Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pay as you go card

Options
  • 27-06-2017 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Got my pay as you go card and want to use it. When I put the card in it asks for a pin number which I put in then it wants a password which I dont have and no indication of one on the booklet I got with the card. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That sounds like a phone password (which would be nothing to do with the service provider).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭martin6651

I dont have to enter a password with my present provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

martin6651 wrote: »
    Got my pay as you go card and want to use it. When I put the card in it asks for a pin number which I put in then it wants a password which I dont have and no indication of one on the booklet I got with the card. 
    Hi martin6651,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to advise on a password for your handset as this is a security feature with the phone and not the provider.

I would recommend contacting the place you purchased the handset or the handset's manufacturer.

Thanks,
    Anna

Do I need to unlock my phone in order to move to another provider.  I set a password on the phone using the present provider but when I try to set up the new sim card it asks for a password and when I enter the pass I set the phone wont recognize it.

If your handset is locked to another provider this may be causing this.

You will need to contact the provider the handset is with to get the unlocking code and you eir Mobile sim will then work in the handset as providers lock handsets to be used only by that provider.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

I unlocked my phone.  I was told that I could retain my old number when I switched over.  How can I get the number changed to my old number

Any help here if not I think I will use the 14 day cooling off option.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

At least wait till Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi martin66551,

If you give our customer care team a ring on 1800690000, they should be able to help you out with getting your old number back.

- Adam

Will try them in the morning. 

• Advertisement

Will try them in the morning. 
    No problem.

- Adam

sorted

I'm delighted to hear this :D

Thanks,
    Anna

Have another problem I can text my daughters mobile which has a Belgium number but I cant call her. I get a message saying that calls to this number are not allowed. 

Have another problem I can text my daughters mobile which has a Belgium number but I cant call her. I get a message saying that calls to this number are not allowed. 
    Hi martin6651, 

Can you confirm your mobile and PIN and I'll check this for you? 

Thanks 

Anna 

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi martin6651, 

Thanks 

Anna 
    p/m sent

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi martin6651, 

Thanks 

Anna 
    p/m sent
    Thanks, I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks 

Anna 

I have another problem. I cant find my phone as its switched off I'm sure it in the house as I suspect one of my grand children may have taken it and some how managed to switch it off. I was wondering if I can bring in my old phone into an Eir dealer and get a new sim card and insert it into the old phone or will it be locked to my last provider when I switched providers I unlocked the lost phone.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back in touch. Can you PM me your mobile number, PIN and full name, please?

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for getting back in touch. Can you PM me your mobile number, PIN and full name, please?

- Adam
    Adam       that problem is sorted. its the next one I need help with.

• Advertisement

Hi,

- Adam
    Adam       that problem is sorted. its the next one I need help with.
    Apologies for that, Martin6651.

Sorry to hear about your phone. If you are using an old phone that was registered with a different network previously, it would need ot be unlocked so you can use it with us. If you contact your previous provider they should be able to advise you on how to get your unlocking code.

- Adam

Adam   If I purchase a new phone will I be able to use my old number. If my phone is switched off it needs a pin code to activate it so can it be used by some one else. I cant find and it may have been stolen as  my grand children  are saying they have not seen it

Adam   If I purchase a new phone will I be able to use my old number. If my phone is switched off it needs a pin code to activate it so can it be used by some one else. I cant find and it may have been stolen as  my grand children  are saying they have not seen it
    If you purchase a new phone that's unlocked to the eir network you will be able to use your old number. 

If you give our customer care team a ring on 1901 they should be able to arrange this for you.

- Adam

If you purchase a new phone that's unlocked to the eir network you will be able to use your old number. 

If you give our customer care team a ring on 1901 they should be able to arrange this for you.

- Adam
    Thanks Adam   I will pop into town and have a look at what is available. I'm an old fashion type so I will be looking for a push button type if they are still available. I'm sure the shop will be able to set my up with my old number on  my new purchase .

- Adam
    Thanks Adam   I will pop into town and have a look at what is available. I'm an old fashion type so I will be looking for a push button type if they are still available. I'm sure the shop will be able to set my up with my old number on  my new purchase .
    No problem at all. You can view our phones that are available online. 

You can view our bill pay phones here: https://www.eir.ie/store/mobile/phones/bill-pay

and our PAYG phones here: https://www.eir.ie/store/mobile/phones/prepay

- Adam

Advertisement