Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

ongarboy wrote: »
    Ireland-Singapore link may be on the cards - but just not yet

https://www.independent.ie/business/small-business/irelandsingapore-link-may-be-on-the-cards-but-just-not-yet-37185526.html

Singapore mentioned in same article as Delhi.

Maybe Singapore Airlines will reroute their A380 from SIN-FRA-JFK to SIN-DUB-JFK ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Maybe Singapore Airlines will reroute their A380 from SIN-FRA-JFK to SIN-DUB-JFK ;)

I want the first ticket to the mound for the inaugural.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Noxegon

ongarboy wrote: »
    Ireland-Singapore link may be on the cards - but just not yet

https://www.independent.ie/business/small-business/irelandsingapore-link-may-be-on-the-cards-but-just-not-yet-37185526.html

Singapore mentioned in same article as Delhi.

I suspect that any service would be launched by their low fare arm Scoot.

This was the airline that told me I couldn’t bring a bottle of water on a flight with me because “outside food and drink is not allowed on board”.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Blut2

Noxegon wrote: »
    I suspect that any service would be launched by their low fare arm Scoot.

This was the airline that told me I couldn’t bring a bottle of water on a flight with me because “outside food and drink is not allowed on board”.

Scoot's only European route appears to be ATH>SIN currently, at a quite low 310ish euro and upwards. 12 hours in a super economy carrier seat though..15 or 16 hours direct from DUB would be even grimmer. But there would possibly be a backpacker market for it I guess.

I think they'd struggle to get onwards connecting PAX in a way Singapore Airlines themselves wouldn't, though. Which would have to be a big segment of the target market for any potential DUB > SIN route.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Kellyconor1982

Exciting that Delhi and Singapore will likely be routes in the coming years. I could see Tokyo, Seoul and possibly another Chinese route in the next few years as well. Word is Turkish Airlines are considering a Dublin to Mexico City route and i think that Sao Paolo could happen within the next ten years as well. Wouldn't rule out a Dublin to Joburg route in that timeframe as well.

Wonder what route and when the next long haul announcement will be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

mayotom wrote: »
    Need to read the article , recruitment is for 737 pilots, immediately ruling out Vegas as it's well beyond the range of the 737MAX8

Yes the article is about D8 recruiting 737 pilots for its t/a ops, but the discussion is EI's plans to announce new t/a routes.

Quick question, does anyone know what the config is of the 777 UA fly to Dublin? Seatguru shows that they have multiple different cabin configs, I'm guessing its one of the Intl 2 class versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭LeakRate

Quick question, does anyone know what the config is of the 777 UA fly to Dublin? Seatguru shows that they have multiple different cabin configs, I'm guessing its one of the Intl 2 class versions?

Yep, domestic 777-200, V4 on seat guru, 336 economy, 28 Business, no ife in economy, 3-4-3 layout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Yes the article is about D8 recruiting 737 pilots for its t/a ops, but the discussion is EI's plans to announce new t/a routes.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/United_Airlines/United_Airlines_Boeing_777-200_9.php

Thanks guys, they have great deals on for NY in Dec so might nab a ticket.... I can live without IFE, best entertainment is out the window anyway.

Thanks guys, they have great deals on for NY in Dec so might nab a ticket.... I can live without IFE, best entertainment is out the window anyway.

See recent topic on looking out the window, it seems United don't like you to :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement

See recent topic on looking out the window, it seems United don't like you to :rolleyes:.

Wow thanks.

Just reading it there, I flew UA to ORD last year and this policy wasn't enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

They do have IFE, you just need to download the United app to your own device (phone, tablet, etc) and connect to the onboard wifi. Thankfully it's pulling off a local network so works quite quickly. To be honest I prefer my iPad screen to the often crappy IFE screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Skuzchad

Would it be a bad idea or bad appeal to passengers for Dublin airport or Ei to offer a red eye from Dublin to the states .whether it dublin to LA or Dublin to New york maybe leave Dublin at about 9:30pm or something .just an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Skuzchad wrote: »
    Would it be a bad idea or bad appeal to passengers for Dublin airport or Ei to offer a red eye from Dublin to the states .whether it dublin to LA or Dublin to New york maybe leave Dublin at about 9:30pm or something .just an idea

Almost the entire flow of TAL traffic at this hour is well aloft going westbound - very little European flights are scheduled to leave past 8pm. The airports, connections, even timezones are all set up to handle it this way on the far end (and vice versa on the way back). If you left Dublin at 2130 for New York you'd be getting there at 2330 local time, far too late for any onward connections. If you headed for LA you'd be getting there at 0030 local time. You're not going far at that hour anywhere else.

So much traffic in the US is connection it probably wouldn't make much sense. You'd likely also be paying steeper airport fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Skuzchad

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Almost the entire flow of TAL traffic at this hour is well aloft going westbound - very little European flights are scheduled to leave past 8pm. The airports, connections, even timezones are all set up to handle it this way on the far end (and vice versa on the way back). If you left Dublin at 2130 for New York you'd be getting there at 2330 local time, far too late for any onward connections. If you headed for LA you'd be getting there at 0030 local time. You're not going far at that hour anywhere else.

So much traffic in the US is connection it probably wouldn't make much sense. You'd likely also be paying steeper airport fees.

Maybe an earlier flight of say 6pm then ?? As some american flights or some flights in different airports have one last flight in the evening for people to catch red eye .so even if its not a 9:30 pm flight maybe a 6pm flight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Re the Scoot suggestion....B789 cannot get out of DUB on current RWY wet at MTOW, neither can B788. B78K can but doesn’t have the legs. A359 can, so is the only ULR/ULH widebody that is capable. AFAIK A35K cannot, but haven’t seen the numbers.

No 747, 777 ( bar the original 772) or A340 can get out of DUB on a wet runway at MTOW.

The A310 can, and certain A330s can, if fitted with RRs or the thrust bump, but unfavouravle winds or temps can push them over the edge as far as I have been taught.

I’m open to any jockeys rated on the horses above correcting me, this is all from my training.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

A380 out of Dublin is simply unfeasible in an already busy T2.
    Infrastructure is just not up to it, then route capacity.
    Would be great to see it happen, but reality says no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Daily Aeroflot service to Moscow from 28 October.

SVO 1920 DUB 2045 - DUB 2145 SVO 0450

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Daily Aeroflot service to Moscow from 28 October.

SVO 1920 DUB 2045 - DUB 2145 SVO 0450

I'm presuming A320 or 737 yes?

A320 showing on website.

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    A320 showing on website.

Yeah just seen it mentioned on another well known aviation themed forum. Love the livery, it will be nice to have it in DUB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,331 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Tu-160 ;)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

Is Air France ending the contract with Cityjet on the CDG-DUB route? on the website it's showing a mix of iHop (their regional airline) with 1 daily air france 320 for next summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,433 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They were down to doing only 1x daily recently anyway, so I'd imagine so. Aging aircraft with a very hard product onboard (tiny seats, tiny bins) were probably doing damage to the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

L1011 wrote: »
    They were down to doing only 1x daily recently anyway, so I'd imagine so. Aging aircraft with a very hard product onboard (tiny seats, tiny bins) were probably doing damage to the brand.

It makes sense. Im also surprised the earliest CDG-DUB sector with Air France either operated by AF/Hop only leaves Paris at 9.30am. Id expect an earlier departure like 6.30/7.30am as in London (ignoring the fact that Aer Lingus scrapped the ei519 which left CDG at 8am)

Salzburg return from 9 Feb 19 with EI, Toulouse over ski season as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I’d far prefer innsbruck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I’d far prefer innsbruck

Don’t you mean Las Vegas?? 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I’d far prefer innsbruck

Up for sale now on Ryanair starting Dec 8 running till March every Saturday. Will be operated by Laudamotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭john boye

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Up for sale now on Ryanair starting Dec 8 running till March every Saturday. Will be operated by Laudamotion.

If only Vegas were that easy eh?

Advertisement