Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Worth checking the likely gate number in the DAA app as well. Its not perfect, but it appears long before it does on the screens in the airport. Last few times I've been flying out of T2, the gates have been the 300x gates which are actually in T1.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Cravens

Just seen on another forum, allegedly YVR-DUB goes to x4 weekly for Summer '19 but remains with Rouge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Worth checking the likely gate number in the DAA app as well. Its not perfect, but it appears long before it does on the screens in the airport. Last few times I've been flying out of T2, the gates have been the 300x gates which are actually in T1.

yes, some of my norwegian flights were flying out of T1 3xx gates and i went through T2 security to T1 gates. next time i will remember to go through T1 security.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭IQO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭sandbelter

IQO wrote: »
    It's not a good sign that frequencies are being cut through Chinese New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,874 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

How is the Cathay Paciic route doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

How is the Cathay Paciic route doing?

June - 7,944/9,520 (83% lf)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Shn99 wrote: »
    June - 7,944/9,520 (83% lf)

OP, I don't know if You work for CP or not, but do You know are they happy with this LF? Have a feeling HA might not be around too long, and would hate to see CP leave as I do believe there is a market for them, also they offer an alternative to the Far East/Down Under to the ME 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

83% is an amazing number having just started the route. T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

OP, I don't know if You work for CP or not, but do You know are they happy with this LF? Have a feeling HA might not be around too long, and would hate to see CP leave as I do believe there is a market for them, also they offer an alternative to the Far East/Down Under to the ME 3.

He does not work for them :).

Load factor doesn't say everything. LF could be 100% and the route could be running at a loss. Yield is whats important. Yield is, in essence, what they're earning from the route. They could sell every seat at €1, load factor would be a permanent 100%, but they'd have a very very poor yield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭trellheim

That and willing to accept it to build presence in the market, or as a loss leader, or for hubbing traffic to get a good yield from another leg (i.e. overall yield if you dont want it to go to ME3 for example )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

JCX BXC wrote: »
    He does not work for them :).

Load factor doesn't say everything. LF could be 100% and the route could be running at a loss. Yield is whats important. Yield is, in essence, what they're earning from the route. They could sell every seat at €1, load factor would be a permanent 100%, but they'd have a very very poor yield.

Yield is a lot more applicable to LCC’s, the fares CX dirive from varying classes of travel are substantial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Yield is a lot more applicable to LCC’s, the fares CX dirive from varying classes of travel are substantial.

I would agree, to an extent, however I'll argue that that is a changing trend, and that the yield and load factor correlation is widening for all airlines as it goes on.

Also, you'll find even the most full service of carriers go for a low introductory fare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Isn't freight a big but less visible earner for passenger services?

How much is going in the belly of the CX flights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Would absolutely love to visit Russia but the Visa process and cost is just ridiculous. You'd think there'd be some sort of agreement between our two countries, especially now with direct flights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Arrival at 05:00? No thanks.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭rio1

That’s interesting. S7 have had a weekly flight between Dublin and Moscow on Saturday evenings for the last two summers at least but never expanded. I wonder is there demand for a daily flight. I’d definitiy consider a trip and Aeroflot are now considered one of the safest airlines in the world...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭VG31

Noxegon wrote: »
    Arrival at 05:00? No thanks.

I'm considering going to Russia next year but there's no chance I'll be flying direct from Dublin with those flight times. Arriving at 05:00 means that you'd have to pay for an extra hotel night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭x567

The BA rotation with similar outbound timing from Heathrow to Moscow used to be pretty full on the relatively many occasions that I took it in the past (on mid-haul 767 or A321s generally). It means full business days in Moscow (albeit fairly bleary eyed on the first one) but you do need a hotel on arrival, albeit briefly as it takes a while to clear the airport and get into town anyway; particularly from BA's DME. SVO may not be so bad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

SVO is a nice airport and reasonably quick.

Train downtown is straightforward.

Aeroflot really good onboard and real business class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Would absolutely love to visit Russia but the Visa process and cost is just ridiculous. You'd think there'd be some sort of agreement between our two countries, especially now with direct flights?

You can get a visa invitation for 10 or 20euro online.
    The visa from the embassy costs about 90 euro.

It is well worth the cost, Moscow is really a great city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Was this not announced previously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Was this not announced previously?

A couple of months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    A couple of months ago.

Cheers - was sure I wasn’t dreaming it!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

https://nit.pt/out-of-town/viagens/ryanair-lanca-12-novas-rotas-incluindo-lisboa-edimburgo-bordeus

Ryanair going double daily every day on the Lisbon route, reinforcing competition against TAP (double daily) and Aer Lingus (11x per week so far, if no double dailly announcement soon)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,433 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Extra capacity to OPO would be nice instead - its a cheaper, nicer city with better public transport and less crime (pickpockets / drug dealers) having been to both. There was a decent increase last year admittedly.

Westjet to start a 787 service from Calgary to Dublin next June. Three times weekly stepping down to twice weekly from September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Westjet to start a 787 service from Calgary to Dublin next June. Three times weekly stepping down to twice weekly from September.

That's a nice commitment that they will use their shiny out of the box 78 on the Dublin route.

Advertisement