Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Club 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

If ye want to send me a f request on psn (Rossi-IRL) and ill add ye to it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't get home to late last night, so didn't get a chance to setup any more pc events. Will do that tonight though, and will setup a few weeks worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

There's definitely an issue with the game registering scores.

I did the T Dalton a couple of nights ago, and was -14 after two rounds.

I went on last night and my score wasn't there so had to do it again, and finished -21. Not sure what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

€29.99 on Littlewoods IE for the PS4 or Xbox One version :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The 20 Major, Major is up a day early, was sure I said the 7th but what can you do. Nice course, but greens are a little annoying. Not as bad as Knoll Down so be careful putting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Ive switched back to player clubs as even when i managed to hit the ball perfectly with tour clubs it still was not going where it should. I will have to increase difficulty.

Ive ranked up the xbox society to level 8 ( not sure if anyone else has helped)

Commentator says iron weird and it's starting to irritate me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Tried tour and player clubs last night. There endeth my patience lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

My ps4 gamertag.

BAZ171075

Ferl free to add me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 appoireland

Ive switched back to player clubs as even when i managed to hit the ball perfectly with tour clubs it still was not going where it should. I will have to increase difficulty.

Ive ranked up the xbox society to level 8 ( not sure if anyone else has helped)

Commentator says iron weird and it's starting to irritate me

Xbox Society was still showing as level 1 for me last night (Couldn't actually find out how to level it up !), could it be restricted to just the player?

Ah the commentator, the single reason I turn the volume off and blast Spotify out of it!!

Tried the Pro-Am society competition last night. 4 rounds on Yuma, finished 64, 64, 61 and screwed up the final round with a 67 to finish (at that point) T-24th, mind you the leader was on -57!!! Handicap was jumped from +1.7 to almost 4, will be fun when Handicap comes into play!!!

Xbox Society was still showing as level 1 for me last night (Couldn't actually find out how to level it up !), could it be restricted to just the player?

Ah the commentator, the single reason I turn the volume off and blast Spotify out of it!!

Tried the Pro-Am society competition last night. 4 rounds on Yuma, finished 64, 64, 61 and screwed up the final round with a 67 to finish (at that point) T-24th, mind you the leader was on -57!!! Handicap was jumped from +1.7 to almost 4, will be fun when Handicap comes into play!!!

U could be right about society but i thought we all level it up to make it better ( fyi i think i level it up thru career menu)

Where do i find tournament against other players?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's a few events on the pc society now.

Is it possible to allow other people to create events? Seems like there should be an option for that.

U could be right about society but i thought we all level it up to make it better ( fyi i think i level it up thru career menu)

Where do i find tournament against other players?

Ah, the career one is your own one, I have mine at level 5 :)

If you go to join society's, select official society's and there's 5 I believe which are handicap dependant. I've signed up for 2, one is -10 to +5 and the Pro-Am is Scratch to +10. They have tournaments on every few days, I checked the schedule for the Pro Am and the one for today and tomorrow is a 2 round tournament. You need to join the society to enter them but you can set your home society to the Boards one.

Game has some serious issues with saving rounds. I finshed my 2nd round of the 20 major last night, and now I have to play it all over again.

And that's where I have to play from.

-15 on the testy two cup fair play appo. What clubs are you using

Struggling to stay even par here

-15 on the testy two cup fair play appo. What clubs are you using

Struggling to stay even par here

Thanks man, a perfect storm that first round was just everything came off. Second round however finished with 71!!! 😳

Using Medium clubs.

Thanks man, a perfect storm that first round was just everything came off. Second round however finished with 71!!! 😳

Using Medium clubs.

I struggled to even par in first round. I think your 13 shot lead should see you home.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Game has some serious issues with saving rounds. I finshed my 2nd round of the 20 major last night, and now I have to play it all over again.

And that's where I have to play from.

I had the same issue in a different society's event yesterday. There was a similar kind of issue with the first game when it first came out so hopefully they get it sorted shortly because it's a really frustrating bug!

Ah, the career one is your own one, I have mine at level 5 :)

If you go to join society's, select official society's and there's 5 I believe which are handicap dependant. I've signed up for 2, one is -10 to +5 and the Pro-Am is Scratch to +10. They have tournaments on every few days, I checked the schedule for the Pro Am and the one for today and tomorrow is a 2 round tournament. You need to join the society to enter them but you can set your home society to the Boards one.

Sorry if im being a pain here

If i join those societies to olay tournaments does that boost up the boards society?

Can you use any clubs in these things? I presume most are using easiest club and racking up a huge score? I can do that aswell if it helps im using Medium at the min.

Its amazing how the ball never stops past the hole but if ya land before it stops dead. My ball also seems to always manage to have the legs to get into a hazard but never enough to just avoid it altogether.

As you can gather im slightly frustrated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Im also using the medium setting. Its certainly a bit more challenging.

Does playing on the higher difficultys offer any additional rewards? Like extra distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Im also using the medium setting. Its certainly a bit more challenging.

Does playing on the higher difficultys offer any additional rewards? Like extra distance?

Yeah clubs go further and irons/wedges stop faster on the green.

The driver for tour clubs carries 279 whereas the player clubs driver only goes 265.

The extra distance is offset by how tough it is to hit it straight though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just got a PS4 error CE-34878-0 also I was winning on a course in careeer mode and on the 18th first it planted me in front of a bush then each attempt to put it skewed my shot right 3 times making me loose the tournament

Sorry if im being a pain here

If i join those societies to olay tournaments does that boost up the boards society?

Can you use any clubs in these things? I presume most are using easiest club and racking up a huge score? I can do that aswell if it helps im using Medium at the min.

Its amazing how the ball never stops past the hole but if ya land before it stops dead. My ball also seems to always manage to have the legs to get into a hazard but never enough to just avoid it altogether.

As you can gather im slightly frustrated

I don't think it makes any difference to the boards society, at least none I've noticed yet.

Ive stuck on medium since the start and haven't tried to change yet but I presume you can change them at any time outside a round. The society's are based on you handicap.

I'm the opposite, I've had very few instances of the ball stopping right at the hole (happened all the time in the original!) But generally go a few feet past. As for hazards, it does make a difference with the club's if you don't use a full swing for maximum distance and account for the wind also.

It is frustrating, but one of the reasons I'm loving it so much so far, when I manage to pull it off it is so gratifying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Anyone found anywhere other than steam to buy this on PC? Haven't paid €40 for a game in a long, long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Julez wrote: »
    Anyone found anywhere other than steam to buy this on PC? Haven't paid €40 for a game in a long, long time.

This is where I picked it up. Cant see it on any other sites.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/the-golf-club-ii/community

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Any chance of some more events on the ps4 society?

Full Marx wrote: »
    Any chance of some more events on the ps4 society?

Was meant to stick some up today. Forgot. I'll do it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

really loving this game, its really chilled compared to other games I play (pubg)

Finding it very difficult though, although I seem to be getting better at it very slowly though haha

very first round of 18 I played I went like +56 hahahaha

Ive put about 11 hours into it since then, in the last 6 rounds I reckon I average about +10 a round, got a +2 for one round which felt great.

Find putting really difficult to judge sometimes, takes me an average of 1.57 shots apparently to pot a ball once it lands in the green.

Also finding it hard to place to ball close to the hole specially in hard windy conditions, sometimes I judge it perfectly and others I miss it by miles and the carry on the ball sends it into the tougher green or even worse the sand.

Still enjoying it though, nice game to have a few cans and chill out playing too.

Tournament up for today now. Anyone know if there's a way to make members as admins?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

anyone playing this on PC. can you use a keyboard / mouse or do you need a gaming pad?

• Advertisement

Can use a mouse, but Xbox controller would be better I reckon

Advertisement