Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

marno21 wrote: »

YUL:

EI99 departs DUB at 18:50 arrives YUL at 20:50. Aer Lingus A321
    EI98 departs YUL at 22:20 arrives DUB at 09:40. Aer Lingus A321

Daily flight as per Dublin Airport article.

Maybe using that 321 on an AGP or FAO sector first.
    Probably will do a turn to LHR/AMS/CDG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Noxegon

MSP:
    EI89 departs DUB at 14:10 arrives MSP at 16:55. Boeing 757 operated by ASL Airlines
    EI88 departs MSP at 19:00 arrives DUB at 08:40. Boeing 757 operated by ASL Airlines.

That's got to be up against the limit of the 757 range when you throw in head winds. I wonder if it'll need to do technical stops from time to time.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

MSP:

EI89 departs DUB at 14:10 arrives MSP at 16:55. Boeing 757 operated by ASL Airlines
    EI88 departs MSP at 19:00 arrives DUB at 08:40. Boeing 757 operated by ASL Airlines.

Daily flight as per booking engine and Dublin Airport article.

YUL:

EI99 departs DUB at 18:50 arrives YUL at 20:50. Aer Lingus A321
    EI98 departs YUL at 22:20 arrives DUB at 09:40. Aer Lingus A321

Daily flight as per Dublin Airport article.

So when is the first A321LR due to enter service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

What does operated by ASL airlines mean? Never seen that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Qprmeath wrote: »

Google says:

www.aslairlines.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

After launching two new transatlantic routes, Aer Lingus is eyeing up Vancouver - Fora (via TheJournal.ie) - https://fora.ie/aer-lingus-new-canada-flights-4232016-Sep2018/

Las Vegas, Dallas, Denver, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Detroit and Halifax as other cities on the airline’s wish list.

These appear to be the future cities being mooted per the article but conversations are being had with up to 30 North American cities.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Qprmeath wrote: »

They already have it in place with their B757 routes. Aircraft is leased by ASL who physically operate the flight under their license. Cabin crew are Aer Lingus staff and flight crew are a mix of ASL pilots and EI pilots on secondment to ASL.
    Clear as mud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Probably will do a turn to LHR/AMS/CDG

Does that mean that there will be a business class product to those cities or just the seats like the AGP/FAO A330 routes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Tenger wrote: »
    They already have it in place with their B757 routes. Aircraft is leased by ASL who physically operate the flight under their license. Cabin crew are Aer Lingus staff and flight crew are a mix of ASL pilots and EI pilots on secondment to ASL.
    Clear as mud?

A "damp" lease, perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

Is Ryanair ending the DUB - AMS route from April next year? It’s the only route which flights aren’t for sale and I think summer schedule is finalised by now? I very much doubt it but its a bit strange that it still showing no flights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭VG31

Kcormahs wrote: »
    Is Ryanair ending the DUB - AMS route from April next year? It’s the only route which flights aren’t for sale and I think summer schedule is finalised by now? I very much doubt it but its a bit strange that it still showing no flights

What do you mean by "the only route"? I just picked three routed at random, DUB-ATH, DUB-ZAD and DUB-TLL and none of them were bookable after March. The summer schedule won't be finalised for at least another month.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

Aer Lingus will stop flying to Milan Linate from the 27th July (2019) and double the frequency on Milan Malpensa (MXP) with an early and late flight

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Aer Lingus will stop flying to Milan Linate from the 27th July (2019) and double the frequency on Milan Malpensa (MXP) with an early and late flight
    That’s a pity I do like LIN, but it makes sense to have all their flights to/from the same airport especially if they’re selling connections

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

LIN runway closure in 2019, temp relocation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Has ACDM been implemented fully at DUB yet? Or has it been further delayed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Summer schedule seems to be pretty much loaded up including AMS.

Only routes missing that I can see are Bremen, Dalaman, Frankfurt Main and Luxembourg.

I reckon it'll be announced this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Has ACDM been implemented fully at DUB yet? Or has it been further delayed?

Hasnt been any trials since June/July. No idea if/when next trials will be.
    Was never going to work by trying to implement it during summer and when a new ground handling company was just starting in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Jacovs wrote: »
    Hasnt been any trials since June/July. No idea if/when next trials will be.
    Was never going to work by trying to implement it during summer and when a new ground handling company was just starting in Dublin.

Supposedly trials again next week or week after. Maybe someone saw my post and remembered this is meant ro be happening in dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Jacovs wrote: »
    Supposedly trials again next week or week after. Maybe someone saw my post and remembered this is meant ro be happening in dublin.

Lol probably accurate enough !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

• Advertisement

Tenger wrote: »
    Jesus, quite the downgrade. One wonders is this due to needing the 3 class airframe elsewhere or needing the extra Y class capacity on the route?
    Or perhaps an overall downgrading of the route to a low fares setup?

Took the 777 flight to EWR a couple of weeks back. If you ever want to experience what it is like to go back in time take this flight. For an aircraft that is only 20 years old it feels a lot older and something that could really benefit from a deep clean and a cabin refresh.

I was in Econ plus and that was grim, I can only imagine what Econ was like. From what I could see into the business cabin they seemed to be on top of each other with seats facing each other.

No AVOD but streaming and you can clip your ipad on to the spring mounted catch on the seat back in front of you.

Wifi went down about 2.5 hours into the flight so that killed anybody streaming anything. Managed to get 5000 miles out of it in 'compensation'.

One to most certainly avoid. Such a shame as it used to be a wonderful product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

If you are flying from T2 can you clear security at T1 and walk it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

You can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,331 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yes if you have hand luggage only (or are checking it at the gate or stairs.) No if you're doing bag drop in the terminal.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Yes if you have hand luggage only (or are checking it at the gate or stairs.) No if you're doing bag drop in the terminal.

Well technically you still can, but you'd have to hop terminals twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Yup. You're best taking the security on the left hand side of the terminal (obviously, closest to T2) and when you clear just take a left and stroll down, it's actually quite close. Handy to note if you prefer any of the much more extensive eating and drinking options they have over in T1 and a bit of time to kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭trellheim

I find t2 screening much quicker than t1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

trellheim wrote: »
    I find t2 screening much quicker than t1

Depends on the day and the time you are flying out at. I use the Dublin Airport app which will tell me the queue times for each terminal and I'll decide on the way in.

Advertisement