Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acetone polish remover?

Options
  • 27-06-2017 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Anyone know where I could buy acetone to remove 3week old shellac please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Any pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

I always use nail varnish remover that contains acetone works just as well as the acetone in the beauticians.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MartyC286

canireally wrote: »
    I always use nail varnish remover that contains acetone works just as well as the acetone in the beauticians.

Thanks, finally found acetone and tried it. Didn't take the polish fully off, really dried out nails. Think il be sticking to normal nail polish, shellac/gelish too much hassle to remove!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Don't salons normally offer to remove it as a part of the price?

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Don't salons normally offer to remove it as a part of the price?

Oh they do, I just didn't get a chance to go to my beautician

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

Did you try the acetone/ cotton wool and tinfoil removal method?

Percyxoxo wrote: »
    Did you try the acetone/ cotton wool and tinfoil removal method?

I did thanks, took a while but I got there!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Make sure to scratch the shellac well with a nail file before use the cotton wool / tinfoil. This effectively breaks the seal and creates surface area for the acetone to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I've never known a salon to remove the Shellac as part of the price.
    My local salon charges €20 to remove it and any other place I've been to also charges.

Anyway, yeah acetone is very drying to the nails so just make sure you hydrate them again.

fussyonion wrote: »
    I've never known a salon to remove the Shellac as part of the price.
    My local salon charges €20 to remove it and any other place I've been to also charges.

Anyway, yeah acetone is very drying to the nails so just make sure you hydrate them again.

€20 to remove oh my god that's so expensive! You wouldn't be getting it done often..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Most places i know include removal. I would find it ridiculous if it didn't. Once I couldn't get back to the place that did my nails and I had to pay €5 for removal in another place.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

I have only ever been charged for removal if i got them somewhere else and even then it was unusual. Normally it's 30e with removal includes for shellac. Gels are obviously more expensive. Would never pay 20e to get them removed that's madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

€20 is insane! I was only ever charged once - a tenner - was a bit disgusted because I was getting new ones done, it was a different salon but even so. Prepping the nails (including removal) should be part of the price. It usually has been in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I only ever charge to remove shellac if it wasn't applied by me. How can someone charge €20?!

Advertisement