Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP! Trying to wall mount Samsung tv

• 26-06-2017 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi, I have a 32" Samsung smart tv and purchased a universal wall mount. However the holes at the back of the tv aren't threaded so I can't understand how we can fit the wall mount to the tv. Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

louise1985 wrote: »
    Hi, I have a 32" Samsung smart tv and purchased a universal wall mount. However the holes at the back of the tv aren't threaded so I can't understand how we can fit the wall mount to the tv. Any help greatly appreciated

TV model and Wall Mount model need to be provided in order to verify the possible issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

samsung ue32k5500 And the wall mount is one for all universal wall mount 2451

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

samsung ue32k5500 And the wall mount is one for all universal wall mount 2451

It's a vesa mountable to - what mount have u got?

Are u looking at the right holes? The threaded roles are to the right of the Samsung sticker - that mount will take the to for sure

Ya on the back of the tv none of the holes are threaded.

• Advertisement

Sorry then I don't know - I googled your tv model and it clearly shows it mounted as it has Vesa holes to the right of sticker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You have to be able to see four holes, silver in colour and with threads. They're likely to be in a square pattern on a 32" set and probably 100 x 100m i.e. the four corners of a square and about 4 inches apart.

Look at the centre of the rear of the set and check again, they're not always near the edges where you might expect to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

Plus, they might already have screws in them which you'll need to remove first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

HPT wrote: »
    Plus, they might already have screws in them which you'll need to remove first.

Unlikely, I have never seen anything except empty screw holes and that's with Philips and Samsung TVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

coylemj wrote: »
    Unlikely, I have never seen anything except empty screw holes and that's with Philips and Samsung TVs.

Unlikely maybe, but definitely possible. I've hung a fair few TVs as for some reason I seem to be the go-to guy for that for friends and family. I've definitely had to remove the screws from the last one I did for a friend as I remember having to decide if the length of the original screws were more suitable than the ones that came with the wall bracket. They weren't, and it was a Walker TV, hardly mainstream, I'll grant you. :)

• Advertisement

Thanks all, we got sorted. The mount was universal but the screws included weren't suitable for Samsung too short and too wide. Got longer screws and they fitted perfectly .

Advertisement