Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Agreed, but doesn't anyone landing in Dublin/Ireland have to go straight into 14 days quarantine?

At the moment, and hopefully it will change for flights from high risk areas, the quarantine is not mandatory, it is only advisory. The problem with people passing through will be that they may not as such come landside, where the advice is being given at the moment, and in the same way as the emergency legislation cannot be applied to residents of the North, the same issue will apply to non residents arriving by air, if they don't have a place of residence in Ireland, the present regulations cannot be applied to them.

Also while I can understand ( to a degree) the UK'S reasoning behind Us not having to go into 14 days quarantine ( surely it's because of the border up north? ) what is the thinking behind France also being excused from the 14 day isolation?

I suspect that the reality is that there is no easy way to enforce this, given the number of routes that come into the UK from France, both ferry and the tunnel, to stop every Eurostar and enforce quarantine would effectively shut them down, which would have all sorts of legal implications, unless they also enforce the same rules on the ferries.

It does seem a strange decision, but that could be said of a number of recent UK decisions.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

thebiglad wrote: »
    Some fudge around the channel tunnel/Eurostar - there is no other logical reason.

Have to agree with You. But surely it is easy to stop passengers and cars using both the tunnel and the ferries? I know Freight MUST keep moving, but the remainder? Surely easily blocked?

Or not?

At the moment, and hopefully it will change for flights from high risk areas, the quarantine is not mandatory, it is only advisory. The problem with people passing through will be that they may not as such come landside, where the advice is being given at the moment, and in the same way as the emergency legislation cannot be applied to residents of the North, the same issue will apply to non residents arriving by air, if they don't have a place of residence in Ireland, the present regulations cannot be applied to them.

I suspect that the reality is that there is no easy way to enforce this, given the number of routes that come into the UK from France, both ferry and the tunnel, to stop every Eurostar and enforce quarantine would effectively shut them down, which would have all sorts of legal implications, unless they also enforce the same rules on the ferries.

It does seem a strange decision, but that could be said of a number of recent UK decisions.

Not doubting You IS, but isn't this exactly what has happened to the airlines, albeit caused by people not flying moreso that governments shutting them down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Agreed, but doesn't anyone landing in Dublin/Ireland have to go straight into 14 days quarantine?

Also while I can understand ( to a degree) the UK'S reasoning behind Us not having to go into 14 days quarantine ( surely it's because of the border up north? ) what is the thinking behind France also being excused from the 14 day isolation?
    thebiglad wrote: »
    Some fudge around the channel tunnel/Eurostar - there is no other logical reason.

The narrative coming from UK FCO is that it was a quid pro quo for France including the UK in it's non-quarantine list.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

IMG_20200513_154829_789.jpgAirport within my 5km so did a brief stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

Kev11491 wrote: »
    IMG_20200513_154829_789.jpgAirport within my 5km so did a brief stop.

And qatar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

What AA routes are still operating? PHL/ORD/DFW?

Assume its cargo only too?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

cson wrote: »
    What AA routes are still operating? PHL/ORD/DFW?

Assume its cargo only too?

Only scheduled TA flights are the 3 by EI.
    I think Delta had a couple of ad hoc freighter flights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Tenger wrote: »
    Only scheduled TA flights are the 3 by EI.
    I think Delta had a couple of ad hoc freighter flights.

Saw AA on the way to DFW on flightradar24 this evening. Not a scheduled flight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Jacovs

AA come in every tuesday and depart every wednesday, 777 to and from DFW, cargo only.

UA come in every wednesday, friday and sunday from IAD with a 789, cargo only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

TAP winter schedules indicate a night stopper 3 days a week (Mo, Thu, Sat night) with departure to LIS at 05.00 (Tu, Fri, Su). Schedule is a bit all over the place with 1, 2 or 3 flights per day.

Not sure about hub at LIS but guess an 07.40 arrival benefit passengers transiting to N America more than S America. The evening ex LIS is 19.55-22.40. Mix of E Jet and Airbus.

I'm sure a lot will change between now and then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

What did Matt Damon leave on this morning?

He's gone? :eek:

Saw a Global 6000 heading out from DUB over the Atlantic on FR24 around 09:00 this morning. Maybe that was him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    He's gone? :eek:

Saw a Global 6000 heading out from DUB over the Atlantic on FR24 around 09:00 this morning. Maybe that was him?

Or the Aer Lingus flight to Boston

Van.Bosch wrote: »

I guess if he'll carry his togs and towel in a SuperValu bag then he'll fly scheduled too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,329 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The immersion?

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭john boye

I'd assume that the producers of the movie he was working on here would make sure he flew private at the best of times, never mind during a pandemic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

The immersion?

Why would he could back now? Its classic slow burn Bourne, remember the house in Munich with the gas and toaster...

Wonder will EI get a social media thing going, they had great fun with Kevin Spacey and House of Cards back in the day.

Van.Bosch wrote: »

News reports said he went through signature and on to a private aircraft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Air Baltic to have announced a new route to Vilnius commencing 16 June operating twice weekly (Tue, Sat)

Route was operated before by them.

https://www.airbaltic.com/lt/airbaltic-plans-to-launch-flights-from-vilnius-to-london-dublin-and-dubrovnik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Air Baltic to have announced a new route to Vilnius commencing 16 June operating twice weekly (Tue, Sat)

Route was operated before by them.

https://www.airbaltic.com/lt/airbaltic-plans-to-launch-flights-from-vilnius-to-london-dublin-and-dubrovnik

Shocked anyone is trying anything new in the era - fair play to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Great airline and destination, I've long hoped for airBaltic's return on both Riga and Vilnius to bring some welcome competition to Ryanair. I hope they can make it work.

Unfortunately their wider expansion strategy looked a little overambitious before the pandemic, but now it just looks insane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,425 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Government behind them, as long as it keeps being able to find cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Would anyone have a guess at Cathay Pacific returning to Dublin soon?

im potentially due to fly mid august with a connection in hong kong to Thailand

fitzparker wrote: »

Hi

Mind me asking how much You paid for the Dublin/HK/BKK ( I assume ) flight? We were flying at least twice a year ( My Wife is from BKK ) & usually found the best and most decent price with Qatar.

Hope Your HK flight is back on in time for Your trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Hi

Mind me asking how much You paid for the Dublin/HK/BKK ( I assume ) flight? We were flying at least twice a year ( My Wife is from BKK ) & usually found the best and most decent price with Qatar.

Hope Your HK flight is back on in time for Your trip.

Thanks. PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Terence Rattigan

fitzparker wrote: »

Very unlikely we`ll see them back before 2021

Very unlikely we`ll see them back before 2021

But you don't know that for certain?

Not to rain on your parade but it would be nice to get a go/no go from the airline or a credible source if people are planning to fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Terence Rattigan

But you don't know that for certain?

Not to rain on your parade but it would be nice to get a go/no go from the airline or a credible source if people are planning to fly.

You asked me to guess :)

I dont know for certain but I`m in the cargo industry. They were supposed to be year round, but pulled off the route in November even before the covid $hit hit the fan. They just got bailed out by HKG government. They were due to resume in July. I have heard nothing on the cargo grapevine about a resumption anytime soon

• Advertisement

If I was sending something to the US by Fedex, does it go from Dublin to CDG and then on to the US or somewhere else? What are the arrival/departure for the Fedex 767?

Advertisement