Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Options
1104105106107108110»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭dublin12367

Could be another two years. Current status is daa have to return documents and information requests to Fingal and Noise competent authority. They have six months to do this from the 16th Feb 2024. It will then have the be reviewed. If Fingal approve, it’s extremely likely this decision will be appealed by the NIMBYs and have to go through the process for An Bord Planeala adding further delays. Rumours Juneyao wanted to come in this year also but went to Brussels / Man instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 1sttimecaller

Is there any chance of Cathay Pacific returning to Dublin? On a similar note, iirc there were talks held between singapore airlines and DAA a number of years ago, is there any possibility of them coming? Appreciate the ME3 own the majority of East traffic from Dublin.

I note Singapore use fifth freedom flights from Manchester to Houston and always thought that Dublin would be an attractive option for this with US preclearance in Dublin or is the market too small for these to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭dublin12367

Cathay won’t be back until the cap is lifted, and besides, Cathay have their own issues at the moment so not necessarily the cap holding them back.

Cap makes it increasingly difficult for anything to be added in the short term. I saw on a group this afternoon that American Airlines are restarting Charlotte in February next year. It was March this year. 2025 will have a month extra of the service.

I’m not sure on Singapore, but I have a vague memory of restrictions on 28L10R being a factor in MAN getting the Singapore-MAN- Houston, rather than DUB, at the time, open to correction on that. If I have recalled that correctly, it would be a true example of what’s ahead, e.g. routes lost to the cap, may not come back when it’s lifted as they’ve already established a good thing elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

TUI to resume Laranca, add Enfidha and limited Orlando (Melbourne) schedule in 2025.

https://www.thesun.ie/travel/12803119/dublin-airport-boost-new-flights-holiday-destinations/

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

The A359 can get off a wet 28L/10R at MTOW so that isn’t a factor for SIA.

The cap is likely to be damaging to the national economy for quite some time by the looks of it unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

BA seem to have added DUB-LGW flights operated by Emerald. Starting in the next few weeks. An interesting move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Yes, discussed here last week, but for some reason posters put it in threads other than the Dublin Routes one. 🤔

Post edited by EchoIndia on

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Ah OK thanks, I missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭moonshy2022

Rumour on the ramp, I know I know, is that BA Euroflyer will take over the Gatwick later this year when they have spare aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Orlando Melbourne? I have never seen it called that. That is 100km from Orlando and even though it says an hour, its closer to 2 hours depending on the time of day on the 528 and its a toll road as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭moonshy2022

Yes TUI call it this. The argument about its name was done to death on social media when they first announced its use a few years ago. They use it specifically to connect in to their cruises out of Port Canaveral. I think they get a better deal from the airport to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭martco

can anyone tell me roughly when do Aer Lingus release their forthcoming schedules? (Spring/Summer 2025)

we've gotten into going to Sicily once a year in April, I was too late to try their new service on the Catania route this year (had already booked Lufthansa, excellent best service experienced in a long time admittedly love them but just the time/effort factor in changing planes in likes of Frankfurt esp when delays happen ugh)

want to give EI a go next year

Advertisement