Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Coast Challenge 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 woywover

Okay, enough grilling of the starter. I thought he was alright. Told us about black and white makers there to help us find balls etc. Carne had a few spotters around to help find wayward drives which was great... Maybe they were keeping an eye on certain groups too!! Can we rate courses out of 10? For me:
    Enniscrone 9
    Carne 8.5
    Rosses 8.3

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Was the new 9 open in Carne lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

PARlance wrote: »
    Was the new 9 open in Carne lads?

Overheard them in the shop saying it was closed at the time.

In fairness to Rosses, bar the starter everyone else i met was very friendly.

Great course though and would love to play it more often than I do. That 17th is some monster of a hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

alxmorgan wrote: »
    That 17th is some pain in the hole.

Fixed your post :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

woywover wrote: »
    Okay, enough grilling of the starter. I thought he was alright. Told us about black and white makers there to help us find balls etc. Carne had a few spotters around to help find wayward drives which was great... Maybe they were keeping an eye on certain groups too!! Can we rate courses out of 10? For me:
    Enniscrone 9
    Carne 8.5
    Rosses 8.3

I know they are all good courses - but would agree with above order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Had a lot more fun this year than last. Not sure why. The three of us were all in good form, the courses were in great shape - I have no complaints about Rosses, like others here, and thought their greens were back to their best. Carne's greens were exceptional given where they have been for the past two years and the fairways were just the way I like a links course to be. Personally, I think we're spoiled with the quality that greenkeepers can deliver all year round on a links - I'm not complaining when places like Enniscrone can provide such perfection, but I like that more natural feel. And Enniscrone never fails to deliver in terms of quality.
    If I'm to rate the courses then they get 10, 10 and 10. Sorry, but these are all in my top 10... so 10 it is for all of them.
    Hard to believe that I had 33 points at Carne on Day 2, when 34 won it. It was windy but I didn't think it that tough. And while there are some good scores in there... there was nothing too outrageous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

Is booking for 2018 open yet?

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Id love to play this next year, but cant find any links to book. How do i do that?

Found the thread of their facebook :o:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement