Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installed free Windows 10 "pro" - can I licence home?

Options
  • 26-06-2017 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

So i downloaded the windows 10 software from the microsoft website and installed it on my PC. I want to activate it and pay for it. the only problem is that I initially installed windows pro, and i want to licence and install windows home.

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall windows home? Do i lose the data on my disks if I do so? Some of my data is on a HDD - windows installed on SSD.

Is there an easy way to activate windows home?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You need a key to match the version, so you will have to reinstall to use the home key.

Win10 works forever without any real issue without being activated. The worst you get is a watermark in the bottom right corner, but little else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Also the watermark randomly disappears when you full-screen a game.

Advertisement