Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,433 ✭✭✭✭L1011

When did airBaltic last serve Dublin? With the other Baltic states national carriers having imploded and half-arsedly replaced in Estonias case we're down to Ryanair and not even year-round at that. RIX is decently located for connections to the former USSR in general, TLL has decent tech industry and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

L1011 wrote: »
    When did airBaltic last serve Dublin? With the other Baltic states national carriers having imploded and half-arsedly replaced in Estonias case we're down to Ryanair and not even year-round at that. RIX is decently located for connections to the former USSR in general, TLL has decent tech industry and so on.

A quick search on Flickr shows the most recent images to be from 2012.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

L1011 wrote: »

They ended Riga late 2011 before briefly coming back in 2013 before ending it again. They served Vilnius for a season around 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

AirBaltic would be an interesting return, they currently have quite ambitious growth plans with almost 80 aircraft expected to be in service over the next three years, a huge jump in capacity for an airline that has averaged about 30 aircraft over the past decade. The airline is currently implementing its next phase of expansion which will see it grow its network from all three home bases of Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius but with intense competition from Ryanair and Wizz, I think they've got a fight on their hands. 

Great airline to fly and the A220 is a superb addition to the fleet but with a profit of just €4.6m last year (compare that with Aer Lingus' €270m) they've got a long way to go before being in a comfortable position for the mega expansion planned.

Air Baltic said they will serve Dublin when they get more C series aircraft deliver in 2019/2”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Is anything happening regarding an interlining agreement between Ryanair and Aer Lingus ? With say 7% growth this year and next , Dublin airport would have roughly 35,000,000 pax. I’d imagine that could jump another bit with an interlining agreement ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Shn99 wrote: »
    ADD-DUB will continue but via MAD

Wonder what the business case for that route is

Between tourism, mineral exploration business and aid traffic they sell a fair few seats less price sensitive seats both ends of the plane DUB-ADD. Only competent carrier in that area of the continent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Cloudio9 wrote:
    Wonder what the business case for that route is

I've been on it a couple of times and the Dublin sector has been quite busy. I've counted 80/90 people checking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Ethiopian has re-opened ADD-DUB-LAX today, it will continue to operate at 4 weekly but without the local traffic rights between Dublin and Los Angeles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Ethiopian has re-opened ADD-DUB-LAX today, it will continue to operate at 4 weekly but without the local traffic rights between Dublin and Los Angeles.

Appears to be operating as tech stop only. ADD-DUB not bookable either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Noxegon

That's a shame if it holds. I was looking forward to using ET on my next trip to LA because the timings were far better for my needs than EI.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Cobalt have ceased business this evening, it was always nice seeing them in DUB and I always heard good things about them!

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    I've been on it a couple of times and the Dublin sector has been quite busy. I've counted 80/90 people checking in.

But now via MAD is what I meant.

What’s the logic there? It was never full when I flew it a few times and most of the J pax seemed to be doing dub lax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Noxegon wrote: »
    That's a shame if it holds. I was looking forward to using ET on my next trip to LA because the timings were far better for my needs than EI.

and at 40-60% of the cost also. anybody know what will happen for sure, will the bookings be possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Ireland trains

ADD-DUB-LAX (4 weekly) no local rights DUB to LAX.
    so 4 wkly ADD-DUB and 4 wkly DUB-ADD

ADD-MAD-DUB (4 weekly) no local rights MAD-DUB
    all operated by 787-8

ADD-DUB-LAX (4 weekly) no local rights DUB to LAX.
    so 4 wkly ADD-DUB and 4 wkly DUB-ADD

ADD-MAD-DUB (4 weekly) no local rights MAD-DUB
    all operated by 787-8

Seems very unusual to add Dublin to the MAD routing when there is already a Dublin direct 4 times a week. Though maybe they want to scale up their tech stops in Dublin so that they have more redundancy in case of disruptions?

• Advertisement

Seems very unusual to add Dublin to the MAD routing when there is already a Dublin direct 4 times a week. Though maybe they want to scale up their tech stops in Dublin so that they have more redundancy in case of disruptions?

The ADD-DUB-LAX direct won't be letting pax on or off though, it's going to be a tech stop only

The only logic I can think of is that they need the space that DUB passengers are using for ADD passengers; with the MAD flight having spare capacity.

The ADD-DUB-LAX direct won't be letting pax on or off though, it's going to be a tech stop only

As I understand it, they've only ended the 5th freedom between Dublin and LAX, so they'll let passengers off at Dublin when going from ADD-DUB-LAX and they'll take on passengers at Dublin on the return. They are just not taking passengers between DUB and LAX on each leg.

EDIT: had a look at the booking engine and no direct flights showing...so possibly you are right, even though they only alluded to no local rights on the DUB-LAX bit.

As I understand it, they've only ended the 5th freedom between Dublin and LAX, so they'll let passengers off at Dublin when going from ADD-DUB-LAX and they'll take on passengers at Dublin on the return. They are just not taking passengers between DUB and LAX on each leg.

EDIT: had a look at the booking engine and no direct flights showing...so possibly you are right, even though they only alluded to no local rights on the DUB-LAX bit.

It has been turned into a techstop, like ET500 and ET502 (and the others), so will stay at the 600 stands with nobody embarking or disembarking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

What plane will be used on the Madrid route?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

It has been turned into a techstop, like ET500 and ET502 (and the others), so will stay at the 600 stands with nobody embarking or disembarking.

Grand, it’s a horrible flight to work on (clean & search), the new flight will be so much handier it’ll almost be a joy to work on.

EICVD wrote: »
    Grand, it’s a horrible flight to work on (clean & search), the new flight will be so much handier it’ll almost be a joy to work on.

Oh, I'm as happy as you are :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Cobalt have ceased business this evening, it was always nice seeing them in DUB and I always heard good things about them!

They were ok. A bit better than Ryanair. 5 1/2 hours from Larnaca to Dublin with no IFE and paid sandwiches was a bit rough though.

Shame they're going though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Noxegon

They were ok. A bit better than Ryanair. 5 1/2 hours from Larnaca to Dublin with no IFE and paid sandwiches was a bit rough though.

Try five hours and change from Paphos with Ryanair. Those seats start to hurt after about ninety minutes.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

Oh, I'm as happy as you are :pac:

Are you working with that company that up until a month ago had the initials FC ?

Advertisement