Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Club 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    How long does each event last for?

Trying to work out a schedule here.

Yeah same as me, a day might be too short but a week might be too long unless it has multiple rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah same as me, a day might be too short but a week might be too long unless it has multiple rounds.

If it's multiple rounds it should be over at least two days. I think 3 days would be a decent time frame to give everyone a chance to get through it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Could make the weekend ones fri-sunday. 4 rounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Found a boards.ie and i had to request to join

Xbox One society should be public now. Threw up a test tournament, one round just, open today and tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can anyone create events? I created the Boards society on the pc, but haven't been able to play in a few days. If i need to change it to allow anyone to create events, just let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Kiith wrote: »
    Can anyone create events? I created the Boards society on the pc, but haven't been able to play in a few days. If i need to change it to allow anyone to create events, just let me know.

Had a look yesterday, I think only El Presidente can create events.
    If its not that way I could not figure it out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bah, i'll be on tonight and will create a bunch of them for the next few days anyway. Maybe i can find a way to allow others to create some as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads it sounds like it's pretty much the same game as the Golf Club 1, same kind of frustrations with putting etc, has anyone who owned and played the original think it's more of the same?

Could make the weekend ones fri-sunday. 4 rounds?

Yupp sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Well done AZ on winning the Roger Moore Cup with -4. How much money did you win?

Good round lads. 13 players was a good number!

Cheers. I'm not fully sure what I won! I can't find it anywhere in the society but think it was about 800/900? Not sure though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Lads it sounds like it's pretty much the same game as the Golf Club 1, same kind of frustrations with putting etc, has anyone who owned and played the original think it's more of the same?

I find the game much more enjoyable than the first, especially playing with Tour clubs. The putting is similar to the first, many are finding it more difficult but I think it's easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Jesus the wait times in the menus are atrocious today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Is the current tournament a 4 rounder?

Was really happy when i finished 2nd with -9.

Pressed continue, now the target is -21 :(

Edit: Its a 2 rounder

Was put off by the target of -21

Put in a -13 round to lead on -22

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's a quick course so 2 rounds. Weekend will be a big 4 rounder

It's a quick course so 2 rounds. Weekend will be a big 4 rounder

Was a nice course. Just gotta get used to the slow putts

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Was put off by the target of -21

Put in a -13 round to lead on -22

:)

Scrap that.

Bit of advice on PS4

If you lose conection then do not follow the instructions of reconnecting off the main menu.

Dashboard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Liamalone wrote: »
    Xbox One society should be public now. Threw up a test tournament, one round just, open today and tomorrow.

But on the leaderboard its showing as -4?

Also showing one player playing 2 rounds?

Edit: when i back out and go to tournament again it says begin round one and my score is not on leaderboard at all

But on the leaderboard its showing as -4 thru 13?

Also showing one player playing 2 rounds?

Edit: when i back out and go to tournament again it says begin round one and my score is not on leaderboard at all

So played again as it let me. Shot 59 -11 but shows up as only -8 thru 14 holes.
    When i back out now to tournament home screen it shows me as first place.

Obviously some sort of bug.

I done that with standard clubs. Just switched to tour clubs

I levelled up society. Should i keep doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

So played again as it let me. Shot 59 -11 but shows up as only -8 thru 14 holes.

There's a score of - 11 leading atm, with five other completed rounds behind.

I would say level away at the society, I must look into how it works properly

Edit: I'm noticing that one golfer has two rounds, different scores, on the leader board. Plenty of bugs afoot I think.

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »
    There's a score of - 11 leading atm, with five other completed rounds behind.

I would say level away at the society, I must look into how it works properly

Thats me. Must have worked. Yeah ill bash away at it. Not sure how game works myself. The career thing just asks you to pick a course i think

• Registered Users Posts: 36 appoireland

Seems to be a delay of 15 minutes or along those lines. I played the tourney last night and could see one player on the 11th through about 6 holes for me, suddenly on the 14th after another 6. My score was not showing up on the leaderboard through the 18 but as soon as I was finished it was up showing the completed round. Ended up -8 after nailing a 31 foot birdie on the last. Using Medium clubs at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

What are people take on this so far?? There is defo a very decent golf game in there. If you start with the easy courses and build up your skill the harder courses do get easier. the greens on the hardest courses are a killer though.
    Pars and birdies are easy enough get on the easy starter courses.

I never even saw the Timothy Dalton cup yesterday, raging. Said no events today but when I went into future events, I saw I can pick atropine cup. Played 1st round. Finished at -12 for first place but I'm not showing up on the leaderboard. My score better have registered!!

Hey PS4 lads would it be a good idea to make a group chat on PS4?

Could be handy for playing rounds together online.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 appoireland

Glebee wrote: »
    What are people take on this so far?? There is defo a very decent golf game in there. If you start with the easy courses and build up your skill the harder courses do get easier. the greens on the hardest courses are a killer though.
    Pars and birdies are easy enough get on the easy starter courses.

I'm loving it so far in the sense that if you miss a fairway or green, it's solely down to you. I'm playing using medium clubs and I notice that if I haven't got the follow through dead straight there is a definite shift on the ball in that direction in the air so it's even more gratifying to actually nail a shot within feet of the pin.

I've been playing the easier courses in career and best round score posted yet is -9, only once finished over par at +1 but definitely recommend mixing up the courses depending on the setup. Tried the Pro Am society tournament last night and my first time on fast greens and depsite being listed as easy, went from -3 to +2 while putting for par :eek:

2nd round was crap for me, finished event at -17, Rossi ya bollox at -18! Cahir and barter leading at -21.

Seems to be a delay of 15 minutes or along those lines. I played the tourney last night and could see one player on the 11th through about 6 holes for me, suddenly on the 14th after another 6. My score was not showing up on the leaderboard through the 18 but as soon as I was finished it was up showing the completed round. Ended up -8 after nailing a 31 foot birdie on the last. Using Medium clubs at the moment.

Yeah i noticed that delay but i still had 2 scores on leaderboard.

I switched to tour clubs and they leave no room for error so on career i set difficulty on medium

Couple of things i cant seem to get right is long putts - 30ft+ i always seem to leave it short about half the distance i want. Same for a chip shot around green that i dont want to hit full power

2nd round was crap for me, finished event at -17, Rossi ya bollox at -18! Cahir and barter leading at -21.

Did finish on -22 but got shafted by the servers.

Ill get that chat set up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

The chat is a good idea.

Advertisement