Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I know it hasn't been long but was wondering how that Aeroflot flight to Moscow is doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,433 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I know it hasn't been long but was wondering how that Aeroflot flight to Moscow is doing?

I'm not certain a single leg had operated in both directions when you posted that :pac:

Going to be too early to judge anything from the operated loads, would need someone with bookings system access to see forward bookings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Noxegon

L1011 wrote: »
    I'm not certain a single leg had operated in both directions when you posted that :pac:

Going to be too early to judge anything from the operated loads, would need someone with bookings system access to see forward bookings

I wish it wasn’t a red eye. I’m planning to head that way in. 2019 but I don’t want the first few days of my trip to be lost to jet lagged stupor.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

L1011 wrote: »

Sorry I thought it been running a week or so and was thinking someone who saw the loads. Also I may have been half asleep!! 😴😴😴

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,888 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

LXFlyer wrote: »

Tehran and Saudi Arabia..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Tehran and Saudi Arabia..?

Saw that but there's no mention of either two of them in the flight schedule list so perhaps a mistake on their end?

Or maybe a potential route that could be announced in the next few months? Would there even be any demand for flights to Tehran? Saudi Arabia, possibly given the number of Arabian students coming to study in Ireland.

A simple mapping error I imagine.

I wouldn’t be reading anything more into a document like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

A simple mapping error I imagine.

I wouldn’t be reading anything more into a document like this.

Agreed - does anyone even look at timetables?

You would think most people would just stick their destination into a booking engine

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Agreed - does anyone even look at timetables?

You would think most people would just stick their destination into a booking engine

Absolutely people do use timetables and frankly I mourn the loss of pdf airline timetables as it provided information in one document showing the range of destinations each airline serves. Useful if you’re looking at options.

That’s much harder to find in online planners.

The airport version shows the range of airlines available which many people might not be aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Saudi Arabia
    If the UK keeps increasing their airport departure tax then it might create a demand for religious travel, but i would expect to see companies testing the water with charter flights first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

AC to replace the B738M with A333 next summer, freq also down (4 to 3) but a good response to EI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

I'm loving these long range 737Maxes and 321s; They prove routes that airlines would otherwise be reluctant to try out and upgrades to bigger hardware come in time.
    DAA should be promoting these new long range routes on small planes as there appears to be business to be won there.

rivegauche wrote: »
    I'm loving these long range 737Maxes and 321s; They prove routes that airlines would otherwise be reluctant to try out and upgrades to bigger hardware come in time.
    DAA should be promoting these new long range routes on small planes as there appears to be business to be won there.

Element of competitive reaction in this one though bare in mind.

LH add an extra 6 weekly (13 to 19) to MUC which will night stop starting next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    LH add an extra 6 weekly (13 to 19) to MUC which will night stop starting next summer.

Any sign of Aer Lingus starting nightstopping in Europe soon?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Kcormahs wrote: »

Any sign of Aer Lingus starting nightstopping in Europe soon?
    Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

Locker10a wrote: »
    Nope
    Wouldn't Dublin have to become a first tier Hub airport before you needed to night-stop to get passengers to your hub airport for intercontinental flights in the morning(maybe chicken and egg scenario).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Also SWISS to operate 13 flights per week between Dublin and Zurich - another increase and a very welcome one too - the daily A321 supplemented by a 6 times per week CS100.

• Advertisement

Also SWISS to operate 13 flights per week between Dublin and Zurich - another increase and a very welcome one too - the daily A321 supplemented by a 6 times per week CS100.

Is that not a reduction ? Were they not double daily 320’s ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭VG31

Most of the 2018 summer schedule was a daily A321 (LX401 - 11 am) and a 1x weekly A320 (LX407 - Saturday 7 pm). LX407 increased to 4x weekly from July until September (Sunday 9 am, Monday/Friday 2 pm).

As above, no it wasn’t.
    The second service will operate all summer this year.

S7 plan to stick around on DUB-Moscow however they move the flights to a day service instead of an overnight and commence on 27 April (usually 3rd week in June).

11.05-13.40 (Sat)
    14.40-20.50 (Sat) ex DUB

Subject to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭HTCOne

AC to replace the B738M with A333 next summer, freq also down (4 to 3) but a good response to EI.

Mainline A333 also taking over YVR from Rouge, remains 4 x weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭LeakRate

Delta upgrading BOS to 763 next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Would imagine a quick amalgamation of services. No need for two airlines of the same now group to operate the same city pairing.

Ryanair announce Bodrum, Turkey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Advertisement