Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

Cityjet have HOP branded CRJs now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

Cityjet have HOP branded CRJs now

No they don’t, they have SAS branded CRJs

EICVD wrote: »
    No they don’t, they have SAS branded CRJs

They have both.

They have both.

They don't. HOPs are operated by Brit Air. I note online a suggestion that CityJet CRJ 700's (which they don't have)were operating over the summer for HOP. All CityJets CRJ's are 900's. I also can't see them subleasing as they can't even cover their contracted SAS flights due to crew shortages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

• Advertisement

They have both.

The Hop branded CRJ is in fact an F reg CRJ owned by HOP (dry leased) but operated by Cityjet for HOP. The aircraft is based in Lyon.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

The Hop branded CRJ is in fact an F reg CRJ owned by HOP (dry leased) but operated by Cityjet for HOP. The aircraft is based in Lyon.

Ouch, my poor head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,331 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If you have the plane and not the crew then it kinda makes sense!

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://www.anna.aero/2018/08/01/detroit-dublin-is-skyscanner-unserved-route-of-the-week-with-over-21000-searches-aer-lingus-13th-us-route/

Could Detroit be one of the imminent new Aer Lingus US destinations to be announced? There seems to be a healthy demand for it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭IQO

Here the Dublin Airport press release: https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/dublin-airport-welcomes-new-dallas-route

American will operate its new daily Dallas service with a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner in a 285-seat three-class configuration, with 30 seats in Business, 21 in Premium Economy, and 234 seats in Economy.

The new summer service will begin on June 6 and will run until September 28, 2019. The flight will depart Dallas at 20.35, arriving in Dublin at 11.40 the following day. The return flight will depart Dublin at 13.40, arriving in Dallas at 17.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Wont be operating DUB-JFK next summer though. screengrab.PNG

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Shn99 wrote: »
    Wont be operating DUB-JFK next summer though. screengrab.PNG

Good to see SNN-PHL given the amount of culling they've done in this part of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭john boye

AA really seems to be cutting back on its international routes from JFK the last couple of years. Are they just concentrating on sending everyone through PHL now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Could dfw be a potential imminent Aer Lingus announcement or would they share this info with each other ? I reckon hope the dfw route does well and they go year round with it ... will be interesting to see if anyone does anything about the Detroit route ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

My theory is EI will send an A321LR to JFK next summer in the morning. AA are the right carrier for DFW. EI had not plans to launch it next summer.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    My theory is EI will send an A321LR to JFK next summer in the morning. AA are the right carrier for DFW. EI had not plans to launch it next summer.

My info is they won’t be coming next summer. At very least 3 months late and probably a good bit more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Jamie2k9 wrote:

Correct..rumour for new routes is Minneapolis and Montreal

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

My info is they won’t be coming next summer. At very least 3 months late and probably a good bit more than that.

I think someone posted that Q2 was the initial plan. (I had posted April/May based on previous EI slide showing 3 A321LR in service for ‘summer 2019’)
    I looked at wiki page a few days ago and it is saying expected delivery in Q4 2019.
    I assume this will disrupt EIs initial plans for 2019/2020.

Tenger wrote: »
    I think someone posted that Q2 was the initial plan. (I had posted April/May based on previous EI slide showing 3 A321LR in service for ‘summer 2019’)
    I looked at wiki page a few days ago and it is saying expected delivery in Q4 2019.
    I assume this will disrupt EIs initial plans for 2019/2020.

Quarter 2 would become quarter 3 July/August/Sept very earliest delivery. It’s been suggested to me that they won’t be getting them during the summer months 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

What the delays with them? Engines??

Bussywussy wrote: »
    What the delays with them? Engines??

I don’t specifically know what the delay is but Airbus have been having issues with indeed the engines and previously seats and interiors which they are still catching up on. Boeing are also running in to delays yet again on the MAX because of engines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Ryanair ending their Dublin-Frankfurt Hahn service at the end of October, but the Kerry route is staying.

Any idea why they're cutting it from Dub? I know they operate to FRA now, but still... Hahn was handy for self-connecting cheap flights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,433 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd imagine its the same as PIK, higher end routes go to GLA without duplication.

Ryanair ending their Dublin-Frankfurt Hahn service at the end of October, but the Kerry route is staying.

Any idea why they're cutting it from Dub? I know they operate to FRA now, but still... Hahn was handy for self-connecting cheap flights.

Probably answered your own question by stating Frankfurt route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

They are also starting a Luxembourg flight which is only just over an hours drive from Hahn. Having a FRA, LUX and HHN flight would be overkill I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Lufthansa at 5x daily, Aer Lingus at 2x daily, Ryanair themselves at 1-2x daily to FRA, no need for a flight to the Athlone International Dublin Airport equivalent of Frankfurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

I liked Hahn. Cheap parking. Small airport. Not so difficult to drive to but FRA will undoubtedly generate more traffic for Ryanair.
    The number of flights from FRA to Dublin doesn't seem sustainable and LH, FR and EI are making their plays now. I suspect LH or EI will drop one or two flights. When I see the load on FR FRA-DUB flights and the type of passengers I'll have a better idea but I expect them to be as packed as any other Ryanair flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

L1011 wrote: »
    I'd imagine its the same as PIK, higher end routes go to GLA without duplication.

Probably not the best comparison considering Ryanair are shutting their base and cutting all bar 3 routes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭rio1

I fly Dublin Frankfurt and back quite often - Lufthansa and Aer Lingus -usually pretty full flights, so there is lots of demand.

Advertisement