Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Vega

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

game4it70 wrote: »
    Taken from the off topic thread :mad:

I had the same crap with a laptop that was DOA on arrival. I refused to let it go and eventually OCUK agreed to refund postage.

I understand if you had to pay return postage after a few months but to get something DOA and be expected to pay for it to be sent back is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I had the same crap with a laptop that was DOA on arrival. I refused to let it go and eventually OCUK agreed to refund postage.

I understand if you had to pay return postage after a few months but to get something DOA and be expected to pay for it to be sent back is ridiculous.

Fully agree.I don't see why I should have to pay for a product not fit for purpose.

I just left in parcel motel so I will get onto support and see if they will even give me store credit for it.I need to buy a backplate for the block as the stock one looks crap imo so I'll try and get a few quid off that.

Consumer law should be tightened on this point, if you want to do internet based delivery sales you need to cover in warranty returns.
    If I walk into a store which sold me something and they take the item to be sent back, they do not charge me the cost of sending that back.

Fully agree.I don't see why I should have to pay for a product not fit for purpose.

I just left in parcel motel so I will get onto support and see if they will even give me store credit for it.I need to buy a backplate for the block as the stock one looks crap imo so I'll try and get a few quid off that.

Was it a direct delivery to you or a parcel motel delivery?

Was it a direct delivery to you or a parcel motel delivery?

Neither,I used DPD parcel wizard for delivery.
    I was on to their live chat to see if i could send it back the the N.Ireland depot and then use a free label from there.They said they couldn't do despite having a returns section on their website.I think they only do Rep returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

My faulty GPU was sent back to Amazon UK today with a pre-paid return label. Easy peasy. I would probably not buy from OCUK if they wont pay for the return of your faulty GPU. Years ago I ordered a monitor from them and they sent it to my CC registered address and not the delivery address I requested. Wasn't impressed, so never went back. I might have, but after hearing this I won't.

ReZonator wrote: »
    My faulty GPU was sent back to Amazon UK today with a pre-paid return label. Easy peasy. I would probably not buy from OCUK if they wont pay for the return of your faulty GPU. Years ago I ordered a monitor from them and they sent it to my CC registered address and not the delivery address I requested. Wasn't impressed, so never went back. I might have, but after hearing this I won't.

Amazon returns can't be faulted as so easy with no hassle to use.

Ocuk had woeful customer support years ago but it has vastly improved since caseking bought them out.Point still stands though the customer should not be penalized for them sending a faulty product.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,237 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Neither,I used DPD parcel wizard for delivery.
    I was on to their live chat to see if i could send it back the the N.Ireland depot and then use a free label from there.They said they couldn't do despite having a returns section on their website.I think they only do Rep returns.

To be honest I don't think you can complain too much about not being refunded although I would push it a bit more and see if they would be willing to make an exception. OCUK carried out their end of the deal by delivering it to your specified address which was DPD in Newtownabbey. It being a forwarding company and you now needing to return it from the Republic isn't really their problem.

Oat23 wrote: »
    To be honest I don't think you can complain too much about not being refunded although I would push it a bit more and see if they would be willing to make an exception. OCUK carried out their end of the deal by delivering it to your specified address which was DPD in Newtownabbey. It being a forwarding company and you now needing to return it from the Republic isn't really their problem.

I was willing to pay to get it back up to Newtownabbey to avail of a label from Ocuk but wasn't possible according to live chat.
    There was no damage to packaging at all so no blame with DPD.Just bad QC on EK's part.

I'm much happier only paying 14.50e instead of approx 35e with an post so not that bothered.Would be nice to get a gesture of a few quid off my next order but again not fussed to much.

Well parcel motel is slow but cheap so cant complain.Turnaround was fast with Ocuk as they got it yesterday and I've just received the replacement now.

Its f***ing warped too,omfg! :mad:

Here we go again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well parcel motel is slow but cheap so cant complain.Turnaround was fast with Ocuk as they got it yesterday and I've just received the replacement now.

Its f***ing warped too,omfg! :mad:

Here we go again :(

Are you sure it won't bend into place when connected up?

Are you sure it won't bend into place when connected up?

I seriously doubt it would as its so far off imo.Here is a crappy pic to try and show the warp.

dZhkKOp.jpg?2

Another RMA set up.
    I was given a mail to send receipts to to get a refund.Hopefully they don't change their mind again.I used UPS (32e) this time as PM took a week to get there.

I also posted on their forums as things seem to get sorted better if the forum members see the process.Could be totally wrong but from reading them it couldn't hurt to post it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Had my vega 64 for about a month now. It's grand and hasn't missed a beat.
    Fan blower is loud at times but not massively so. Never had it ramp up much in gaming.
    Now if I'm gaming and I open chrome it jumps to 100% usage and heats up like mad. Not sure if it's the game or chrome causing it.

Any thoughts anyone?

I was going to get a Vega 64 LC when I'm over in America but I decided against it in the end. For one the price. If it was priced at the original price AMD had on the slides when it was released I would have got it. And second I am pretty happy with my R9 Fury X @ 1440P. I also decided to get a Xbox One X so that decision swayed me as well. I don't know what I will do with my standard Xbox One that was barely used.

If my fury hadn't died I would have kept it. The vega is nice but the price has shot up since I bought it. Wouldn't pay the current retail price

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Had my vega 64 for about a month now. It's grand and hasn't missed a beat.
    Fan blower is loud at times but not massively so. Never had it ramp up much in gaming.
    Now if I'm gaming and I open chrome it jumps to 100% usage and heats up like mad. Not sure if it's the game or chrome causing it.

Any thoughts anyone?

Maybe try borderless window vs full. Also did you undervolt it at all? Will help out hugely with temps on air
    Redfox25 wrote: »
    If my fury hadn't died I would have kept it. The vega is nice but the price has shot up since I bought it. Wouldn't pay the current retail price

Same. I'm perfectly pleased with it though, a good 300 less than a ti

CS Hasuki wrote: »
    Maybe try borderless window vs full. Also did you undervolt it at all? Will help out hugely with temps on air

Same. I'm perfectly pleased with it though, a good 300 less than a ti

The usual temps on air are grand, mid 60's most of the time.
    Its only when I tab out that it gets hot and heavy. Will try that, its probably something simple like the fps limiter not kicking in when its tabbed out of or something.

Just don't tab out. Just play the game and stop when you want to use the internet. And if for some reason I am gaming and I need to use the internet I would just use my phone.

Advertisement