Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,426 ✭✭✭✭L1011

zetalambda wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, I've opened a can of worms now! Aer Lingus might have been bought by IAG but it's probably the same clowns running it. Change of owner, that's all.

Drop the "nickname" if you want to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭trellheim

All the same EI and especially FR could still easily run easyJet out of town
    isnt that against the rules, to band together to force out competition ?

I posted earlier for example - if you look at the money to get to Manchester or Liverpool why someone else doesn't enter it is beyond me ; I presume the footie matches are what drives it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Locker10a wrote: »
    Yeah I think they are gradually moving away from Hahn. They’re moving aircraft and routes over to Frankfurt and eventually will close the base they have there

DUB will probally lose HHN but I don't think FR will ever fully close ops there.

Apparently Monday FR launch winter so FRA should be confined then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭VG31

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    DUB will probally lose HHN but I don't think FR will ever fully close ops there.

Apparently Monday FR launch winter so FRA should be confined then.

Prestwick Airport is still a Ryanair base despite FR cutting their operations there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

trellheim wrote: »
    All the same EI and especially FR could still easily run easyJet out of town
    isnt that against the rules, to band together to force out competition ?

I posted earlier for example - if you look at the money to get to Manchester or Liverpool why someone else doesn't enter it is beyond me ; I presume the footie matches are what drives it up
    They wouldn’t have to band together, just drop their fares, even if it means they make a loss for a while. Until the competition be it wizz air or easyJet cave in, we’ve seen this time and time again, especially from Ryanair in the Irish market.

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »
    Prestwick Airport is still a Ryanair base despite FR cutting their operations there.

Yeah, suspect a similar set up where bucket and spade will be the main focus of Hahn. Only reason FRA didn't happen sooner is because they were not happy with the daa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭trellheim

Only reason FRA didn't happen sooner is because they were not happy with the daa.
    that is not a small club , those who are not happy with the DAA :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

trellheim wrote: »
    Only reason FRA didn't happen sooner is because they were not happy with the daa.
    that is not a small club , those who are not happy with the DAA :)
    I’ve yet to come across an airline who claim to be “happy” with the airport operator of the stations they use!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Santander, Paphos also seem to be going year round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Yeah, suspect a similar set up where bucket and spade will be the main focus of Hahn. Only reason FRA didn't happen sooner is because they were not happy with the daa.
    quite possibly.

The likes of Hahn or Memmingen or other random former air force bases in the middle of nowhere are brilliant for families looking for a stress free airport and cheap parking ahead of a week or 2 of a spin to the sun, and Ryanair would be aware of this.

• Advertisement

– 7 new routes: Athens (2 wkly), Bari (2 wkly), Frankfurt (2 daily), Luxembourg (3 wkly), Marrakesh (2 wkly), Paphos (1 wkly) & Santander (2 wkly)

– More flights on 11 other routes: Barcelona (3 daily), Birmingham (6 daily), Budapest (2 daily), Cologne (2 daily), Faro (2 daily), Krakow (2 daily), Lanzarote (8 wkly), Madrid (3 daily), Malaga (9 wkly), Manchester (6 daily) & Venice (3 wkly)

FRA is 12 weekly rather than 2 daily.

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-launches-biggest-ever-irish-winter-2018-schedule/?market=ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

What do you guys reckon growth rates will be this year? I reckon 7% ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Noxegon

They’re claiming Dublin to Marrakech is a new route, which is blatantly untrue. I used it this time last year.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Noxegon wrote: »
    They’re claiming Dublin to Marrakech is a new route, which is blatantly untrue. I used it this time last year.

Ryanair always spin their PR. Marrakech didn't operate this winter so it's a "new winter route". Same goes for Paphos, Bari and Santander which are summer routes going year round.

Good news anyway. Growth is always welcomed especially in the winter months.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭notuslimited

I fly DUB-FRA every week and the flight times are perfect. Because I’m in and out all the time I book well in advance and I’m currently booked to 1 October. On average I pay EI about €80 return during the winter schedule and €142 during the summer schedule. The prices FR put onto their system are more expensive than this for the winter so I’ll wait to see how the fares pan out during a sale. As a Concierge with EI I get all the benefits with even the saver fares and to get seat assignments and priority boarding with FR will mean I will need to pay the Plus fare (making it more uncompetitive). On that basis it might mean that I will stick with EI as cash is king and I will choose the cheapest option. The good news is that FR joining the route will keep EI on their toes re pricing.

Loganair will operate a new 6 weekly service to Carsile starting 4 June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Do people think there is any chance of Air India to Delhi anytime soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Not in my opinion. I assume it will be mooted a long time before it starts.

Suggestion PEK non stop will be announced on Thursday starting in June. The same poster was correct about AC at DUB/SNN.

https://www.pprune.org/10081458-post123.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭Rawr

There were murmurings a while back of Air India using Dublin it's transatlantic hub (and thus I'm guessing opening up of passenger routes from DUB to various cities in India), but haven't heard anything since.

So, maybe a possibility in the future if Air India really do choose DUB as a hub, but probably not in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Suggestion PEK non stop will be announced on Thursday starting in June. The same poster was correct about AC at DUB/SNN.

That would be quite the feather in cap for the DAA. Hong Kong and Bejing launched the same season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

Maybe Indigo a few years down the line if they do order those 50 A330s anytime soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Appreciate if you'd give some indication of what that is rather than link-dumping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    Appreciate if you'd give some indication of what that is rather than link-dumping

or perhaps you could click the link and read for yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,426 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Shn99 wrote: »
    or perhaps you could click the link and read for yourself?

Its general forum ettiquette to sum up why the link is relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

"A long-awaited air route to China has been secured by Edinburgh Airport, The Scotsman understands.

Hainan Airlines will fly between the capital and the Chinese capital of Beijing, it is to be announced tomorrow.

The flights will continue to and from Dublin.

However, an industry observer feared Edinburgh could lose out to Dublin if the Irish capital generated more passengers and the Scottish leg was ditched by Hainan.

Ireland does not charge air passenger duty - which will add £83 per passenger to the cost of a ticket from Edinburgh - and the Scottish Government's plans to halve the tax have been shelved."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

https://www.pprune.org/10081458-post123.html

Four flights per week by Hainan Airlines from June - 2 direct and 2 via Edinburgh per Dublin Airport Twitter below.

https://twitter.com/dublinairport/status/974189616885530624?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Great news! Will it be operated by an A330-200 I wonder? 36 Business and 186 Economy seats in that case.

• Advertisement

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Great news! Will it be operated by an A330-200 I wonder? 36 Business and 186 Economy seats in that case.

Meanwhile FR havw announced a weekly Dalaman service from June.

Advertisement