Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling Banter Page and Buff Egan Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Announcement was to address the fact he wasn't included in a list of best 100 Irish snap chatters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

joecass123 wrote: »
    Oh will you stop, he was pissed and was trying to get stuck into someone, You can see 100 lads at that craic every Saturday night, That video is more of a reflection on the idiot who recorded it than anything else.

And thats not a new video, it was originally shared about 6 months ago, Just some loser dragging it up again to try and get some followers.
    A video recorder on the loose Ballyragget, and Buff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Announcement was to address the fact he wasn't included in a list of best 100 Irish snap chatters.

He's what they call a Telpus.

(Picture an Irish Mammy clicking her tongue and saying "God help us" at the same time)

Painfully cringey. Not an ounce of cop on between his two ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Buff should do trolling lessons, he's got ye wrapped around his baby finger.

Lads have ye never met a Kerry man before? They appear thick as shít on purpose, cunning feckers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Lads have ye never met a Kerry man before? They appear thick as shít on purpose, cunning feckers.

I have it on good authority that he gets on better with women than he lets on.

A lot of his sayings and mannerisms are definitely geared towards the younger generation which make up a large proportion of his followers.

Behind all the childish banter, he really does love the game and covering lesser known matches really is admirable. You’ve got to wonder where the guy gets the motivation to drive to Mayo to cover a club game in the pissing rain, probably having to leave his house at 6/7 am and spend over 50 quid on petrol when he knows he’ll probably have a tirade of abuse flying into his phone all day, mocking his actions.

On a more serious note, I get the feeling the guy may not be the strongest mentally and as others have mentioned, you’d hope there could be someone to tell him to take it easy now and then, especially with the nights out on the town, they really seem to knock it out of him for a few days afterwards and venting about his sexual frustration on nights he doesn’t pull shows his naivety as he just comes across as really desperate. Hardly going to impress any girls flicking through his snaps.

You do wonder if he’ll get bored especially as his popularity dwindles.

Anyone else feel him going to the game in London was like a ‘jump the shark moment’ already?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

thelad95 wrote: »

A lot of his sayings and mannerisms are definitely geared towards the younger generation which make up a large proportion of his followers.

Behind all the childish banter, he really does love the game and covering lesser known matches really is admirable. You’ve got to wonder where the guy gets the motivation to drive to Mayo to cover a club game in the pissing rain, probably having to leave his house at 6/7 am and spend over 50 quid on petrol when he knows he’ll probably have a tirade of abuse flying into his phone all day, mocking his actions.

On a more serious note, I get the feeling the guy may not be the strongest mentally and as others have mentioned, you’d hope there could be someone to tell him to take it easy now and then, especially with the nights out on the town, they really seem to knock it out of him for a few days afterwards and venting about his sexual frustration on nights he doesn’t pull shows his naivety as he just comes across as really desperate. Hardly going to impress any girls flicking through his snaps.

Anyone else feel him going to the game in London was like a ‘jump the shark moment’ already?

"Behind all the childish banter, he really does love the game and covering lesser known matches really is admirable. You’ve got to wonder where the guy gets the motivation to drive to Mayo to cover a club game in the pissing rain, probably having to leave his house at 6/7 am and spend over 50 quid on petrol when he knows he’ll probably have a tirade of abuse flying into his phone all day, mocking his actions"

Id say he loves the attention more than the game. Take the opportunity for selfies out of the equation and he probably wouldn't go to half the games he goes to. Selfies are all he seems to be bothered with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭cms88

But but but he does it for the love of the game i thought...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Lads have ye never met a Kerry man before? They appear thick as shon purpose, cunning feckers.

he definitely deserves an award so, not a snapchat award but an oscar, because he has the best performance of a thick as sh1t person I ever saw. and if that really is put on, then bravo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

bruschi wrote: »
    he definitely deserves an award so, not a snapchat award but an oscar, because he has the best performance of a thick as sh1t person I ever saw. and if that really is put on, then bravo.

I have met him in person a few times. He is not performing, he is genuinely that idiotic

• Advertisement

thelad95 wrote: »

I doubt it. London is probably quicker and cheaper to get to than parts of Northern Ireland id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

he was flown over to London for that match and given free accommodation, it didn't come out of his pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I doubt it. London is probably quicker and cheaper to get to than parts of Northern Ireland id say.

Sure a train from Tralee to Dublin is about €50 I think, you'd get to London for €40 if you're lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Them audio clips doing the rounds about Rory's Stories on Radio Kerry are mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

dont think its him is it?

sc86 wrote: »
    dont think its him is it?

Im fairly sure its him alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Im fairly sure its him alright

What is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

What is it?

Somebody recorded him having a rant about Radio Kerry calling the Rories Stories fella "a sporting legend". Buff took offence because he felt betrayed by his own people (Radio Kerry)

He is can be heard effing and blinding to beat the band:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Somebody recorded him having a rant about Radio Kerry calling the Rories Stories fella "a sporting legend". Buff took offence because he felt betrayed by his own people (Radio Kerry)

Jesus wept. Where can this be found?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Betrayed by his own people :D

The same fella wears the Clare jersey more then he wears the Kerry jersey,his own club Kilgarvan made an Intermediate Hurling Final this year down here and he was no where to be seen

I think this is the funniest thing Buff has done :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Seems to be doing the rounds in different WhatsApp groups alright. Raving mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

I feel sorry for the lad, he’s clearly not the full shilling and doesn’t know how to handle the relatively small bit of fame he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CK22

Ah lads he’s lost it. Rory isn’t even a rival anymore. Hasn’t posted GAA in a long time. I think Buff has come across as an awful nasty yoke there

Buff saying himself and Rory are rivals

Its like Rory Mcilroy saying himself and Messi are rivals :D

Was he not a Clare radio not so long ago giving a review of the year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭rpurfield

CK22 wrote: »
    Ah lads he’s lost it. Rory isn’t even a rival anymore. Hasn’t posted GAA in a long time. I think Buff has come across as an awful nasty yoke there

A lad doing comedy sketches versus a lad snapchatting clips of games, it's hardly like they're in the same field now.

What do the people who said people were jealous for calling him for what he is think now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

cms88 wrote: »
    What do the people who said people were jealous for calling him for what he is think now?

You seem infatuated with criticising him. If you hate him so much you're probably better off just ignoring him rather than having over 30 posts about him on an online forum.

Advertisement