Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

LaudaMotion operating Dublin - Vienna 7pw from end of Oct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Good news, seen it mentioned here more than once that EI could do with some competition on DUB-VIE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Emirates has put off plans for a third Dublin-Dubai flight due to some 'pain points' - Fora (via TheJournal.ie) - https://fora.ie/emirates-dublin-dubai-4029445-May2018/

I wonder are the pain points mentioned in this article putting off other new or existing airlines from expansion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Noxegon

ongarboy wrote: »
    Emirates has put off plans for a third Dublin-Dubai flight due to some 'pain points' - Fora (via TheJournal.ie) - https://fora.ie/emirates-dublin-dubai-4029445-May2018/

There may be another pain point that the article doesn’t mention:

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-04-11/emirates-profit-rebound-threatened-by-summer-pilot-shortage

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Anyone know why their was an Lufthansa A340-200 or 300 in yesterday.
    I checked the arrivals scheduled and all i could see at that time was a Aer Lingus flight from Munich.
    Was it maintenance or was it code share flying under EI code, perhaps for extra capacity for the Liverpool game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I checked the arrivals scheduled and all i could see at that time was a Aer Lingus flight from Munich.
    Was it maintenance or was it code share flying under EI code, perhaps for extra capacity for the Liverpool game.

It was a diversion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

LH543 operating BOG-FRA. Reported a fuel issue and diverted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Is the first Cathy Pacific Hong Kong flight due in this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Thanks lads.
    It came in really fast and left the runway after landing at least two taxiways further along than the other planes landing yesterday.
    I know its a much bigger plane bu that's something stood out.

The noise of the engines upon landing was fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Aer Lingus will resume DUB-EDI from 28 October operating the 06.40 departure ex DUB on (Su,M,Th,F)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭trellheim

you mean, not Stobart, as in Mainline going back on the route ? I wonder whats driving that is it the spare morning turn for a 320 in the schedule or stobart want something better. FR must be raking it in on the route so , pity they didn't add an extra run

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

trellheim wrote: »
    you mean, not Stobart, as in Mainline going back on the route ? I wonder whats driving that is it the spare morning turn for a 320 in the schedule or stobart want something better. FR must be raking it in on the route so , pity they didn't add an extra run

I’d say it’s more to do with EI needing the extra capacity to meet the demand for TA connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

USA conned in particular BDL lot premium Y and J fares seeking a more seedless product, baggage, overbins etc plus early tatl cargo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,888 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It’s pretty obvious that he is referring to EI mainline.

Clearly the route demands more capacity on that first rotation, probably being a combination of transatlantic connections and weekend trips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

LXFlyer wrote: »
    It’s pretty obvious that he is referring to EI mainline.

Not really, if you don't know much about their operations would be very easy to get confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

A319er wrote: »
    USA conned in particular BDL lot premium Y and J fares seeking a more seedless product, baggage, overbins etc plus early tatl cargo

Could you put this in English?

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Could you put this in English?

High level of economy and business class passengers, better on board product, no baggage issues (big problem) and potential cargo business which ended when EI exited their A320 ops some years ago.

In summer they have started sending two ATR72's to EDI each morning I would expect at a minimum it will be daily next summer and likely 1 ATR72.

In winter they have 6-8 aircraft not flying but in this case just a re-schedule of existing fleet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Yikes! 5 hour delay for both the SWF and PVD flights today. Can't be 2 aircraft tech. Crewing issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

Are there plans to re-open the Dublin to Comiso route?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A great bunch of people.

DfgQBbPXkAIOdJC.jpg:large

Ryanair to launch SEN from 2 April 19 operating 2 daily.

Must be wailing in Flybe . I got DUB-SEN last week and its an hour or so into Liverpool st straight outside the door , stops in Stratford along the way so you can get Central, Jubilee and DLR , and it'll be onto Crossrail soon enough too when Abbey Wood opens.

That will mean FR LON-DUB in all the London airports bar LHR . I wonder if slots came up in LHR would MOL take them - can't see it meself

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Interesting move / relationships at play, since aer lingus dropped their Dublin service to Southend airport (owned by stobart) which was at the time operated by stobarts aer arann, the airport got into bed with Flybe to operate the route (stobart operate their jets for this route for Flybe). So a clear signal that despite the airport relying heavily on stobarts airline division to get it off the ground for many years that they are happy to now operate as a separate commercial entity at the expense of the airline. I can see Flybe getting into trouble and eventually dropping the route.

Much prefer Southend to Ryanair’s other bases, decent and frequent rail service into Liverpool Street

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Must be wailing in Flybe . I got DUB-SEN last week and its an hour or so into Liverpool st straight outside the door , stops in Stratford along the way so you can get Central, Jubilee and DLR , and it'll be onto Crossrail soon enough too when Abbey Wood opens.

That will mean FR LON-DUB in all the London airports bar LHR . I wonder if slots came up in LHR would MOL take them - can't see it meself
    Ryanait don’t fly to London City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,432 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved chat to chat thread

Ryanait don’t fly to London City
    dammit! of course, you're right. I wonder if you did a cut and shut on a couple of 738s a boeing A318 type thing

Luton, Stansted, Southend, Gatwick but not LHR or LCY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,432 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I wonder if you did a cut and shut on a couple of 738s a boeing A318 type thing

736. Existed, almost as much of a flop as the A318. Probably harder to get the steep approach mods done on a non fly-by-wire aircraft of that size also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

marno21 wrote:
    What I'm surprised at is that BA/EI don't promote connecting from LCY-DUB-xxx (xxx transatlantic airport of your choice) using British Airway's Cityflyer flights out of London City. It seems to be possible to do this (to SFO/LAX/BDL/EWR at least) but the prices are uncompetitive compared to LH/LX etc.

If you're in London City it's pretty easy get to Heathrow where you can fly non-stop to everywhere that you can from Dublin except BDL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

https://m.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/ryanair-launches-new-flights-from-dublin-to-london-southend-37005567.html

Well I'm disappointed in this one. I liked Southend. In and out in 10-15 minutes. No hassles. Small airport. Train a 2 minute walk away. Now Ryanair will come in, probably push FlyBe off the route and then jack up the charges.

Suppose they need somewhere to put all those aircraft!!

Advertisement