Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullying at after school activities

Options
  • 26-06-2017 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice.
    There is an after school club at my daughter's school. Over the past 3 weeks, 3 different children have been hit by 1 other child, today in culminated in 1 child being slapped across the face and arm and having 3 cuts in their leg where the other child had dug their nails in and dragged.
    As it is an after school activity, on school grounds, and it organised by the school, do the parents talk to the organisation that runs the club or do they go directly to the school.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

hairyslug wrote: »
    Looking for some advice.
    There is an after school club at my daughter's school. Over the past 3 weeks, 3 different children have been hit by 1 other child, today in culminated in 1 child being slapped across the face and arm and having 3 cuts in their leg where the other child had dug their nails in and dragged.
    As it is an after school activity, on school grounds, and it organised by the school, do the parents talk to the organisation that runs the club or do they go directly to the school.

Organisation that runs the club is the one with responsibility I would think
    Although you say it was 'organised' by the school too so it's a bit unclear.

Start with the school anyway... and you'll find they'll probably pass you straight on to the group running it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I would talk to both. The Organisation is the one who should handle the complaint but I think the School should be aware of what is happening on their grounds and put pressure on the organisation to handle this effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Surely you just talk to the adults running the group who were present at the time of the incidents.

Advertisement