Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edenmore dublin

Options
  • 26-06-2017 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All, We are looking at buying a house on springdale road in Edenmore/Raheny close to the hospital. We don't know much about the area so we are wondering if anyone who knows the areas could give their opinion on buying here. Are we likely to have trouble and what are the schools like?

any advice would really be appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Fine for the most part with access to some excellent schools (so I'm told). You are going to have the odd asshat living in the area but where I am which isn't far, I'm found the vast majority of people to be extremely nice, well behaved kids and I have fantastic neigbours. I suggest walking around and driving around the area at various times.

Settled working class area of Dublin, with excellent facilities and good(ish) value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Also do a search in the Dublin City forum, or on google, you'll find similar threads discussing Edenmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

The road can be a bit busy, particularly near the hospital as you are also near the National school and the DART station. The area around Lough Derg road (the small estate just off the road, opposite Jennings) is a common pick up point from the DART station.

It is very much a quiet road in terms of neighbours etc. The DART line is a blessing, you can be in the city at Connolly/Tara st/Pearse st in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Grew up close to there. The area houses largely an ageing population, in line with the build age of most of the properties. You're relatively close to the DART and good bus services/ schools in Raheny village. In fact, most of the best amenities are in that neck of the woods, Edenmore less so.

Certainly it would've been a bit more 'lively' back in the 80's and 90's, definitely quieter these days.

Advertisement