Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost luggage on the Burgh Quay

Options
  • 26-06-2017 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

I was supposed to travel to Waterford yesterday but I missed the 2pm Dublin coach bus at burgh quay. I had to wait for two hours and so I took a short walk and when I got back, the luggage was gone. Its a black fabric luggage with wheels. I have most if books and some important documents.
    I have reported to the police and I don't know what else to do.
    If anyone knows anything or any step I can take please let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Shenanigans surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Shenanigans surely.

Baffling if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Unanimous wrote: »
    I was supposed to travel to Waterford yesterday but I missed the 2pm Dublin coach bus at burgh quay. I had to wait for two hours and so I took a short walk and when I got back, the luggage was gone. Its a black fabric luggage with wheels. I have most if books and some important documents.
    I have reported to the police and I don't know what else to do.
    If anyone knows anything or any step I can take please let me know.

Back the up here; whoa there horsie......you're saying you left your luggage at the bus stop & went off for a stroll and still expected it to be there when you get back......?

Please post up your credit card details here incl. expiry date, CVN/CV2 Nr. etc.

Promise no one'll use it.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Unanimous

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Back the up here; whoa there horsie......you're saying you left your luggage at the bus stop & went off for a stroll and still expected it to be there when you get back......?

Please post up your credit card details here incl. expiry date, CVN/CV2 Nr. etc.

Promise no one'll use it.............

So what's your point exactly!? If you don't have any help or solution to offer why post anything at all? If I lost sth important to me do you think this is the best time to make mean jokes!? I hope you remember this mean joke you made when sth goes wrong for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Contact the Council street cleaners, they may have picked it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Unfortunately most places are not safe to leave anything in.
    Were there other people around?
    Did you check the immediate area? Scummers usually only take their loot around the corner to check for valuables and leave the rest behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Unanimous wrote: »
    So what's your point exactly!? If you don't have any help or solution to offer why post anything at all? If I lost sth important to me do you think this is the best time to make mean jokes!? I hope you remember this mean joke you made when sth goes wrong for you.

Capitol city, you leave your luggage unattended and go for a stroll. I mean, come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nearly any other capital city in Europe it would have been blown up as suspicious.

Its either been stolen, taken by the street cleaners (least likely) or handed to the Gardai. You are extremely unlikely to get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I realise it's a lesson learned but OP please don't leave unattended bags anywhere, ever. Stolen is the least of the issues tbh, especially that close to government buildings.

Maybe check with the coach companies, maybe it got loaded on to a bus my mistake.

Advertisement