Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

A new starter-up airline, HiSky is to operate twice weekly flights between Dublin and Chisinau starting from April 11
    https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/hisky-a-new-moldavian-airline-startup-to-launch-its-flights-in-april-2020/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

dogcat wrote: »
    A new starter-up airline, HiSky is to operate twice weekly flights between Dublin and Chisinau starting from April 11
    https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/hisky-a-new-moldavian-airline-startup-to-launch-its-flights-in-april-2020/

Would appear to be a tour operator utilising a charter airline that is struggling to get its AOC in order.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HiSky

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

dogcat wrote: »

Porentially a 3rd airline on the route to Chisinau. Didn't realise it was that busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

passenger numbers up two percent in january, with this virus, I reckon numbers will be similar this year, to last year...

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/2020/03/02/more-than-2-million-passengers-in-january-at-dublin-airport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Idbatterim wrote: »
    passenger numbers up two percent in january, with this virus, I reckon numbers will be similar this year, to last year...

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/2020/03/02/more-than-2-million-passengers-in-january-at-dublin-airport

I expect a drop, they would do well to remain flat.

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    I expect a drop, they would do well to remain flat.

yeah that is more likely, between brexit, now this virus, the boeing issues... Challenging times for aviation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Eastern confirm they intend to operate SOU-DUB service in due course. Not sure they are the right carrier.

https://www.easternairways.com/news/72/eastern-airways-holds-off-planned-new-route-announcements

there isnt currently a dublin to southampton route is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

Idbatterim wrote: »
    there isnt currently a dublin to southampton route is there?

There was, with Flybe. But alas, they’re gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,426 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Eastern confirm they intend to operate SOU-DUB service in due course. Not sure they are the right carrier.

https://www.easternairways.com/news/72/eastern-airways-holds-off-planned-new-route-announcements

Once they use an EJet, and get EI code share like FlyBE had it should be OK.

If they start putting Jetstreams on it it'll get a few posters here taking it for the oddity, and normal passengers taking it once and never again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Hey everyone.
    Could somebody tell me if the Aer Lingus lounge in T2 does a Irish breakfast ?Have an early flight to Bilbao . I have only ever used the lounge on a afternoon/evening flight before.

I flew early to New York and 51st Green if I recall had small buffet style. Sausages , bacaon etc. Wasn't the best mind!

Is there actual anywhere in the T1 or T2 that does a decent Irish breakfast?
    Have yet to find one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Is there actual anywhere in the T1 or T2 that does a decent Irish breakfast?
    Have yet to find one.

Think I know the answer to this question, but am also interested to know. Amd PLEASE don't anyone say The Garden Terrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Think I know the answer to this question, but am also interested to know. Amd PLEASE don't anyone say The Garden Terrace.

Is that the airside cafe in T2 overlooking the Shops and Bars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Is that the airside cafe in T2 overlooking the Shops and Bars?

No it in T1 upstairs beside Burger King. Always liked the food out of there tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Delta A350 due into Dublin tomorrow morning, cargo only, from Salt Lake City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

No it in T1 upstairs beside Burger King. Always liked the food out of there tbh.

Correct SC on it's location, and TBH, in comparison to BK, it IS paradise. But in all honesty the system they operate ( specially when flying solo ) is a bummer. Also they certainly are anything but cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Correct SC on it's location, and TBH, in comparison to BK, it IS paradise. But in all honesty the system they operate ( specially when flying solo ) is a bummer. Also they certainly are anything but cheap.

I was getting staff discount the last few times I was in there so not too sure what proper prices are like. And yes I can defiantly understand the difficulties solo travellers and anyone taking their lunch on there own might face.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

EchoIndia wrote: »

A second A359 scheduled in from Detroit tomorrow also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭Jacovs

marno21 wrote: »
    A second A359 scheduled in from Detroit tomorrow also

Its the same one. Going SLC - DTW - DUB. Just landing in DTW now from SLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

Jacovs wrote: »
    Its the same one. Going SLC - DTW - DUB. Just landing in DTW now from SLC.

Flight number or what time it's due into Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EI321

Kev11491 wrote: »
    Flight number or what time it's due into Dublin?

Due in 21:28 tonight apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭Jacovs

DL8834 estimated in 2130. Could change again.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭LeakRate

I believe there will be 2 Delta a350s this week, one this evening, departing tomorrow, and another arrival Wednesday morning, dept Thursday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

EchoIndia wrote: »
    I'd love if this was a route, save having to connect through somewhere in the US everytime we've to go visit family. One can dream!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

LeakRate wrote: »
    I believe there will be 2 Delta a350s this week, one this evening, departing tomorrow, and another arrival Wednesday morning, dept Thursday morning.

Due at 2304 at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Noxegon

kmart6 wrote: »
    I'd love if this was a route, save having to connect through somewhere in the US everytime we've to go visit family. One can dream!

At the rate we're going you'll be lucky to only have to connect in one place to make that trip :)

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

kmart6 wrote: »

It originated in Salt Lake City.
    DL8834, SLC-DTW last night, then DTW-DUB today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Tenger wrote: »

Was supposed to be direct,but they had issue with crew so it went to DTW first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Noxegon wrote: »
    At the rate we're going you'll be lucky to only have to connect in one place to make that trip :)

Ah I don't think it will get that bad!
    Tenger wrote: »

As A320 said it was due to be direct. I saw the posts above saying it had stopped in DTW before I posted, was just commenting how SLC - DUB - SLC would be a hugely beneficial direct flight for me, as much and all as I know it will never happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The next Delta A350 is due tomorrow from ATL. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8836

Advertisement