Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Dublin to Donegal what to expect?

Options
  • 26-06-2017 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am 16 and have lived in ballymun my whole life and am moving to bundoran in donegal next week. We are moving there because I got expelled from school and my ma is from there.

What is it like there I love to play Gaelic football is there any good clubs in Donegal ? What do lads do for fun there? Does there be many fights? What do they think of us dubs more importantly what does girls there think of us?

Sorry for so many questions and feel free to tell me about Donegal.
    Tnx and cheers bud

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

It is a small town that is moderately busy during the summer but very quiet out of season. It is famous for surfing and has a great surf school there. Good library too.
    The school is a decent size and has activities and sports etc. I did some supply teaching there about five years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

People say 'hai' a lot. Doesn't mean anything but they say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Were you never in Bundoran before?

Seems drastic action to up and move house because you got expelled from school

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Quinn123 wrote: »
    I am 16 and have lived in ballymun my whole life and am moving to bundoran in donegal next week. What do lads do for fun there?

They buy a cheapo rwd car off "The Dealer" magazine, weld the diff and try and write their name in black on the main road. Time was the Sierra was favourite, but they are too hard got nowadays.
    And most important, don't call people "Bud" or "Starry Bud". Bad for your health.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    They buy a cheapo rwd car off "The Dealer" magazine, weld the diff and try and write their name in black on the main road. Time was the Sierra was favourite, but they are too hard got nowadays.
    And most important, don't call people "Bud" or "Starry Bud". Bad for your health.

Don't encourage the lad, there is enough of those types about, and its twincams ,lexus is200s or altezzas that are in at the minute.

Bundoran is a grand spot, busy in summer quiet the rest of the year. It has a good underage GAA team that should be no problem training with and people are generally sound. And Aye, don't be calling people "bud" you'll get used to the local lingo eventually :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Don't worry OP, I know a lad from Stoneybatter who upped sticks and moved to Donegal and got stuck in with local GAA and craic, he'd be a well liked fella around the area he lives and while he gets plenty of stick for being a Dub, its all good natured and he gives it back in spades. He's even cultivating a bit of the Donegal twang!

You'll be grand. Lovely spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Integrate into the community, join the local GAA club, join as many clubs and groups as you can, get to know people and make friends, stay out of trouble make the most of your fresh start

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I heard Bundoran is beautifull.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Aye Stevie Wonder wrote the classic "Beautiful Bundoran"

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A troll thread going nowhere. Locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement