchant for putting himself in compromising positions, a very high media profile, and an incredibly thin skin.

Look, if he seemed remotely happy you wouldn't mind, but he's never done ****ing cribbing about all sorts of ****e, not least of which is his own sexual frustration. If he was your brother would you leave him to it or would you have a quiet word?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

thelad95 wrote: »
    I don’t think he’s naive at all, you can see in his snaps that he’s well aware that people try to take advantage of him on nights out looking to get a rise out of him or some defaming picture or video and the treatment he gets on nights out is something he rants about quite often.

As he says himself, any haters that he gets, he sentences them too ‘deletion’ and doesn’t let it bother him too much (at least on the face of things).

The guy has the backing of a serious number of intercounty hurlers and nobody is laughing at him except a few begrudging idiots who you’ll always get in Ireland.

The guy is an absolute legend but I feel he may inevitably sell out and end up taking a paid position of some sort which will be a disaster as the novelty of what he does will inevitably fade end and his star will sizzle out.

Long may it last though, absolutely fantastic personality and promoter of the game.

you're giving him a lot of credit there. He doesnt have the brains to make it a fully paid position to be sustainable. It is a novelty and it is fading out already. He thinks he is as big as county hurlers and the Kerry football team. He goes out expecting women to fall all over him. He lets it bother him a serious amount. I'd say most people laugh at him rather than laugh with him. He is a novelty, and thats about all. I dont think people follow him for his insightful views or knowledge. They follow because he is a simpleton who makes people laugh. Fair play to him for getting such a following and for doing what he is doing, but anyone with half a brain would be making serious coin out of this. He says he does it for the love of the game yet moans that he gets nothing out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

thelad95 wrote: »

Genuinely not sure if this is a troll or not :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,383 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

his posting a statement later according to this Facebook page

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

danganabu wrote: »
    Genuinely not sure if this is a troll or not :confused:

It must be, as the spelling and punctuation is too good for it to be Buff.

"The guy has the backing of a serious number of intercounty hurlers "

"The guy is an absolute legend "

LOL

Advertisement