Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

While I cannot say, I heard a potential US destination for Aer Lingus which has not been mentioned at all in recent times and I hope it doesn't happen (would be A321 LR range).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    While I cannot say, I heard a potential US destination for Aer Lingus which has not been mentioned at all in recent times and I hope it doesn't happen (would be A321 LR range).

Would you say in a PM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

I doubt the 321s will be in service for summer if there is delays already so hard to say what'll be announced..heard various numbers of A330s coming

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

2 cities beginning with M!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Manchester (New Hampshire) & Minneapolis ?

• Advertisement

Baltimore?

Source is half true.

Any idea when announcement is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

MDenver??
    Minneapolis and Montreal would be a guess, hopefully not Pittsburgh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭trellheim

Mas Vegas and Mortland Oregon ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Lufthansa at 5x daily, Aer Lingus at 2x daily, Ryanair themselves at 1-2x daily to FRA, no need for a flight to the Athlone International Dublin Airport equivalent of Frankfurt.
    and Lux and Stuttgart and Cologne also no distance from Hahn.

It's worth noting too that Hahn is in the middle of nowhere. Yes, it has a large catchment area outside of the wilderness where its located, but when theres direct flights to every major airport now in the extended catchment area which previously Hahn was acting as a substitute for, then there's no actual need for flights to Hahn any more.

I think Hahn will continue on as an airport for outgoing holiday (sun) flights with the cheap parking being a bonus, but the days of it being Frankfurt west are numbered.

The next Dublin flight to get the chop will surely be Memmingen aka "Munich west", unless they have a heap of subsidies they have to pay back if they cut the service.

• Advertisement

In all seriousness, I was talking to a pal in EI and Montreal and Minneapolis have been added as online destinations on their staff travel portal.

Rumour is 2 more 330s for next summer. If true, the expectation is that YUL will get PHL’s 757 with PHL becoming an A330 destination. And MSP (non daily) getting the second along with increased frequency to an existing destination.

Or maybe it’s all just a diversionary tactic!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

In all seriousness, I was talking to a pal in EI and Montreal and Minneapolis have been added as online destinations on their staff travel portal.

Rumour is 2 more 330s for next summer. If true, the expectation is that YUL will get PHL’s 757 with PHL becoming an A330 destination. And MSP (non daily) getting the second along with increased frequency to an existing destination.

Or maybe it’s all just a diversionary tactic!

I'm sorry to disapoint you there but the staff travel portal is the last thing to get updated, literally it may only be updated with new routes one or two days before a route starts.

Kcormahs wrote: »
    I'm sorry to disapoint you there but the staff travel portal is the last thing to get updated, literally it may only be updated with new routes one or two days before a route starts.

They were there, he showed me the screenshot. They have since been removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'm struggling to understand the targetting of Minneapolis (if that is indeed one of the 2 cities) by EI unless it gave amazing financial incentives. Whilst it's a large hub for Delta, I can't see how it would be a key end destination or convenient transit stop for Ireland. I've never heard of Minnesota state being one with a large Irish diaspora either ( more a Scandinavian roots population). Anyway, the grapevine is leaning towards here and Montreal, so let's see if EI surprises us. Surely they'll announce soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Are Cathay Pacific the only airline using the A350 from Dublin? Any plans for others to use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Are Cathay Pacific the only airline using the A350 from Dublin? Any plans for others to use?

Yes, the only current operator into DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

Was messing around in GDS and found DTW and LAS as new non stop international routes, 4w and 2w flights , mind you could be filing error , but interesting nine the less,

It us not as easy as we all think to get additional suitable , fleet compatible A330 , non new aircraft , however two are planned.

I believe we will know soon enough , but the definite due date of the additional aircraft is slowing any formal announcement

DTW Detroit was a surprise, if confirmed ?, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭sandbelter

DTW wouldn't surprise me.  I was only noticing last week quite a few companies from the US state of Michigan (Kellogg being the prime example) have their European head office in Ireland.   Maybe the opportunity to win their corporate accounts was the swinging factor.  LAS 2 PW does seem a bit thin for EI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

DTW is an obvious destination, big Irish diaspora in Michigan. Go up north and some of the place names are pulled directly from the auld sod! - Roscommon, MI for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

IQO wrote: »
    Here the Dublin Airport press release: https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/dublin-airport-welcomes-new-dallas-route

American will operate its new daily Dallas service with a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner in a 285-seat three-class configuration, with 30 seats in Business, 21 in Premium Economy, and 234 seats in Economy.

The new summer service will begin on June 6 and will run until September 28, 2019. The flight will depart Dallas at 20.35, arriving in Dublin at 11.40 the following day. The return flight will depart Dublin at 13.40, arriving in Dallas at 17.45.

Great news. This route was long overdue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

ongarboy wrote: »
    I'm struggling to understand the targetting of Minneapolis (if that is indeed one of the 2 cities) by EI unless it gave amazing financial incentives. Whilst it's a large hub for Delta, I can't see how it would be a key end destination or convenient transit stop for Ireland. I've never heard of Minnesota state being one with a large Irish diaspora either ( more a Scandinavian roots population). Anyway, the grapevine is leaning towards here and Montreal, so let's see if EI surprises us. Surely they'll announce soon?

Quite a few large companies in and around that area. Lots of professionals (software, IT etc) travel to that region from Ireland for service and support engagements. I could see a non-daily working OK there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Might not be Dublin routes but I’ve just seen that Ryanair are flying to Jordan very soon, seems they’re pushing the boat out a little more out east.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

hunter164 wrote: »
    Might not be Dublin routes but I’ve just seen that Ryanair are flying to Jordan very soon, seems they’re pushing the boat out a little more out east.

I flew with them to Israel last year via Hahn for a fiver each way. Amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I flew with them to Israel last year via Hahn for a fiver each way. Amazing!

I’m booking in with them for Jordan for early next year. €50 each way from Milan is a ludicrous price. For all the bad press Ryanair get they do have some serious deals!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

‘’The sale comes a week after Aer Lingus revealed that it will fly daily between Dublin and London City Airport from October, and ahead of two new North American route announcements due next week - further adding to a growing transatlantic network.‘’

Route announcement next week according to the Irish Independent

https://m.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/aer-lingus-releases-two-million-seats-from-2999-in-winter-sale-37280690.html

‘’The sale comes a week after Aer Lingus revealed that it will fly daily between Dublin and London City Airport from October, and ahead of two new North American route announcements due next week - further adding to a growing transatlantic network.‘’

https://m.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/aer-lingus-releases-two-million-seats-from-2999-in-winter-sale-37280690.html

One of them is definitely Vegas has to be Vegas must be Vegas I want Vegas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

One of them is definitely Vegas has to be Vegas must be Vegas I want Vegas

I think you'll be disappointed. A Canadian and US Midwestern route are the rumored destinations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,888 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

ongarboy wrote: »
    I think you'll be disappointed. A Canadian and US Midwestern route are the rumored destinations!

I think the previous poster may, just may, be a tad facetious with regard to the previous wishes expressed by other posters here!

LXFlyer wrote: »
    I think the previous poster may, just may, be a tad facetious with regard to the previous wishes expressed by other posters here!

Meeee never !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Today I flew with Norwegian in their inflight magazine they were promoting two new routes from Dublin, Toronto(Hamilton) and Rome! Did I miss the Rome announcement?

Advertisement