Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best vehicle

• 26-06-2017 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

Any views on best / favourite mid size in use - Mondeo/Insignia/i40 , or all similar and reliable ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭leinsterjack

Capri wrote: »
    Any views on best / favourite mid size in use - Mondeo/Insignia/i40 , or all similar and reliable ?

Dead honest - all three are not effective for RPU (Traffic Corps). Not fit for the purpose of the role they wish to complete.

Mondeo and Insignia good for main car.

Don't like the i40 personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Parapara2017

I suppose cost is a big reason, but why don't have faster emergency vehicles?

Eg Ford Focus RS (Even the ford ST lines) Audi S/R lines etc.

Hot hatches seem like a great car for rapid response. / non normal patrol duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dean bride

Honda are OK I have one last 5years
    Mondeo the value fall quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

I know the lads on some RSU units don't like the BMW 5 series now they ordered more but upgraded

Mondeo is the best for the job that they will buy to be fair

Garda cars aren't sold after they are destroy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭ratracer

POGAN wrote: »
    I know the lads on some RSU units don't like the BMW 5 series now they ordered more but upgraded

Mondeo is the best for the job that they will buy to be fair

Is it that they don't like the 5 series or they prefer the Q7's for the job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

ratracer wrote: »

Yes they prefer the Audi

They have order some 535s 4x4 BMW to replace the last few cars that need it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

POGAN wrote: »

Merlin and Wilson regularly auctioned ex Garda cars in the past, but since the mileage limits were increased this has more or less ceased.

However from time to time the high profile ministerial cars are sold via Wilsons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

ratracer wrote: »

Have seen a couple of times with traffic cops in the UK pass remark on how cumbersome the f10 5 series are for pursuing around urban areas. Would assume this to be a comparison to the older and lighter V70s.

Curious as to what the q7 has over the 5 series though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭ratracer

Have seen a couple of times with traffic cops in the UK pass remark on how cumbersome the f10 5 series are for pursuing around urban areas. Would assume this to be a comparison to the older and lighter V70s.

Curious as to what the q7 has over the 5 series though.

When I asked lads in the RSU about it before, they felt the Q7 offered so much more space and comfort. That was before the 5 series came into service, so I'd imagine it feels small compared to the Q7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

With the amount of gear in the boot of a Q7 and when you look at it weighed down would it not handle like a pig on skates especially in high pursuit?

• Advertisement
Advertisement