Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon Ireland vs Cycling Ireland Membership

Options
  • 26-06-2017 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hey,

I have recently started joining a cycling club for weekly spins however its come to that time that i am going to join.

I have a triathlon Ireland membership however i have had conflicting reports where some people are saying that i am required to join cycling Ireland also in order to be covered and some people are saying i dont.

Does anyone have the definitive answer if both memberships are required in this case?

Ps its just leisure cycling i am doing with the club not racing.

I dont know if this has been addressed before but i had a dig around and couldn't find anything on it. this may be one for the cycling forum
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

It is likely that your Cycling Club has a rule that you must have CI membership.
    Showing them your TI membership would be like trying to get Tesco club card points in SV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

As far as I recall there was an issue with regards to this in Drogheda with many members of the Triathlon club also going out with Drogheda wheelers and in the end they all had to get Cycling ireland membership

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

As far as I recall there was an issue with regards to this in Drogheda with many members of the Triathlon club also going out with Drogheda wheelers and in the end they all had to get Cycling ireland membership

Similar issue arose in Galway too. You need CI membership to cycle with any clubs I know of in Galway & Mayo. I assume it's the same across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

There was a reciprocal agreement but CI stopped their side a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

cart man wrote: »
    It is likely that your Cycling Club has a rule that you must have CI membership.
    Showing them your TI membership would be like trying to get Tesco club card points in SV.
    but dont they take competitors vouchers lol

so sounds like a conflicting answer lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement