Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.5 exemption

Options
  • 26-06-2017 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi

Myself and my partner both earn 50k combined. Over theast 4 years we have managed to consistently save just over 70k between us and have been gifted 20k, totalling 90k deposit.

Our problem lies with the 3.5 multiple rule.
    While I appreciate it is put in place to limit excessive borrowing, we are looking for a bank willing to lend us 214,000 to be exact.

Would BOI be willing in your opinion to consider lending us this amount, or is our salary simply restricting us to a max of 175,000.
    We can demonstrate to you consistent saving patterns, and frugal spending over the past few years. We are both young FTBs and have no dependents or other debt.

Kind regards
    K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi

Myself and my partner both earn 50k combined. Over theast 4 years we have managed to consistently save just over 70k between us and have been gifted 20k, totalling 90k deposit.

Our problem lies with the 3.5 multiple rule.
    While I appreciate it is put in place to limit excessive borrowing, we are looking for a bank willing to lend us 214,000 to be exact.

Would BOI be willing in your opinion to consider lending us this amount, or is our salary simply restricting us to a max of 175,000.
    We can demonstrate to you consistent saving patterns, and frugal spending over the past few years. We are both young FTBs and have no dependents or other debt.

Kind regards
    K.
    Hi okeydokeys22,

Thank you for your message. All mortgage applications are dealt with on a case by case basis so I would ask you to contact our mortgage section and they will be able to go through this with you. I have given a link here.
    This link gives all the ways you can get in contact with our mortgage team or request a call back so they can have a further look into this for you.
    Thanks again for the message.
    Darren.

Advertisement