Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Highly unlikely I'd say, it's Ryanair territory. 

Aer Lingus have Lodnon covered with their operations at Heathrow and Gatwick. The British Airways codeshare further enhances it and adds London City to the network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

marno21 wrote: »
    This has been out a while now.

Retaining the 2x non stop while dropping one via EDI is still a good outcome imo. This flight was launched with only 2/3 months notice so it'll take a while to build up steam

Looks like 2x non stop DUB->PEK but only 1 non stop into DUB

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭sandbelter

Aer Lingus is announce two new two new North American Destinations for commencement in July 2019.  It is anticipated the announcement will be made in two to three weeks:  

Source: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/aer-lingus-to-announce-new-transatlantic-routes-in-weeks-1.3585382 ;

Luxair to switch to from Q400's to B737-700 for the winter.

Source: http://delano.lu/d/detail/news/luxair-acquires-2-boeing-737-changes-flight-plans/187934

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

that seems to be a case of trying to maximise use of Q400 elsewhere rather than an upgrade for Dublin because Dublin deserves it but extra seats are extra opportunities to sell seats to and from Ireland so won't complain. Let them sell the seats off at cost to get the planes full. If an aircraft goes off-lease things might change for the next summer season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

If I was EI I would replace 3 weeks with 3 months, I can't see them been that organised given there record for T/A announcements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Idbatterim wrote: »

Vegas would be very good.

Second one I'd agree with Texas. Denver be decent too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I hope to christ its Vegas and somewhere in Texas. Not two boring eastern seaboard routes!
    I would assume that an Eastern route is on the cards. I would think that Aer Lingus will want to launch a new route with their new A321LRs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Tenger wrote: »
    I would assume that an Eastern route is on the cards. I would think that Aer Lingus will want to launch a new route with their new A321LRs.

I suspect you’re right. I rather suspect that one destination may be one of the three big Ohio cities - Cincinnati, Cleveland, or Columbus.

Personally I’d love to see a Texas route. Austin would be preferable but I’d use Dallas or Houston too.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

sandbelter wrote: »

Luxair to switch to from Q400's to B737-700 for the winter.

And with Ryanair flying over the winter months. My sister lived in Luxembourg for 22 years, she moved home just when Luxair started back flying to Dub. A big social media drive in Lux to save the route back then. Is there really that much demand to Lux. I remember flying on the Embraer-145 and they got it hard to fill them and that was in the height of the boom.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Noxegon wrote: »
    I suspect you’re right. I rather suspect that one destination may be one of the three big Ohio cities - Cincinnati, Cleveland, or Columbus.

Personally I’d love to see a Texas route. Austin would be preferable but I’d use Dallas or Houston too.
    Am I right in saying that Austin is growing as a tech center? Could make it attractive.
    Dallas and Houston would be big for onward connections as they are such big hubs.

The article says they have 3 city shortlisted, so I guess it’s just a question of which airport gives the best incentives.

Tenger wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that Austin is growing as a tech center? Could make it attractive.

Yes, it is.

Amazon is in Dallas - that could be a consideration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,433 ✭✭✭✭L1011

[QUOTEI say nothing fancy probably two east coast spots on A321neos. They announced loads of A321neos so I wouldn't be expect any new 330s so probably mostly gonna be east coast for a while.[/QUOTE]

They're delayed; they won't be announcing routes for them this early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Irish Times say reported routes are PIT, YUL and a ModWest route (DTW, IND, CLE) the main cities there.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Irish Times say reported routes are PIT, YUL and a ModWest route (DTW, IND, CLE) the main cities there.

Well that’s got 321LR written all over it. Am I right in saying airlines don’t sell tickets more than 11 months in advance or have I pulled that out of my backside? Doesn’t add up if the LRs have indeed been delayed til October

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

Would there be any potential in MEM or CVG. Both have massive cargo hubs FedEx (MEM) and DHL (CVG).

Not surprised to see PIT. Currently no T/A services operating there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I hope it's not Montreal or another city that's already serviced from Dublin. Irish Times source speculation says another Midwestern city along with Pittsburg and Montreal so I'd say one of the Ohio cities. A Texan route seems unlikely in the short term now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Whilst I would be very happy with a DUB-PIT route, what sort of judgement call goes into this sort of selection? Airport deals? Aircraft range?

The likes of DUB-PHL, DUB-CLT similarly seem unusual albeit big cities to go to..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,433 ✭✭✭✭L1011

All the potential east coast cities are in range. Airport deals and proven past traffic from connections are important factors

dfx- wrote: »
    likes of DUB-PHL, DUB-CLT similarly seem unusual albeit big cities to go to..

CLT is an American hub city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Amirani wrote: »

Vegas would be very good.

Second one I'd agree with Texas. Denver be decent too.

What's With this Vegas obsession in this group recently!

Need to read the article , recruitment is for 737 pilots, immediately ruling out Vegas as it's well beyond the range of the 737MAX8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

mayotom wrote: »
    What's With this Vegas obsession in this group recently!

Need to read the article , recruitment is for 737 pilots, immediately ruling out Vegas as it's well beyond the range of the 737MAX8
    It’s actually somewhere fantastic to experience and go. Conference and pleasure capital of the world. Not much to get excited about launching to generic us city number whatever ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

It’s actually somewhere fantastic to experience and go. Conference and pleasure capital of the world. Not much to get excited about launching to generic us city number whatever ...

Possibly, but your excitement at a route launch won’t be too high up the list of metrics when EI decide on the next route!

I think it’s only a handful of people suggesting they would like to see Vegas. I’m afraid wishful thinking doesn’t make a route successful.

Pittsburgh is a route that BA have only recently announced they are launching next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭john boye

I think it’s only a handful of people suggesting they would like to see Vegas. I’m afraid wishful thinking doesn’t make a route successful.

Pittsburgh is a route that BA have only recently announced they are launching next year.

Would that put EI off PIT or would it make it more feasible? Seems to be suggestions lately of AA announcing DFW-DUB soon too. That could put the kibosh on any possible EI plans for it in the short term and possibly IAH if that was being considered too.

john boye wrote: »
    Would that put EI off PIT or would it make it more feasible? Seems to be suggestions lately of AA announcing DFW-DUB soon too. That could put the kibosh on any possible EI plans for it in the short term and possibly IAH if that was being considered too.

I wouldn’t expect it would as only Air Canada, Wow Air and BA operate in there as international airlines. I can’t see it as a daily operation either however.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Skuzchad

Really ?? AA direct from Dublin to Dallas ?? I would hop on that straightaway 👠you have gas and oil plus amazon in Dallas so could be a good route to run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,400 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

AA’s Q2 results were during the week and in response to an analyst’s statement they said that they expected EI to join the joint business arrangement for transatlantic flights earlier in 2019 - the hold up has been approval by US DoT which has had to be convinced that a “low cost” carrier such as EI does not affect the competitive position. When this is in place there will be full co-ordination between AA and EI on fares, schedules etc. (As with AA, BA, AY and IB currently.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

AA to DFW rumour is just based off an unsubstantiated tweet so wouldn't pay much attention to it yet.

Report in the Sunday Independent that DUB are in advanced negotiations with another long haul airline to a major destination, possibly Air India to Delhi but again nothing concrete given

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ireland-Singapore link may be on the cards - but just not yet

https://www.independent.ie/business/small-business/irelandsingapore-link-may-be-on-the-cards-but-just-not-yet-37185526.html

Singapore mentioned in same article as Delhi.

Advertisement