Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery life and heat issues since latest update Windows phone 10

• 27-06-2017 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭

Anyone else noticing this on build 15063.414?

I have a 950XL

When using or charging the phone, it gets very hot, mainly around where the Iris scanner is I've noticed. I've also had to turn off Windows Hello as it kept crashing the phone.

Battery life has also decreased dramatically, I'll be lucky to get the day out of it now with a bit of light browsing, Facebook etc.

I reset the phone thinking that might help with the heating issue at least, but no dice. Aren't these supposed to be liquid cooled as well?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I seem to be on 15226.0? Not seeing the issue. I only seem to be able to get a day or so out of the battery no matter what build I have installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I seem to be on 15226.0? Not seeing the issue. I only seem to be able to get a day or so out of the battery no matter what build I have installed.
    Are you on the insider ring or that?

I used to get a day and a bit out of it but now it's in battery saver by 3pm.
    Phones not saying there's any updates pending either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Yeah, just checked and I'm on the inside ring. Haven't used this phone in a while so just let itself update when I switched it on a few days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

15226 is an Insider ring on the "Feature 2" branch. There seems to be issues with this pre-release build (although better than the previous build) with CPU usage and heating - web browsing will cause the device to become particularly warm.

If you've got the Feedback Hub installed there are a few people who have reported similar behaviour, you can add your feedback so they can be more aware of the impact for users.

Unfortunately, it's one of the downsides of being in the Insider program and running a pre-release OS, occasionally there is a build that isn't great quality. (The PC build 16226 has similar CPU issues reported)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

15226 is an Insider ring on the "Feature 2" branch. There seems to be issues with this pre-release build (although better than the previous build) with CPU usage and heating - web browsing will cause the device to become particularly warm.

If you've got the Feedback Hub installed there are a few people who have reported similar behaviour, you can add your feedback so they can be more aware of the impact for users.

Unfortunately, it's one of the downsides of being in the Insider program and running a pre-release OS, occasionally there is a build that isn't great quality. (The PC build 16226 has similar CPU issues reported)
    The insider build seems to be better than the "official" build I'm currently on - 15063

Phone would actually burn your finger when it's charging if you touched the Microsoft logo at the top of the screen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement