Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Console?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

EoinHef wrote: »
    From the sounds of it the guy hasnt gamed in years,a PS4,even the standard one would be streets ahead of what he has already owned in the past if he hasnt gamed in years.

:confused:

With respect, I disagree - By that logic she could buy him a Nintendo 64 and then just hope he's backwards enough to not know any better!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Mango Joe wrote: »
    :confused:

With respect, I disagree - By that logic she could buy him a Nintendo 64 and then just hope he's backwards enough to not know any better!

I never said just buy him any oul thing. Theres a world of difference between saying get an original PS4 over the Pro and get a Nintendo 64 instead of a PS4. So not really sure what ye mean there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Just joking! I know what ya mean...... Still though if it was me certain compromises would slightly spoil it for me......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you have a 720p TV I doubt the compromises are even noticeable. The guy probably doesn't even know the pro version exists. Done one that hasn't had a console in years doesn't scream audio visual video game tech nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

Man, I'd love a Nintendo 64. Now, that was real gaming!

Ah, don't be harsh. He may not be THE most tech savvy but he does play as often as he can when he's at his friend's. Not even sure he likes his friend that much...

He just hasn't needed a PS4 before cause he has ME!

Honestly though, thanks for all the opinions. I'll spend the extra to get the 1Tb. I'd rather Slim than Pro so will keep looking at what packages are available. I'm limited to what ships to Spain as we are here for a few months more.

¡Muchas gracias!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not being mean, just don't think the Pro is really going to matter to him. Think you are making the right decision with a good 1TB bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Mango Joe wrote: »
    If my Girlfriend with the best of good intentions bought me a 500GB, last generation (iteration) PS4 I'd be so grateful and appreciative of her kindness and wonderful nature but secretly carry grief over the missing performance and I would cry privately every time I found that I was yet again already out of storage space.

There is little to no difference.
    I still feel like I got suckered by the PRO hype.

Got a PS4 Slim 1Tb with COD: Advance Warfare, GTAV and PES17 through Amazon.co.uk.
    €410 and due to arrive a week before the big day.

Money can't buy you love. But it can buy you a Playstation, which is pretty close :D

Thanks for all the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Jesus, you're the girlfriend of the year edition.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Jesus, you're the girlfriend of the year edition.
    Ha, ha, I may need to quote you in a dating profile, in 2 weeks time... when I find myself as neglected and obsolete as a PS2 :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement