Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Did anything ever happen with the rumoured Ryanair feeder deal that was being talked about a year or two back? Not being able to compete with FR on marginal routes is surely a large part of why their European network isn't growing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

BA DUB LHR DUB and HAM LHR HAM flights are now appearing on some EI crew rosters
    So it’s happening soon
    EI metal and crew will be flying from DUB into T5 Heathrow
    The HAM flights usually operate from or near the same T5 gates as the DUB flights so convenient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

How will operating a two class service work on these flights?

LXFlyer wrote: »

The same way as it did for Qatar when they operated it last year during the strike I presume
    The centre seat will be blocked and a moveable curtain erected
    (Qatar did have 2:2 seating up front already)
    I didn’t get the start date but it's meant to be for the summer schedule which afair is in March

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

All the 321's and the C reg'ed A320 have the curtain rails installed already.

BA business class is just empty middle seat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Will they be catering the meal service too

January wrote: »

BA has done buy on board since last year so not a massive shift

Be interesting to see if its BA or EI catering...

BA did operate for EI and did the Bia menu in 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

That’s really what I was getting at - whose catering and in flight service will be provided?

BA Club Class still offers a meal - it’s more than just a free middle seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

EI aircraft, cockpit crew cabin crew and catering starts Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Not a fan of this. I've used BA LHR-DUB so I don't have to deal with the EI service after a long haul. Time to use KLM I think.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,948 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Does this mean there'll be suddenly 20 DUB-LHR flights daily on the Aer Lingus website?

That’s really what I was getting at - whose catering and in flight service will be provided?

BA Club Class still offers a meal - it’s more than just a free middle seat.
    Hot towels too and a free bar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Noxegon wrote: »
    Not a fan of this. I've used BA LHR-DUB so I don't have to deal with the EI service after a long haul. Time to use KLM I think.

I've found very little difference in service between BA and EI on DUB LHR route. It's a short flight. Only difference if i was in BA club and you got a fancy cup of tea and small meal. I usually took BA to DUB after coming off a long haul BA flight so i didn't have to change terminal to Aer Lingus (T1 back in the day, now T2). Other than the terminal hop, it wouldn't have bothered me if it was BA or EI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

I doubt economy passengers will notice much of a difference, British Airways is pretty much no frills down the back of the bus with buy on board, hand baggage only fares and fees for seat selection. I'm guessing Club Europe won't be sold unless BA catering is provided. The cabins are similar as well.

Club Europe is currently available for sale on BA.com to Lhr
    It’s also on any long haul trial booking I looked at

If it’s catered from T5 then club Europe won’t be a problem and I expect it won’t be a problem
    See attached

Its the

BA0824/26/27/31 DUB-LHR
    BA0962/969 LHR-HAM

Business class is "Cabin not available"

Its only running through to end of March apparently.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

January wrote: »
    I would expect that BA will provide the catering, just on an EI aircraft. Best way to try keep product similar. Especially if it’s being planned in advance like this.

Edit; the post above saying no J class makes me think BA May be happy with EI providing all Economy BOB product?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

Haven't seen this posted here yet - planned flights were announced earlier in the week from Dublin (and also Belfast) to CAX - Carlisle Lake District airport.

No exact dates but the airport reopens in June. No airline confirmed either but seeing as Stobart own the airport....

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/jan/23/carlisle-lake-district-airport-passenger-flights-june-southend-belfast-dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Its the

BA0824/26/27/31 DUB-LHR
    BA0962/969 LHR-HAM

Business class is "Cabin not available"

Its only running through to end of March apparently.

Curious as to the reasons behind this temporary arrangement...

How come BA need EI to run these flights until the end of March?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Waiting on delivery of new A320neo's and also needing their own metal to cover the new slots at LGW they got from Monarch (ed.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    KevR wrote:
    How come BA need EI to run these flights until the end of March?

KevR wrote:
    Curious as to the reasons behind this temporary arrangement...

Waiting on delivery of new A320neo's and also needing their own metal to cover the new slots at LGW they got from Air Berlin
    LGW slots came from monarch

Did anything ever happen with the Chinese route that was supposed to be announced last year? Heard Hainan applied for a Shenzhen route but nothing since.

There's been a couple of Hainan planes parked up for the past while around by Dublin Aerospace, not sure if there's any connection

Yeah I was just going by the tail, seems they've both got identical livery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am meant to be flying business class with BA from Dublin to Heathrow in mid Feb.

Got a call during the week from the travel agent to say that, due to an equipment change, my ticket has been downgraded to economy.

Possibly a coincidence but could also answer your question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I've found very little difference in service between BA and EI on DUB LHR route. It's a short flight. Only difference if i was in BA club and you got a fancy cup of tea and small meal. I usually took BA to DUB after coming off a long haul BA flight so i didn't have to change terminal to Aer Lingus (T1 back in the day, now T2). Other than the terminal hop, it wouldn't have bothered me if it was BA or EI.

Hmm the only real difference is lighting in my experience. BA seem to use softer lighting and it makes a heck of a difference on early morning and late evening flights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

Did anything ever happen with the Chinese route that was supposed to be announced last year? Heard Hainan applied for a Shenzhen route but nothing since.

There's been a couple of Hainan planes parked up for the past while around by Dublin Aerospace, not sure if there's any connection

Nothing yet. And nothing more about the rumour of them flying to Beijing either.

I really hope they don't go ahead with Shenzhen and go somewhere else in China, like Beijing or Shanghai.
    Or even somewhere central like Chongqing or Zhengzhou.

Shenzhen is literally across the border from Hong Kong, and Cathay Pacific start HK flights in June.
    Pointless having no Far East routes and then suddenly having two routes going to airports that are 40km apart!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭HTCOne

They are indeed Hong Kong.

Same owner (HNA group) hence the livery. They’re in financial trouble atm.

Popeleo wrote: »
    Nothing yet. And nothing more about the rumour of them flying to Beijing either.

I really hope they don't go ahead with Shenzhen and go somewhere else in China, like Beijing or Shanghai.
    Or even somewhere central like Chongqing or Zhengzhou.

Shenzhen is literally across the border from Hong Kong, and Cathay Pacific start HK flights in June.
    Pointless having no Far East routes and then suddenly having two routes going to airports that are 40km apart!

Shenzhen/Guangzhou is a huge manufacturing export hub so I'd guess that's the market they're targeting. It does seem odd though and I'd be skeptical that both routes could survive.

Beijing are building a massive new airport at the minute opening next year, think I read that HNA are relocating to it so perhaps they're waiting for that before adding a route? Who knows.. the rumours of an imminent announcement have been rumbling on for years at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Hmm the only real difference is lighting in my experience. BA seem to use softer lighting and it makes a heck of a difference on early morning and late evening flights.

BA make far less use of the PA system in flight – which always makes a difference, but particularly on early morning/late evening trips.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement

More Ethiopian transit flights starting in June 3x per week to Chicago 787-8. Previously mentioned 2 years ago that they were also going to start Houston but were looking for 5th freedom on it like LAX, no other competition on this route so I can see this happening at some stage unless EI announce it.

Advertisement