If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marantz HD-AMP1 Price/availability

Options
  • 27-06-2017 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi John,
              Upgraditis and the need to change is here yet again, I'm looking to get a price on the Marantz HD-AMP1 if it is something you can quote me nicely for :-)

As well, do you think the Monitor Audio Silver 1's would be a good pairing? I have the RX2's I got from yourself a while back!

Thanks in advance as always.

Kao13

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

kao123 wrote: »
    Hi John,
              Upgraditis and the need to change is here yet again, I'm looking to get a price on the Marantz HD-AMP1 if it is something you can quote me nicely for :-)

As well, do you think the Monitor Audio Silver 1's would be a good pairing? I have the RX2's I got from yourself a while back!

Kao13
    Hi Kao13,

I have one of these in stock. It is ex display but boxed as new and I can go to £749 or 949 Euro for it.

The Silver 1s would be a great pair with that amp. We are actually clearing through our stocks of Silver speakers as we get ready for the new Monitor Audio Silver range to arrive. A brand new pair of Silver 1s in either black oak or walnut would be just 329 euro. I also have a brand new set in Black gloss for 349 euro.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Hi John,

Kao13
    Hi Kao13,

I have one of these in stock. It is ex display but boxed as new and I can go to £749 or 949 Euro for it.

The Silver 1s would be a great pair with that amp. We are actually clearing through our stocks of Silver speakers as we get ready for the new Monitor Audio Silver range to arrive. A brand new pair of Silver 1s in either black oak or walnut would be just 329 euro. I also have a brand new set in Black gloss for 349 euro.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for the reply David,
    I have the RX2's so I'm hoping the Silver 1's will have a similar depth of sound for a smaller room.
    I see there are a few UK retailers offering the HD-AMP1 for £649 bnib , is this a price you can match for me online?

Thanks in advance.

Kao123

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John,

Kao13
    Hi Kao13,

Kind regards

David
                                I have the RX2's so I'm hoping the Silver 1's will have a similar depth of sound for a smaller room.
    I see there are a few UK retailers offering the HD-AMP1 for £649 bnib , is this a price you can match for me online?

Thanks in advance.

Kao123
    NO problem going to £649 - or ( and dont read on if you want to avoid temptation!) we could do the Marantz HD-AMP 1 with Brand New Monitor Audio Silver 1 in Black Oak or Walnut at just £799 :)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

Kao13
    Hi Kao13,

Kind regards

David

Thanks in advance.

Kao123
    NO problem going to £649 - or ( and dont read on if you want to avoid temptation!) we could do the Marantz HD-AMP 1 with Brand New Monitor Audio Silver 1 in Black Oak or Walnut at just £799 :)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Thanks John, as always you make the deals too hard to resist, one more question before pulling the trigger, what colour is the HD-AMP1? silver is my preference for separates, they need to match the AV Receiver and SACD player you provided at too good to resist prices before.

thanks in advance.

Hi John,

Kao13
    Hi Kao13,

Kind regards

David

Thanks in advance.

Kao123

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Thanks John, as always you make the deals too hard to resist, one more question before pulling the trigger, what colour is the HD-AMP1? silver is my preference for separates, they need to match the AV Receiver and SACD player you provided at too good to resist prices before.

thanks in advance.
    Hi kao123,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. The amp is black with wood sides.

Let me know if you require any further info.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Thanks David,
                       At the price John quoted then black is fine, can you add the Gloss black silver 1's as well please, at the price John quoted?
    If you can then I'll place the order today.

thanks

Kao123

Thanks David,
                       At the price John quoted then black is fine, can you add the Gloss black silver 1's as well please, at the price John quoted?
    If you can then I'll place the order today.

thanks

Kao123
    Done..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John, you're a star, but my wallet doesn't agree.
    I'm in the Richer Sounds system already,  so I can PM yourself or one of the guys, let me know who to contact and I'll get it done.

thanks again.

I'm in the Richer Sounds system already,  so I can PM yourself or one of the guys, let me know who to contact and I'll get it done.

thanks again.
    Hi kao123,

PM me back with your contact number and we'll process that order for you.

Many thanks

David

thanks again.
    Hi kao123,

Many thanks

David
    PM sent

• Advertisement

thanks again.
    Hi kao123,

Many thanks

David
    PM sent
    Thanks for the PM Kao123.

I will give you a call very very shortly.

Hi RS guys,
                    I have a question about the HD-AMP1 I got from yourselves, it's all working fine apart from a small issue with the selector knob, there seems to be a bit of "play" in it. It works fine however the knob itself is wobbly.
    I've found one more mention of this online and was wondering is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

Kao

Hi RS guys,
                    I have a question about the HD-AMP1 I got from yourselves, it's all working fine apart from a small issue with the selector knob, there seems to be a bit of "play" in it. It works fine however the knob itself is wobbly.
    I've found one more mention of this online and was wondering is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

Kao
    Hi Kao123.

Not an issue I've came across unfortunately.

I'll give Marantz a call and see if it is something that they might have heard of or if there is a fix. (I would say that if the knob needs replaced we will need to send the unit back to them unfortunately).

You should be able to remove the selector knob by popping it off. You could check if the plastic that holds the knob to the metal pin of the selector might be stretched or warped causing it not to fit correctly and making it wobble.

I've checked over several other Marantz products and the selector dial or volume control can be removed for all of them by a little pull forward.

If you could PM with your address I can look you up on our system.

Hi RS guys,

Thanks in advance.

Kao
    Hi Kao123.

Not an issue I've came across unfortunately.

I'll give Marantz a call and see if it is something that they might have heard of or if there is a fix. (I would say that if the knob needs replaced we will need to send the unit back to them unfortunately).

You should be able to remove the selector knob by popping it off. You could check if the plastic that holds the knob to the metal pin of the selector might be stretched or warped causing it not to fit correctly and making it wobble.

I've checked over several other Marantz products and the selector dial or volume control can be removed for all of them by a little pull forward.

If you could PM with your address I can look you up on our system.
    Thanks Kenny, PM sent

Cheers Kao123.

Hi Kenny,
                   any further update on this, I tried your recommendations and the issue appears to be with the actual selector and not the knob.

thanks

kao

Hi Kenny,
                   any further update on this, I tried your recommendations and the issue appears to be with the actual selector and not the knob.

thanks

kao
    Hi Kao123.

Sorry that didn't help. I've no other ideas myself unfortunately.

I gave Marantz a buzz again there and they say its not a common fault but have had a few similar issues.

It is still well within warranty so if you want to return it to us here at the store we can get it sent off for repair and then return it to you.

Thanks for the reply, would you mind giving me a call if possible?, my number should be in the system, if not I'll IM it to you.

Thanks for the reply, would you mind giving me a call if possible?, my number should be in the system, if not I'll IM it to you.
    Hey Kao123.

I've asked Stephen who deals with the majority of our repairs here at store level to give you a little call get you sorted.

Hey Kao123.

I've asked Stephen who deals with the majority of our repairs here at store level to give you a little call get you sorted.
    Hi Kenny,
                  I've sent you a PM about this this morning.

thanks

• Advertisement

Hey Kao123.

Hi Kenny,
                  I've sent you a PM about this this morning.

thanks
    I will get back to your PM as soon as possible.

Replied :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Guys,
                just wondering if there is any update on the AMP?

thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,
                just wondering if there is any update on the AMP?

thanks in advance.
    Hi Kao123.

We only received the unit back with ourselves on Friday.

It takes a day or so for the manufacturer to create the repair job and send a courier to collect it from us.

Hopefully it will be heading back to them today or tomorrow and once they receive it and check it over they will let us know how long the repair will take and in-turn I will drop you a PM and keep you up to date.

OK super stuff, thanks Kenny.

OK super stuff, thanks Kenny.
    No problem Kao123.

I'll keep you posted as I get the info.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.