Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint Honours degree query

Options
  • 26-06-2017 6:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm a final year student doing a double honours degree in Arts and i was wondering about what sort of degree I will get based on both my subjects results.
    My first subject recieved a 650 overall with my second requiring a repeat in August but my other marks for this module put me at a 73% average, and I'm expecting a first in the Autumn exam also.

I was wondering what result my final degree will be. Would it add the total score of both modules and find the average to determine my final degree result? Also with the second year results I know it takes account of 30% of these results, my results are more or less the same, would these be my best modules in each subject for this 30%?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Your final result will be the average of your two subjects. Your second year results will only be used if it can raise your total mark to be higher than your final year results. The 30% will be the average of your second year results.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Your final result will be the average of your two subjects. Your second year results will only be used if it can raise your total mark to be higher than your final year results. The 30% will be the average of your second year results.

Thanks for that. Hopefully it's gets me a 1.1 overall.

Advertisement