Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Shamrockj wrote: »
    Seattle is increased for next summer. It's going X5 a week. Great to see a route that only started 6 months ago already proving a success.

Must be where the reduction in MIA is being used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I picked up flights on Ryanair's new route to Bordeaux for €25 each way for next April. Great bargain.
    I also picked up flights to Munich for €25 each way for next May. Another great bargain.

Does anyone know if Ryanair will be extending it's routes in Austria with the purchase of Laudamotion Airlines? I am hoping that they have all year flights to Innsbruck and Salzburg. They have already started reducing flight costs in to Vienna.

Also any news on Aer Lingus increasing the use of it's A330 airbus routes in Europe? They would be great for Athens/Canaries/Sicily....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭VG31

Does anyone know if Ryanair will be extending it's routes in Austria with the purchase of Laudamotion Airlines? I am hoping that they have all year flights to Innsbruck and Salzburg. They have already started reducing flight costs in to Vienna.

I doubt there would be enough demand for a year-round flight to Innsbruck. As it is the winter flights are only 1x weekly. The only year-round destinations from Innsbruck this year are Vienna, Frankfurt, LHR, LGW and Amsterdam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Shamrockj wrote: »
    Seattle is increased next summer to x5 a week.

Just saw the SEA flight take off and was wondering how it was doing. Must be going well if that is the case. Take 1 off MIA and add it to SEA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Well, that explains the Miami reduction. Delighted to see Seattle doing so well, being able to provide so much capacity to the west coast is impressive when you consider it was completely abandoned less than a decade ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liiga

Dose anyone know how the Aeroflot route is doing out of Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

liiga wrote: »
    Dose anyone know how the Aeroflot route is doing out of Dublin?

Excellent. Full loads more or less all of Dec.
    Hard to judge at this time of year but loads look solid for the next few months.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Also any news on Aer Lingus increasing the use of it's A330 airbus routes in Europe? They would be great for Athens/Canaries/Sicily....
    No chance. EI have a tight window to use those A330s on during the Summer. So Malaga and Faro are the furthest they will operate to, those aircraft are required back for the evening US routes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭VG31

Have Flybe dropped SEN? It's not bookable after 30 March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

VG31 wrote: »
    Have Flybe dropped SEN? It's not bookable after 30 March.

Don't know but with Ryanair starting SEN in April it wouldn't be surprising.

• Advertisement

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Excellent. Full loads more or less all of Dec.
    Hard to judge at this time of year but loads look solid for the next few months.

Yea That great to hear :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Zagreb will be year round instead of just seasonal. Twice weekly during the winter

Any more news on rumour a few weeks back about easyjet starting Dublin-london gatwick in summer 2019

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Think someone confused DUS and DUB

Think someone confused DUS and DUB

Ok thank u for let me know ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Qatar in big business push as frequencies to be increased

https://www.independent.ie/business/qatar-in-big-business-push-as-frequencies-to-be-increased-37683571.html

Qatar to go double daily to Doha 4 days a week this summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

ongarboy wrote: »
    Qatar in big business push as frequencies to be increased

https://www.independent.ie/business/qatar-in-big-business-push-as-frequencies-to-be-increased-37683571.html

Qatar to go double daily to Doha 4 days a week this summer!

All 787?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

theguzman wrote: »
    All 787?

All 787 according to the article, and that they will look at introducing the A350 after that if there's demand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The Qatar 787 is nice but I would have my fingers crossed for a Q-Suites a350...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

The A350 is a sweet machine to fly on, never been on the 787 myself but lads I know who have; they much prefer the 777, A380 or A350, apparently it is fairly squashed in economy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Can't imagine there'd be much O&D demand for Doha? Assuming that there'd be a lot of connecting PAX? Is DUB becoming an LHR alternative?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

theguzman wrote: »
    The A350 is a sweet machine to fly on, never been on the 787 myself but lads I know who have; they much prefer the 777, A380 or A350, apparently it is fairly squashed in economy.

Personally the attraction of widebody Y class is the 2 seater option, it's nice to have a window seat and be able to pop in/out to the toilets relatively easily vs narrowbody 757s. Seems like the 787 is the worst of both worlds and I've unfortunately got to suffer the particularly poor BA 787 product this summer.

Personally love the 777 or A330 if you pick a seat at the point where the fuselage curves to the tail (typically row 40 or so), I tend to find I get a little more room from a window seat there, and they're usually only 2 seaters also. This assumes you aren't arsed about getting off the aircraft quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,436 ✭✭✭✭L1011

cson wrote: »
    Can't imagine there'd be much O&D demand for Doha? Assuming that there'd be a lot of connecting PAX? Is DUB becoming an LHR alternative?

It's connections over DOH not DUB that are important, so no LHR replacement going on. QR have a decent selection of unique destinations over the other one-stop options - they have narrowbodies which the others (bar TK) either don't have or have limited amounts of which open up smaller destinations close by, and even beyond that they have East Asian destinations the others don't

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭HTCOne

I’ve heard the location of the IFE boxunder the eco seats on the 787 forces taller people to sit at an angle, which results in genuine pain after a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

Have Aer Lingus dropped Copenhagen? Listed on their website but not able to book even months down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

sacamano wrote: »
    Have Aer Lingus dropped Copenhagen? Listed on their website but not able to book even months down the line.

Wasnt even aware they operated it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Think they only operated them as a once off.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/aer-lingus-announce-one-flights-11372391

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

Ah, thanks. You’d think they would update their website.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Dont think EI went there in 4-5 years. I can remember operating on the route when it started about 15+ years ago but it got dropped quick enough back then. I think its been tried 2-3 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

cson wrote: »

Etihad are down to 1x daily this year so Qatar possibly just capitalising on some of the slack, not all that much of a capacity increase on the Middle East overall. They also serve Perth which Etihad dropped, big transfer market from DUB

Advertisement