Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biopharmaceutical Chemistry?

• 26-06-2017 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

The CAO is due Friday so I'm trying to clear it up a bit this week. I've had "Biopharmaceutical Chemistry" down on the list for a while and I have a few questions about it:

Why are the class sizes so small? On the website and prospectus it says that the course only takes on roughly 10 students every year. Why is this?

What is it like to get jobs with this degree?

How many hours of lectures a week?

Also, I don't know why, but anytime I've talked to professors from this course, either through email or at open days, I've always gotten a very vague reply. The course content seems a bit wishy-washy and nobody seems to be able to give me a straight answer about what this course is actually like.

Is it a glorified general science degree? Is it a stepping stone to pharmacy that isn't much good on its own? Is it like a pure chemistry degree?

Any and all advice appreciated

Advertisement