Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

I've often wondered is the helmet 5vyear rule just a manufacturer gimmick?
    Would love to hear more about PRs scalloping out on front ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Zipppy wrote: »
    Would love to hear more about PRs scalloping out on front ???

I have 3 sets on 2 different bikes all went the same way, tyre pressures where monitored all the time especially after the 1st set.

Its the horizontal slashes across the tyre on the front, in effect cuts the tyre into cubes so to speak and they get warped far to easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'm in the Makikomi boat here. Don't replace anything until it needs to be replaced. Helmet is a few years old at this stage (about 7) and doesn't have removable lining. Wouldn't mind replacing that! But it still does the job, so hard to justify shelling out €250 on a new one.
    I do dry miles only, so gear lasts a lot longer when it doesn't have to be 100% waterproof.

Paulw wrote: »
    Just curious about a few things -

Aside from the obvious,

how often would you change your tyres? 15,000km, or wait until they near the limit?
    how often would you get a new helmet? 4-5 years?
    how often would you change your boots? 2-3 years?
    how often would you change your gear? 4-5 years?

Tyres when they need to be changed and the rest when it needs to be changed. What are you doing to boots that they only last 3 years..

I think common sense is what needs to be used here, if your gear is ****ed then replace it, if not then don't.

Advertisement