Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horror on the ringroad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

JoeyDoh wrote: »
    Saw this on the Kilkenny people today

http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/video/home/256816/video-horror-as-horse-dies-in-kilkenny-sulky-incident.html

This is an absolute disgrace and of course nothing will come of this blatant animal cruelty.

These cheeky mares. That poor horse is clearly dead, probably decided to off itself after the abuse it was taking. Clearly this was organised as the hordes ran to your man afterwards as they were all watching.

What happened to the horse one wonders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

won't someone tink of the children

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Comerman

Scandalous BUT will anything change? I won't hold my breath.

andrew mcguinness is calling for heads but apparently the boys up in dublin just said no. 'course once its not on your doorstep and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

These cheeky mares. That poor horse is clearly dead, probably decided to off itself after the abuse it was taking. Clearly this was organised as the hordes ran to your man afterwards as they were all watching.

The horse was put down and a knackery would have taken it.

It is a disgrace, the poor horse, and it was very dangerous for motorists.
    Sulky racers need their horses and their racing vehicles confiscated and not returned, plus heavy fines.
    It will be too late when someone dies from their reckless behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It's their culture to abuse animals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Some basic education is needed. First of all, don't lift someone who has taken a fall landing on his/her back. Call a bloody ambulance so the person can be immobilised before moving them rather than compounding damage that may have been done by picking them up and carrying them at a run home. Way to go to paralyse the child.

Also anyone who owns a horse knows that you should look after their comfort before your own - in this instance some of them could have concentrated on helping the pony rather than hanging uselessly on the fringes of the crowd intent on further damaging the child. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

JoeyDoh wrote: »
    Saw this on the Kilkenny people today

http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/video/home/256816/video-horror-as-horse-dies-in-kilkenny-sulky-incident.html

This is an absolute disgrace and of course nothing will come of this blatant animal cruelty.

the horse went to the knackers yard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭DjembaDjemba

It ended up on the kitchen table with some spuds for Paddy and Mary before they went out for they're daily scrap in the yard.

It ended up on the kitchen table with some spuds for Paddy and Mary before they went out for they're daily scrap in the yard.

we're all about saving the environment here.

let nothing to waste.

from farm to fork

• Advertisement

miece16 wrote: »
    we're all about saving the environment here.

let nothing to waste.

from farm to fork

From the knackers yard to the <snip> plate.

Leeches to society.

Who? The horses?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

The pony was dragged away to a field nearby with a broken leg and left to die. The Gardai had to call a vet to put the pony to sleep. These people shouldn't be allowed have a pet worm......

The pony was dragged away to a field nearby with a broken leg and left to die. The Gardai had to call a vet to put the pony to sleep. These people shouldn't be allowed have a pet worm......

Matt Cooper talking about the incident now on today fm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

I doubt he was going to stop at the roundabout so that could have caused a worse accident. Isn't there police camera's across the road? Hopefully the Gardai can use that footage rather than McDonalds & summons the adults.
    Was passing there earlier in the week & a young boy around 10 years old walking right across the road with 4 dogs, didn't even wait for cars to stop, just walked straight out after the dogs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Help!!!! wrote: »
    I doubt he was going to stop at the roundabout so that could have caused a worse accident. Isn't there police camera's across the road? Hopefully, the Gardai can use that footage rather than McDonald's & summons the adults.
    Was passing there earlier in the week & a young boy around 10 years old walking right across the road with 4 dogs, didn't even wait for cars to stop, just walked straight out after the dogs.

Personally, I don't think the Gardaí will do much. We have a system in this country where you or I respect the law and would be afraid of breaking the law due to the stress it would cause and the damage to our good names. Unfortunately, there are people out there who don't care, the law keeps us in check but those who don't care can get away with anything.

I'm fed up of the animal welfare situation for two reasons, the cruelty to the animals is the lesser of the two, the second being that I behave myself and I pay my taxes. I'm being squeezed, I earn a low income because I've taken time out to look after my mum but people are being rewarded for breaking the law. I know this is whataboutery but it's an issue that really pisses me off. Shane Ross ignored the issue, the day after a horse was driven to death and a young man nearly killed. I don't own an animal because I couldn't be arsed looking after one. Today we had another incident involving a horse collapsing. They now want to build a hippodrome for people who have a history of abusing animals, this is an absurdity.

I think some people will moan about anything on here but this time, it's spot on. I really think it's time we went to where these animals are being kept with our pitchforks and torches.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

The amount of times you see kids riding them down the road & across to the fields at the other side of the roundabout. Surely its illegal in itself. Luckily some of the local councilor's want to do something about it.
    I see the guards are appealing for information, firstly anyone with any sense already know where to look and secondly no one will tell on the people because nothing will be done & it will come back to haunt anyone who who gives information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JimTreacy

This is going on to long on the ring road I rang the guards one evening last summer this was about seven pm there was three of them racing from the roundabout on the comer road back up towards the golf club cars had to pull over on the hard shoulder trying to avoid them. I took the number rang the station the first thing I was asked was I driving while I was on the phone gave the number of the car they knew who it was they would follow up. They have Mansfields destroyed it was they have the house pulled apart, I don't know how the man that takes that land puts up with them.

News talk are now discussing the incident in kilkenny. Looks like it's become national news. No surprise really. Problem is politicians are scared of their ****e to address the problem. An nct for sulky?? And how exactly will they enforce that in a group who don't follow the rules, do they not understand these people don't partake in society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JimTreacy

miece16 wrote: »
    andrew mcguinness is calling for heads but apparently the boys up in dublin just said no. 'course once its not on your doorstep and all that
    Is Andrew like his father all talk no action there is going to be a serious accident waiting to happen out there .

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Personally, I don't think the Gardaí will do much.

Good to see the Gardai arrested one of these lads at a sulky race near Cashel last week. Will be interesting to see what comes of it, though I don't think anything the courts can hand down will faze them at all.

Have had a run in with one of these sulky races on the old N8 south of Cahir - they really don't give a toss. Two Garda cars chasing a dozen cars, vans and poor horses up and down the road and they think it's a great laugh hanging out the window of their Hiace filming it all to stick on YouTube.

Kilkenny mayor spoke very well on it, animal cruelty should be unacceptable never mind what culture you are from.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

sulky racing is a fairly regular occurrence happening at least once a month on a sunday morning down the ballycallan road. they come across the lanes from the wetlands halting site and race down the road towards the circular road. the noise of racing horses, toyota avensis' beeping and seeing lads hanging out the passenger window on a fairly busy road is quite shocking seeing as its a sunday morning and many people often walk / cycle that road

The number of horses needing to be euthanised around the country is just shocking
    2125 seized - 1741 euthanised

Carlow 76 seized - 76 euthanised
    Kilkenny 52 seized - 46 euthanised

There needs to be more power given to the Ispca that they can go around inspecting animals & fines or prison time for animal abuse

http://kclr96fm.com/majority-horses-seized-carlow-kilkenny-euthanised/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭EmoCourt

Time to put Cattle Grids on the ring road!

And so the horror on the circular road continues....

http://kclr96fm.com/two-arrested-kilkenny-stolen-property-recovered/

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭JoeyDoh

There seems to be heightened criminal activity at that area of the ring road alright.

Looks like the Neigh(knack)bours have been turfed out. Word on the street is they weren't paying rent to the council. No doubts rent and houses prices in the areas have gone up exponentially.

Looks like the Neigh(knack)bours have been turfed out. Word on the street is they weren't paying rent to the council. No doubts rent and houses prices in the areas have gone up exponentially.
    They were eventually moved following two years of neighbours and surrounding residents putting daily pressure on the council.

• Advertisement

Moved from where?

Advertisement