Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction studies/ DCG

Options
  • 26-06-2017 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Is Construction studies a subject you can do outside school or do you have to have done it in school with projects etc under the supervision of a teacher?
    Where can I find the curriculum for it?

I would like to ask the same question in relation to Design Computer Graphics please. ( Formerly known as technical drawing? )

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

juneg wrote: »
    Is Construction studies a subject you can do outside school or do you have to have done it in school with projects etc under the supervision of a teacher?
    Where can I find the curriculum for it?

I would like to ask the same question in relation to Design Computer Graphics please. ( Formerly known as technical drawing? )

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

Both subjects have projects that must be done under the supervision of a teacher and signed off by the school at the end. DCG 40% Construction 25%

Construction studies also has a day practical exam that takes place in school on a particular day for 4 hours worth 25%

You will find the curriculum on education.ie under publications heading on the left hand side and then syllabus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It must be done in school. I believe there's even a stipulation that the project can't be worked on at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dg647

Yes, all of the work on the projects must be done in school, under teacher supervision. The teacher must sign a form stating that the project was completed by the candidate in school.

Advertisement