Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance claim

Options
  • 26-06-2017 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm 19, was insured on my mothers policy and had a small accident, I caused 1019 euro worth of damage, the insurers offered that I could pay them the damage I caused but I didn't have the money at the time, regardless they covered it. But now the insurance is out and I have a claim against me, luckily my mother opted for a ncb protection and she can get insurance no problem apart from a few companies. The idea is that if they would accept a grand cash to keep the claim off the books a few weeks after the accident would they accept the 1000 euro now and give me the sheet of paper saying I earned 1 years claim free named driver experience

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Have you asked them?

I would be wary as you still have to notify insurers that you had an accident even if you repay the claim.

Paying back may have been of more benefit to the policy holder (mother)than you

• Registered Users Posts: 10 adamk2345

I understand where you are coming from, but the question I am asking is if they would remove the claim off their records if I reimbursed them will they be happy to do it now. Basically if it cannot be settled I cannot drive for three years unless I'm willing to pay crazy money

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

adamk2345 wrote: »
    I understand where you are coming from, but the question I am asking is if they would remove the claim off their records if I reimbursed them will they be happy to do it now. Basically if it cannot be settled I cannot drive for three years unless I'm willing to pay crazy money

Insurers are the only people who could possibly answer this. Ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

adamk2345 wrote: »
    I'm 19, was insured on my mothers policy and had a small accident, I caused 1019 euro worth of damage, the insurers offered that I could pay them the damage I caused but I didn't have the money at the time, regardless they covered it. But now the insurance is out and I have a claim against me, luckily my mother opted for a ncb protection and she can get insurance no problem apart from a few companies. The idea is that if they would accept a grand cash to keep the claim off the books a few weeks after the accident would they accept the 1000 euro now and give me the sheet of paper saying I earned 1 years claim free named driver experience

They should do, yes.

Advertisement