Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

EICVD wrote: »
    Are you working with that company that up until a month ago had the initials FC ?

Nope, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

EICVD wrote: »
    Grand, it’s a horrible flight to work on (clean & search), the new flight will be so much handier it’ll almost be a joy to work on.

Clean & search ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Clean & search ?

Perhaps misplaced documents :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Clean & search ?

All them flights to the US, you don’t know the half of what goes on during the turnaround

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Perhaps misplaced documents :P

& that’s exactly why we all hate working on that ET flight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Loving all the cryptic information that 2 or 3 people know whats going on but its really annoying. If you have a grievance about some aspects of your job why not either bring it up with management or look for another job.

There used to be a time not so long ago that plenty would have been very happy to have any kind of job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,331 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'm not involved in the aviation industry but the meaning is pretty clear to me. Hint: immigration. Or rather asylum.

Scrap the cap!

Loving all the cryptic information that 2 or 3 people know whats going on but its really annoying. If you have a grievance about some aspects of your job why not either bring it up with management or look for another job.

There used to be a time not so long ago that plenty would have been very happy to have any kind of job.

What the hell are you on about? Quite happy in my job thanks very much but just that one flight is a nightmare to work on & everyone in the job agrees. The new flight via MAD shall be a dream to deal with, no time pressure, no security search & no passengers on board while working either.

I'm not involved in the aviation industry but the meaning is pretty clear to me. Hint: immigration. Or rather asylum.

Exactly, & without going into too much info we deal with that onboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@California Dreamer..... keep in mind that a lot of us have to follow company social media policies, so direct statements that might get printed in tomorrows newspapers could lead to us getting sacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭sandbelter

Irish independent reports that we should receive official confirmation this week that henceforth Ethiopian's LAX flight is likely to be re-directed via LOS, and DUB will be connected via MAD to ADD, 
    https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ethiopian-airlines-set-to-axe-dublin-stopover-on-la-flight-37441665.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,888 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Eh, this is a Reykjavik to Vancouver route that is being launched - nothing to do with a new Dublin route. You change aircraft in Iceland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Noxegon

LXFlyer wrote: »
    Eh, this is a Reykjavik to Vancouver route that is being launched - nothing to do with a new Dublin route. You change aircraft in Iceland.

Agreed.

Blind parroting of Wow press releases by the Irish media is getting distinctly old.

This isn't even a good connection - four hours on the ground in Iceland probably means it's as fast to go via Heathrow.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Noxegon wrote: »
    Agreed.

Blind parroting of Wow press releases by the Irish media is getting distinctly old.

This isn't even a good connection - four hours on the ground in Iceland probably means it's as fast to go via Heathrow.

Besides, isn't there direct flights from Dublin to Vancouver? Or is that only seasonal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Are AA using a 787 to ORD on a continual basis ex DUB now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

vicwatson wrote: »

Yep, its been a 787 for over a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

vicwatson wrote: »

Yup. Great aircraft. Terrible seats. Sit beside someone you like or you’ll be getting to know them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

LXFlyer wrote: »

4 hour layover???? Hell no. I have been in KEF. Its like something from the cold war!!!!

4 hour layover???? Hell no. I have been in KEF. Its like something from the cold war!!!!

Well it is in Iceland...

...I'll get my coat (!)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Besides, isn't there direct flights from Dublin to Vancouver? Or is that only seasonal?

Direct flight is seasonal with Air Canada Rouge (June to October).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Yep, a horrible, stupidly overpriced shed really. Shame. I understand Iceland is expensive but come on! If you're flying Wow or Icelandair anytime soon with a few hours layover in KEF, buy two sandwich meal deals in Dublin before you leave!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Strangely enough, it is from the Cold War. :pac:

Not to beat my own drum here, but apart from the direct route,, this routing would be the next most direct in great circle terms. Everything else goes miles South of what the straight line would be.

Yep, a horrible, stupidly overpriced shed really. Shame. I understand Iceland is expensive but come on! If you're flying Wow or Icelandair anytime soon with a few hours layover in KEF, buy two sandwich meal deals in Dublin before you leave!!!

But don’t forget to pay €43.99 per flight leg for the cabin baggage you’ll need to take them wiith you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Does anyone know what "surface transfer" from T2 to Cork involves?
    I was coming through arrivals and staff were looking for people at the transfer point for passengers for Cork. As there's no flight from Dub to Cork is this just bus transfer? If so, why do passengers not come through passport control etc as normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,331 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Not to beat my own drum here, but apart from the direct route,, this routing would be the next most direct in great circle terms. Everything else goes miles South of what the straight line would be.

I'm sure that's a great consolation while sitting in KEF for four hours

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

Hello,

Has anyone any Idea if Aerlingus are going to fly to Murcia in 2019, I know the airport is changing but there's nothing up on the Aerlingus website just yet, need to go to Murcia in April and Ryanair is the only option right now but flight times are not the best. Any help is appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭VG31

kieran26 wrote: »
    Hello,

Has anyone any Idea if Aerlingus are going to fly to Murcia in 2019, I know the airport is changing but there's nothing up on the Aerlingus website just yet, need to go to Murcia in April and Ryanair is the only option right now but flight times are not the best. Any help is appreciated.

I'd wait another month or two. There's a few seasonal Aer Lingus routes that are not yet bookable for 2019 (Montpellier and Perpignan for example).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

VG31 wrote: »
    I'd wait another month or two. There's a few seasonal Aer Lingus routes that are not yet bookable for 2019 (Montpellier and Perpignan for example).

On sale, suspect Murcia and Stuttgart might be dropped with EI but would give another 2-3 weeks. EI or FR are the only carriers at Murcia not to confirm a move to the new airport officially yet.

Advertisement