Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Club 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

can you hook at xbox controller up to PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

jrby wrote: »
    can you hook at xbox controller up to PC?

If it's wired you can, if not you may a dongle thing. XBOX One I think connect with bluetooth. could be wrong

PS4 controller would work too

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

just searched it, and I guess you can, never thought to do so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

My PS4 version has arrived from Littlewoods!
    Must give this a go later on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

jrby wrote: »
    anyone playing this on PC. can you use a keyboard / mouse or do you need a gaming pad?

Started out using keyboard and mouse but found it impossible.
    Switched to gamepad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

+26 on my first 18 in the game :pac:

It's the damn greens, so hard to read and like glass!

Ah well, practice makes perfect :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

My God, I was -1 on the last hole in todays tournament, and the God damn putting glitch reared it's ugly head. Getting better at approach shots now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 appoireland

Had a go with Tour clubs for the first time at Yuma yesterday. Finished -13!! :eek:

The greens on this are driving me batty, you just trickly past the hole but what ever gravity is on the planet that the golf course is located drags it about 15-20 ft away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

The whole game is driving me batty! Bad lighting on greens is especially annoying.

I'm no golfer but I learned previously that green elevation matters but earlier I was 36ft below the hole, 74yds away and club carry was 75yds and wind slightly against me I hit the shot and was expecting it to land a good bit before the hole but no........ the ball landed just past the hole and then carried on! Is my logic wrong here?

So many glitches in this game tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭omerin

got this for the pc and am useless :( Don't know if this is happening for others, but after the first round does a lot if black appear at the top of your screen?

Anyone know if "real courses" are being created unofficially?

Also are there any planned enhancements such as different games modes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Jeez, I just have to walk away from it some times.

Won the 9 hole tourney on the xbox society easily

The next event, the brilliantly named. 'Bord na Mona Invitational' i was through 9 holes 1 over. 11 over on the back 9. Hit the shot limit on the first of the second round....

I'm ok tee to green - Putting is just killing me.

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    Jeez, I just have to walk away from it some times.

Won the 9 hole tourney on the xbox society easily

The next event, the brilliantly named. 'Bord na Mona Invitational' i was through 9 holes 1 over. 11 over on the back 9. Hit the shot limit on the first of the second round....

I'm ok tee to green - Putting is just killing me.

Not wishing to burst your bubble but the nine hole tournament applied handicap. Dunno if it should be applied every tournament though, what do Xbox folks think?

Just shot a +9 in my second round at the Bord Na Mona Invitational, a round that included 7 birdies lol. Hit shot limit on first hole :( (got stuck in bushes and couldn't get out, couldn't even see golfer in them.

And how slow are the menus in this!!!

Liamalone wrote: »
    Not wishing to burst your bubble but the nine hole tournament applied handicap. Dunno if it should be applied every tournament though, what do Xbox folks think?

Just shot a +9 in my second round at the Bord Na Mona Invitational, a round that included 7 birdies lol. Hit shot limit on first hole :( (got stuck in bushes and couldn't get out, couldn't even see golfer in them.

And how slow are the menus in this!!!

I finished around 15 under before handicap on the 9 hole course, but to be honest I enjoyed the challenge within it when I realised it was applied (midway through the second round!), made me have to go for every shot without playing safe or laying up short knowing a par was not enough.

I don't mind the handicap been thrown in, happy to go with general consensus. With my handicap going up against someone who might go round in +15 off scratch or so, it will even it out for all and give everybody a fighting chance over the course of a season (My handicap was at +8.0 when I logged off last night!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I finished around 15 under before handicap on the 9 hole course, but to be honest I enjoyed the challenge within it when I realised it was applied (midway through the second round!), made me have to go for every shot without playing safe or laying up short knowing a par was not enough.

I don't mind the handicap been thrown in, happy to go with general consensus. With my handicap going up against someone who might go round in +15 off scratch or so, it will even it out for all and give everybody a fighting chance over the course of a season (My handicap was at +8.0 when I logged off last night!!!)

Leave the xbox handicap on. I think mine ks between 2 or 3. How long is tournament open for

Leave the xbox handicap on. I think mine ks between 2 or 3. How long is tournament open for

Handicap is off for this current tournament, which is started yesterday and has today and tomorrow to run. What do folks think about tournament format? Most so far have been 36 holes over three days.

Last tournament of the season is scheduled after that, two rounds over three days at Tropic Falls in the Tropicana Open, handicap on. This can be edited if desired, I think.

Society levelled up, max events per season now up to ten from the default five.

Handicap is off for this current tournament, which is started yesterday and has today and tomorrow to run. What do folks think about tournament format? Most so far have been 36 holes over three days.

Last tournament of the season is scheduled after that, two rounds over three days at Tropic Falls in the Tropicana Open, handicap on. This can be edited if desired, I think.

Would it be better for an event every 2 days instead of 3 with more now allowed? You could add in a 4 rounder every so often over 3 days, like a major to play for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

This makes sense but I'll console myself with the fact that I did play better than my level!

My handicap is something like 3.8 at the moment and there's no way I'm playing to that level consistently.

If anyone is on later and wants a game add me (same username on xbox)

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    This makes sense but I'll console myself with the fact that I did play better than my level!

My handicap is something like 3.8 at the moment and there's no way I'm playing to that level consistently.

If anyone is on later and wants a game add me (same username on xbox)

Irregardless, you won the tournament in fairness :)

Mines the same username also, feel free to add.

Can you 'play each other' online?

I'll reduce length to two days and the longer 'Major' format sounds like a good idea to me too.

Handicap is currently on for a tournament then off for the next, alternating styleee. Can be kept on if that's the common consensus.

• Advertisement

Can you run 2 events at one time? Is that possible. Leave a four rounder open for a week and then add smaller ones around it

Ill try get my score in for the current one.

I dont mind 4 rounds or one. Do we level up by playing in other societies?

You can only run one event at a time, thought that was a bit crud myself.

As far as I can see, the Society gets levelled up by coinage, which is earned by the Society taking a cut of each entrant's entry fee, what % should it be set at? I went easy at the start then 'stuck the arm in' the last time to get enough to level up lol. There probably is other ways, must look into it.

Update 1.01 downloading on PC

You can only run one event at a time, thought that was a bit crud myself.

As far as I can see, the Society gets levelled up by coinage, which is earned by the Society taking a cut of each entrant's entry fee, what % should it be set at? I went easy at the start then 'stuck the arm in' the last time to get enough to level up lol. There probably is other ways, must look into it.

Take what you want. What are the earnings for in game? Just entry fees.

Junping on now for this boards comp

Take what you want. What are the earnings for in game? Just entry fees.

Junping on now for this boards comp

Got around at even par. Had disaster at the turn. Greens are ridiculous

Got around at even par. Had disaster at the turn. Greens are ridiculous

2nd round 17 over thru 9.

Every shot is a lottery even though my swing is consistent. This is infuriating.

Infuriating is one word lol. Keep 'er lit!

Infuriating is one word lol. Keep 'er lit!

Had to turn it off.

Had to turn it off.

18 mile an hour wind straight in my face. My 9 iron carries 132. Hit said 9 iron ball carries 132 yards.

There is something seriously wrong with this game

• Advertisement

Awww dear, I've had enough tbh. This game needs a patch badly, it's just too inconsistent and that coupled with lighting issues, menu issues, recording scores issues it's really annoying me lol

Just played a Pebble Beach course there and twice off tees, with little to no wind going to the right, I hit a perfect drive only to see it veer wildly to the left on both occasions :(

Advertisement