Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Club 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

yes I'm hoorhouse on PS4. No premium club, we'll have to build it up by being WINNERS

The best way to do it.

Just letting ye all know from my experience playing TGC 1............. I cannot putt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Joined the PS4 society

I am absolutely ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

joined there.......Im ****e......... drink and golf do not mix..:D

How the hell do you hit it straight

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just played the tutorial and had a look at the character customisation. Tutorial went a lot better than expected. I have 2500 coins with the day one DLC installed, is that normal? Doesn't say how much I'm supposed to get.

I read some people have straighter shots when they deal to the left stick, worth a go.

• Advertisement

First round 125, 53 over par.

This is way too realistic to my real golfing skills.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished my first event (4 rounds) at 28 over. Still going to switch to the harder clubs, as it's mainly my putting and mid range chipping that lets me down.

Club is looking spiffy Jericho, nice one. Had my first go at the game, said I'd try the course you picked for the tourney, knoll down, or something. Course difficulty = Hardest. Okay then.

I forgot to take a video of my first hole but it went EXACTLY like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im definitly watching happy gilmore later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Club is looking spiffy Jericho, nice one. Had my first go at the game, said I'd try the course you picked for the tourney, knoll down, or something. Course difficulty = Hardest. Okay then.

I forgot to take a video of my first hole but it went EXACTLY like this.

Yeah, didn't actually see the difficulty. Don't worry the Roger Moore Memorial Cup on Sunday will be much easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Must resist temptation, didn't like first one

Liamalone wrote: »
    Must resist temptation, didn't like first one

Give in, its way better....:D

Setup a pc society there, as they don't seem to be cross platform. Boards Inaugural cup setup, and i shot a whipping +49 after two rounds (+23 after 6 holes you ****** :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Glebee wrote: »
    Give in, its way better....:D

My imiginary child needs nappies though. I need golf though.

Funny thing is, I don't even like golf. Love golf games though.

Though

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

just played first round there in the boards society, this putting thing is killing me 66 over

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Kiith wrote: »
    Setup a pc society there, as they don't seem to be cross platform. Boards Inaugural cup setup, and i shot a whipping +49 after two rounds (+23 after 6 holes you ****** :P)

Beat you by 1 stroke. :cool: +48 for me. :o

I couldn't get to grips with that course at all, the greens were tough!

The greens are like ice......

Yeah that's a horrible course to start off with. Tomorrows should be fine.

Shame you can't have more than 1 tournament on the go at the same time

I only realised that after i created the 2nd one. Would have made the first one longer if i'd known.

As for course choice, it was pretty random. Greens were bloody awful though.

I only realised that after i created the 2nd one. Would have made the first one longer if i'd known.

I thought you meant the Knoll Down one I chose, forgot you were the President of the PC club.

• Advertisement

If you slip past the hole at all it can go for miles.... Gamepad has nearly gone out the window a few times.

Been noticing some big problems. On the backswing there's a slight jutter that complete ruins your shot. Happens to me when putting. They better fix that quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Picked it up for ps4 just there lads. Add me markcahill1985 patch downloading and I'll be on then.

Been noticing some big problems. On the backswing there's a slight jutter that complete ruins your shot. Happens to me when putting. They better fix that quick.

I saw on another forum, someone said to downgrade the graphics in the options, see if that fixes the stutter which can wreck shots.

Also, when is the ps4 society tourney finished. Do I have about time to put in a score tonight?

Agreed as well, you should be able to have a few tourneys on the go at the same time.

I'm +11 on hole 6. Will cool off and finish it later tonight. I bought this because I thought it would be relaxing but the controller is on its way through the telly. Between the ice greens and slopes and bumps, might as well be putting in a bouncy castle. The snarky commentator doesn't help "ooohhh the grass is supposed to get shorter not longer". Well jokes on you idiot, I'm actually in the bunker :(

Game is great though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm +11 on hole 6. Will cool off and finish it later tonight. I bought this because I thought it would be relaxing but the controller is on its way through the telly. Between the ice greens and slopes and bumps, might as well be putting in a bouncy castle. The snarky commentator doesn't help "ooohhh the grass is supposed to get shorter not longer". Well jokes on you idiot, I'm actually in the bunker :(

Game is great though :pac:

when playing I have Itunes on...........

Jaysus lads those greens😣😣 First round finished 30 over

Jaysus lads those greens😣😣 First round finished 30 over

Yupp...

Join the boards society if you haven't yet so we can all be equally **** except for a couple who seem to be very handy at it. It's called Boards.ie

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Join the boards society if you haven't yet so we can all be equally **** except for a couple who seem to be very handy at it. It's called Boards.ie

Joined there alright. Yupp 3 or 4 of us look like we be in same boat. At least the other courses don't seem like they're made of ice! Hopefully we'll get a bit if use out of it.

• Advertisement

I heard the single player career mode is a great starting point as it puts you on the easiest courses first to build you up. Haven't tried it yet but will after I finish the tourney.

I find the menu music extremely relaxing.

Advertisement