Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Club 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Liamalone wrote: »
    Awww dear, I've had enough tbh. This game needs a patch badly, it's just too inconsistent and that coupled with lighting issues, menu issues, recording scores issues it's really annoying me lol

Just played a Pebble Beach course there and twice off tees, with little to no wind going to the right, I hit a perfect drive only to see it veer wildly to the left on both occasions :(

I agree. Are they due any patches? Some of the scores people rack up are unreal. I like the handicap aspect until ya shoot a decent score and someone 10 shots better off is miles ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

they really need to fix the wind. It just doesnt make any sense alot of the times

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    they really need to fix the wind. It just doesnt make any sense alot of the times

Elevation is the same.

Just played a Pebble Beach course there and twice off tees, with little to no wind going to the right, I hit a perfect drive only to see it veer wildly to the left on both occasions :(

Happened me on 18. Finished 3 under for first round

Unplayable lie no problem. Just get your golfer down a ditch where you cant see him in front of me was a rock face inpossible to get over. Tried everything. Went to quit out of it and see in the pause menu the option to declare unplayable. Couldnt believe it. Amount if times ive needed ut and never knew it was there

Go back 200 yards to a piece of grass where i am 150 yards from land and cant get any shot to it. Was winning in another society until then. Have recorded and screenshotted it. 15 on a par four

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 appoireland

Awww dear, I've had enough tbh. This game needs a patch badly, it's just too inconsistent and that coupled with lighting issues, menu issues, recording scores issues it's really annoying me lol

Are you going Fast on your downswing? This will cause it to go madly to the left.
    Any straight drive I hit last night was too fast and the perfect ones I was pushing to the side, couldn't even hit a straight putt. I've had a horror show the past 2 tourneys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Are you going Fast on your downswing?

Both occasions were 'perfect' up and downswing, straight line going by the indicator. Both were perfect drives going by all indicators, a couple of mile an hour wind going right yet the drives veered wildly left line a good tight slice.

I'm going to ask Microsoft for a refund I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Unplayable lie no problem. Just get your golfer down a ditch where you cant see him in front of me was a rock face inpossible to get over. Tried everything. Went to quit out of it and see in the pause menu the option to declare unplayable. Couldnt believe it. Amount if times ive needed ut and never knew it was there

Go back 200 yards to a piece of grass where i am 150 yards from land and cant get any shot to it. Was winning in another society until then. Have recorded and screenshotted it. 15 on a par four

Same thing happened me on the first hole of my second ever round!
    11 on a par 3!
    I was only bringing up the menu to quit also, and spotted declare uplayable :pac:

4.4 gb update for xbox. Hopefully it sorts out the problems

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Think I'm done with this, felt no want to put it on in the last few days. Glad i gave it a go but think I might call it a day and trade it...

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Think I'm done with this, felt no want to put it on in the last few days. Glad i gave it a go but think I might call it a day and trade it...

It is frustrating alright. Contoller came close to going through the tele a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Playing off a handicap of 24.1 I am absolutely brutal at this.

Edit: Down to 18.5 now.

No more x box comps?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

No more x box comps?

:( Apologies but I got my money refunded. There was no way for me to leave the society or change presidency.

:( Apologies but I got my money refunded. There was no way for me to leave the society or change presidency.

Refunded ?

I didn't know you could.

Anyone else fancy making one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Got my handicap down to 10.5 now after a few games, starting to get to grips with it now. Good laughing playing it with a few cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

No more x box comps?

I play on a FIFA site http://fifaleaguemanager.com I think its a cracking game, really enjoying it.

So there are about 9/10 of us on there who play the Golf Club 2. They run a tournament every week. Here is the best part, we try and party up so get 3 or 4 of us playing our rounds at the same time so you can see the other guys shots, talk about the game, the wind, the greens, makes it great fun. most of us are 2/3 handicap now, all around the same, couple of late starters have 12/13 handicaps.

Its primarily a site for playing FIFA but its all free so if interested join up and post in the golf threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Not sure if posted already but it's €20.99 in Argos for anyone looking to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Played a round earlier and the greens are still as bad as ever. Want to like this game but cant get to grips with the greens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybody still playing this. Played a few holes for the first time in a good while and the game now seems completely broken. Balls rolling through heavy rough and the greens and still like ice. Graphics also seem not as good as before. Playing on PC

I see this is on sale on psn for 15 and also in GS for 16. Is anyone still playing? I really enjoyed the boards tourneys but the putting was like a random generator on whether the ball would go in or not. Wasn't fun going 7+ just on putting alone. If putting was updated at all, might give it another go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Been trying to get back into it but that putting...

Ah balls that's disappointing. Anyone play everybody's golf? Worth a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It's fun, but very arcadey. Once you level up, you'll be breezing around courses (and then you look at some of the scores online :eek:). Does nothing to scratch the simulation itch, but a fun golf game that moves along at a good pace.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Has the putting changed from the first one? I loved the first one. Putting was really difficult at the start but it’s rewarding when you get the hang of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was addicted to EG World Tour back around 2010. It was the only game I played outside of Cod for 3 years.
    The online made it wonderful. This one is ok but never got into the online and the campaign is grindy. I think it may be geared towards micro-transactions. It's very good but can be frustrating. They got rid of the best swing types and only had the three click method which was really disappointing.
    It's the game I've probably deleted and reinstalled the most. Current status : deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The online sucks balls. There's a tournament every now and then, but God knows when it is. Shame.

Advertisement